Not open for further replies.

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
This suggestion posted by @retired1 recently in another thread should help:
If you click on the search box, an option will pop down. Select "More".

You'll then be presented with the advanced search screen. Click on the Threads and Posts tab. Here you can specify what you're looking for (yes, you can also use a * to designate everything), enter your username, and then select the display as threads option towards the bottom.

Ricky Spanish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2014
Posts by any member to threads that I started.

For example, in one of my threads, someone mentioned a foreign recipe site that needed to be translated. I'd like to be able search all my threads for the word "translated" and be able to find which thread contains that word.

Are you actually looking for that post or just using it as an example?

This is my new favorite recipe site , needs to be translated though .

Le DIY pour les Nuls - Recettes DIY - Trucs et Astuces.

Looking for a popular recipe database with advanced search

Reactions: herb

Squidward

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
United States
Are you actually looking for that post or just using it as an example?Looking for a popular recipe database with advanced search

That was just an example. A more representative example might be that I have two multi-page threads going where OSDIY's Blue Raspberry Slush has been discussed by multiple people on multiple pages. Doing an overall search on Blue Raspberry Slush turns up six pages of results, and I just thought how handy it'd be if I could limit search to only my posts or discussions.

It's no biggie, really. Using the available tools to limit posts to the past 60 days, only search under E-Liquids, and display results as threads returns a much narrower (and more relevant) result of only seven records.

Sometimes I have trouble with "work smarter, not harder."

Reactions: Ricky Spanish

Ricky Spanish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2014
Sometimes I have trouble with "work smarter, not harder."
I have trouble with that myself sometimes.

I was just trying the threads you created and only saw two in DIY so it looked like it may have been an example, but glad you got something that will work for you.

Reactions: Squidward
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread