• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Scientific evidence supports creation by God!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tranced

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2010
Grand Blanc, Michigan
If I had free tickets I'd go. I wouldn't mind seeing it, but I'm not going to give them ANY financial support. It's $25 for an adult to get in. :laugh:

I could definitely get my $25 worth of value in a place like that. Lot of people there would just be awe-inspired and ready to share all they know. I could get so many of my questions answered.
A cute starter example: Where is the easter bunny mentioned in the bible?

Another slightly less cute example: when jesus said "some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom" is that because he knew they were vampires? It makes a lot of sense since he commanded them to eat his flesh, ya know?

Guaranteed to Offensive Example: If a man scares a woman into having sex it's rape, correct? If Mary was scared, as indicated in Luke 1:30, doesn't that make God a ......? Does that mean rape is justifiable?

And I also like thought provoking ones once in a while for s&gs: If our existence and the complexities of life can only be explained by an intelligent creator, how do you explain the existence of an intelligent creator?

Infernal2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2010
The Oil Coast, AL
"Irreducible Complexity"

When I here those two words uttered together, I feel a deep sense of pity for the speaker. I have a difficult time continuing the discussion. I just don't want to hurt the other person's feelings when they are at least making an attempt at understanding evolution and biogenesis. Some of these individuals do eventually break the rust loose.
Anybody else have similar experiences?

Oh the debates in the Outside section were more than enough for me. But sometimes, with one of those "good tries" you get someone who is starting to be versed in biology enough to have a reasonable discussion with and it makes the effort all worth it. It's when people start talking "complexity of the perfect human eye" I want to cough, mention blindspot, and then run screaming.

If I had free tickets I'd go. I wouldn't mind seeing it, but I'm not going to give them ANY financial support. It's $25 for an adult to get in. :laugh:

Used to live near the one in P'cola Florida when it was open. I admit to getting really bored one day and went over with a few friends. It was silly, but it was still a blast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread