Not open for further replies.

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
Going forward I ask that you keep the discussion on topic in this thread. While we do understand that some threads to tend to veer OT from time to time, in this thread it is especially important that the discussion remain on topic so members do not have to sift through a large amount of unrelated posts to follow the discussion. I will be keeping a fairly tight lid on this thread and will remove posts that do not further the discussion of this case. PM me with any questions if need be.

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
Last edited:

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
To clarify, we will not be issuing infractions for OT posts,(unless a gross violation of forum rules) just moving them to the other thread I created...........It is likely I will be just looking at this every couple of days and doing a bit of "clean up". I didn't mean to scare anyone with my "tight lid" comment, we would just like the thread to remain as much on track as reasonably possible............

Any post deemed at OT will not be deleted, just moved so there will remain a transparency to all interested parties in this thread.

Have at it.............

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
So the docket updates thread will only have updates when something happens?
And this will be the thread where we get the daily updates that nothing happened?

I'll be checking the docket every day while Sun is on vacation . . . while I feel kind of silly posting, "Nothing happened today," I'll probably do that just so people feel confident that the docket is indeed being checked. :)

I'll probably check between 4:30 and 6:30 my time every day. (I'm in the midwest, so I'm an hour behind D.C., so that means checking the docket at between 5:30 and 7:30 Eastern Time.)

When something happens, it will be posted here, then a moderator will copy the update onto the docket update thread.

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
In March, it was suggested that- as people with a stake in the outcome of this decision- we write letters to the appeals court justices. I thought I'd bring the idea back up again.

I haven't received any acknowledgment of my letter, so i don't know whether or not there may be a better address. Here's the address that I used:

The Honorable Justices Ginsburg, Henderson and Rogers
U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. District
Constitution Avenue, N.W.
Washington DC, 20001

SheerLuckHolmes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2009
Tempe, Az
I wrote the court when it was first suggested. I have not received a response either, nor do I expect one. I truly hope that there is a landslide of letters to the court and I hope they get it that this case is important to us. And I hope that they infer that the case is important to the rest of America as well, for it foreshadows Americas future in terms of our continuing freedoms or the drastic curtailing of that freedom for the future.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Why are all the ECF forum members not writting mass letters to the court, I feel the forum Mods should put together something or someone should to help this case out, with all the members I would think we could hit them with a mass of e-mail and letters on a daily basis for this cause and believe it would help not hurt, if we have to battle them in there own ring using there politics I dont feel we have the upper edge one bit, a mass rally and mass communication would really help us all, just my opinion. I wrote a huge thread on this but didnt get much reply???

Vaporer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2009
Away..
There was a list of email addresses and a letter to copy.
I hit them all and got the instant "Thank You, we'll reply" auto responder.
Never heard a thing from any of them. I'm out of states effected so far, but they don't know that. They may have the title set to "go to spam".
Might want to change the Subject lines around some.

Just a thought for anyone emailing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread