Searching For Bold Bakery Type Flavors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pam1384

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
Tacoma, WA, USA
I've been ordering lots and lots of samples from various vendors recommended on ECF. I am having a blast and have accumulated over 50 different flavors and I'm starting to get a good idea of what I do and do not really want in a flavor. I usually don't even try a juice until it has steeped for a minimum of 3 days. I then document my rating and put it away to try again in a week, document my findings, put it away, etc.... Now I'm looking for opinions.

What I seem to gravitate towards are creamy dessert-type flavors. I'm not finding a lot of joy in single flavor fruits but a mixture of fruits is ok, particularly if it contains some sort of cream flavoring. I adore vanilla and custards and my favorites in those categories are Nicoticket's CLS and Gremlin's Vanilla Custard thus far.

I want a bold, in-your-face flavor in the above categories. Many of the most highly regarded vendors seem a little weak to my palate. I can taste a whisper of this or a whisper of that where I want more of a smack-me-in-the-throat flavor where I'm not left wondering what I'm tasting. I'm not looking for great subtlety unless it's something like "a strong custard with a hint of berry". See what I'm getting at? As long as the main flavor is strong then some subtle additional flavoring is fine.

So, any opinions on what I might want to try?

vjc0628

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Maryville TN
like your post well laid out and you have a good attitude on steeping which always helps

I don't know how much help I will be because tobacco is my main flav always everything else is second

I have not tried a lot of bakeries, but I recently has Ahlusion blueberry vanilla cake which was spot on
I mean I could even taste the cake part It was really good (however I've read their strawberry vanilla cake in much more subtle)
you can also get it on their express line which means no steeping

I also see a lot of posts for copper creak house blend I have not tried it but its on my to do list
And another desert I love (although not bakery) is mom and pop pchellas famous 5 layer

I am interested in you thoughts on the Vanilla Custard
I cant decide which to try between grants, gremlin , big willies or CLS

Pam1384

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
Tacoma, WA, USA
vjc: Both Gremlin's and CLS are quite similar. I'm not sure if I could pick a favorite. Gremlin is local to me and I like to support local businesses as much as possible. They both just have a nice, robust flavor on the inhale as well as a smooth exhale where the flavor just really continues if that makes sense. I have yet to try the other two you listed but I probably will in the future.

Fuzion Vapor is one I haven't tried yet either. I am so .... retentive that I read as many reviews as I can then visit websites to check out the offerings. Visit FB pages (if there is one) to ferret out more info then Google reviews on the business practices of different vendors. If everything checks out I add that vendor to a spreadsheet as a possible to order from. lol Both Fuzion and Copper Creek are on my "to try" list so maybe I'll try both those places.

Thanks for the responses so far! It's much appreciated.

bryaninaustin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2012
Austin, TX
+1 Copper Creek House Blend.

If you like fruit cream, you cannot go wrong with any of the fruit creams from Ahlusion. The lime and the pineapple are my favorites. They have a desert selection which I haven't started to sample yet.

High Desert Vapes is another seller to check out. Of the desert-type vapes I really like the Dutch Apple Pie and Salted Caramel. The Caramelnut Mocha is outstanding. It has some coffee notes but I would still say it is more of a desert vape than a coffee vape.

Kick Bass Vapor's Gooey Better Cake is delicious. Their Rice Crispity Treat is another personal favorite.

xxbodkinxx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2013
Texas
I have been really enjoying most of the Alice in Vapeland. White rabbit is my favorite but black and white cookie is good tastes like an oreo. Crunkberry is berries and milk. I heard cupcake city is awesome as well. White rabbit is definitely my favorite it's definitely a dessert vape imo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4

lasttango

What would Freud say?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Wilmington, DE / Ithaca, NY
www.last.fm
I would totally discourage you from Alice in vapeland if you want bold, strong in your face flavor... great juice, but relatively lighter....

I dislike these bold, strong flavors... so... I have some awareness of where you will find them...

On my list of stronger flavors would be:

fuzion vapor, goodlife vapor, vapetrik, anything by flavorZ (joe castro), tastyvapor, to name a few... see aarony's posts...

Smokke

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2013
Atlanta, GA, USA
My favorite bakery juice right now is Deadly Sin by Good Life Vapor. Prices are very reasonable and it is consistently an excellent juice. Kind of a buttery cinnamony graham crackery blend well balanced out with maybe a little apple cotton candy (maybe) with a tad of tobacco in it sometimes. It tastes different at different voltages and it light enough to be an all day (or all month - in my case) vape!

Scottitude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2010
Metro Detroit
scottitude.net
I highly recommend Ms T's Bakery Essentials.

Ms. T has no "shelf stock" and mixes each bottle as it's ordered so you won't get it in three days but her focus is on bakery type flavors (and an assortment of candies, gums, fruits, and beverages) that actually taste exactly as they are labeled.

If you want cheap and fast, go elsewhere; but if you want perfect flavor, superior TH, and aren't afraid to pay a little more for high quality e-liquid, there's no comparison.

Regardless of where you buy, good luck in your search for a tasty vape.

HeadInClouds

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2013
I just got many bakery flavors like you describe in my own mixes from EC Blends. They have a ton of their own flavors, and you can check a box for extra or even double shots of flavor. Extra is good, double might be too much. You can add cool hit to anything, which makes coconut taste frozen to me. Cool hit isn't menthol, just a cool effect. I mixed a bunch of my own flavors, great fun (up to 4 flavors, you pick the % of each, can add sweet, sour, extra flavor hits, etc.) I used a 20% off coupon and got a tin full of little bottles, mostly my own flavors. Oh - their "cream" flavor as a mixer seems pretty strong to me. 20% of that with other fruits, and it's quite creamy. I need to clean out a carto to try my attempt at brandied fruit - it smells like I got it right!

Pam1384

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
Tacoma, WA, USA
Hahaha, yeah I did forget to say whose juices I have tried. Here goes:

Nicoticket - (love the CLS and CB)
MtBaker - Hit or miss thus far. Steeping the heck out of them.
Juicemafia
Heather's Heavenly Vapes - So far I could see me ordering again
D&D Vapor
Plume Room
Indigo
Gremlin Juice
VapeDudes
Alice In Vapeland - I wanted to love them but yeah, they are a little light for me
Ahlusion - Still testing and steeping
High Desert Vapes
Mister E Liquid -just got those in yesterday
ROAR

I think that's it so far. I believe all other recommendations from you guys are on my list of "Should Try" so I'll start there. I want to point out again since I did list the vendors I have tried that none of them have been bad, just not what I'm looking for. I figure if I'm not bowled over by a flavor after 3 weeks of steeping that I've given it a fair shot. Thanks again!

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
That's better! Now I see there is no The Vapor Room listed. Ya see? :)

I don't think you could call anything from TVR weak on flavor in the bakery/sweet line. I'm using that flavor killer 100 VG and there isn't much there that I would add extra flavor to. Actually, I don't do bakery or sweet stuff with any other places except TVR. What I have tried and really like there would be:

Cinnamon Danish Swirl (absolute must to try)
Lemon Meringue (that's the only one I get with added flavor)
Dutch Chocolate Mint (well balanced)
Peanut Butter Cookie (another must try - so much like the real thing it's scary)
Gingerbread (if you love it, you'll love it)
Waffle
Chocolate Fudge Brownie (practically obscene)
Apple Pie
Peaches & Cream (don't get the cream so much but the "peaches" is intense)
Horchata (ok, not a bakery flavor but it's really good for a flavor that could be weak)

I know I'm leaving several out of that list...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread