Not open for further replies.

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
Dan,

Are you also using something to isolate the positive post from the ScubaGenV3 body? I assumed the negative would not need this, but that the positive post should not be contacting the body corrent?

Correct, I am using a food safe silicon to encapsulate the wire and plug the channel the wire runs through.
Dan

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
Do you think there are any potential health hazards using copper wire in such a wet environment? With all the possible different chemicals that could be in eliquid. Is it possible or feasible to use some kind of stainless steel wire to make the connection by the coil?

Havent thought about it, but the wire I am using is not copper. Is silver in color, so not sure what it is. I do enclose the connection and opening back to the main tube area with silicon, so I do not see a problem if it is encased in silicon.
Dan

UA72Riddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2010
Griffin, GA
You can always order jewelers silver strand. I used that for the posts on my hybrid genisis, as did all of the other guys. It's about 1mm diameter, and solders easily to the connector.

Do you think there are any potential health hazards using copper wire in such a wet environment? With all the possible different chemicals that could be in eliquid. Is it possible or feasible to use some kind of stainless steel wire to make the connection by the coil?

jimbalny

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2011
New York
You can always order jewelers silver strand. I used that for the posts on my hybrid genisis, as did all of the other guys. It's about 1mm diameter, and solders easily to the connector.

What is it exactly called what I should look for?

Did a google on "silver strand" and "stranded silver"

Is it usually insulated or bare?

thanks

PKZap27

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
USA - Ohio
Here are some more links!

Food Grade Silicone Adhesives/Sealants 2.8 Oz. Tube Translucent $4.29 - McMaster-Carr Item Number 7545A471

It's a little expensive from McMaster-Carr. However, it should cost less if you include this with the other items that you are purchasing from McMaster-Carr. If you purchase it from the vendors listed below you would have to pay the additional shipping cost on top of the prices shown below.

SU5005, RTV Food Grade Adhesive Silicone Sealant, Clear, 3oz Tube $3.23

SU5005 Food Grade RTV Silicone Clear 10.3oz Cartridge $4.75

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread