Not open for further replies.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Have the dna boards and modders finally added reverse battery protection?

THats why I went with YIHI years ago. I know myself and just thinking that I could stupidly fry my 200 and up device because of a mistake just scared me off.

I even had a MB Wizard and sold it right away. That plus the finish being so delicate, just did not want to keep it, though it was a beauty. I need looks and longevity and ruggedness.

Hmmm - I do not know (never tried it!). ;)

They're marked though (pos & neg).

I never had a Wizard but did lust over them. I have Ti Provis and they're tough as nails. I take it your MB wasn't the Ti version, or is their finish different from the Provi version?

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Hmmm - I do not know (never tried it!). ;)

They're marked though (pos & neg).

I never had a Wizard but did lust over them. I have Ti Provis and they're tough as nails. I take it your MB wasn't the Ti version, or is their finish different from the Provi version?

My MB Wizard Evolved II was not the TI version, just reg finish. I read a LOT of posts and the finish being delicate, also it being 21mm and no reverse polarity made me sell it fast. I know they have the "+" and "-" but I remember the times I used the Kicks and dammit if I didnt fry my first one and another , just gave them up.
Plus now with all the new batteries being flat, its hard for some of us "older folks" or impatient ones to always take that second or third look to make sure.

ANother factor is I like simple. I dont like bells and whistles and get impatient. I loved my P3 Stealth, but it was so much more complicated to get it the way I liked it compared to my Mini 2.5s. I sold my P3 to get the SX Mini S-Class new and unused with warranty. I rarely miss my stealth, loved it being all black, but I have my mini 2.5 in black with the converted top cap.( also have it in silver )

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I have Ti Provis and they're tough as nails. I take it your MB wasn't the Ti version, or is their finish different from the Provi version?

The MB was a gorgeous finish, dont know if it was coated or just finished like the Provari, but it was delicate. I remember just screwing on an atty just part of the way and my finger nail left a scuff on the top of the MB.

THe Provari finishes are amazing.... Unless you constantly knock it down on rough surfaces or wear scuffy jewellry, its tough.

RadiusNick

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2017
What about the Dicodes line and the SX MINI especially the older , simple work horses like the S-Class and M-CLass.

View attachment 660951 View attachment 660953
i just noticed the resemblance of the design:
f50fbc86d907399302286de6329d3281_1024x1024.jpg

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
i just noticed the resemblance of the design:
View attachment 661015

The ZNA was the game-changer when it came to styling. That mod literally changed the landscape, and MANY were born of its ingenious design. I've never actually owned one, but I've thanked Zen a million times for bringing me some of my most beloved mods (a few mentioned right here in this thread).

Without the ZNA first cutting into the landscape, none of them would likely exist.

Here's to Zen. :toast:

RadiusNick

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2017
The ZNA was the game-changer when it came to styling. That mod literally changed the landscape, and MANY were born of its ingenious design. I've never actually owned one, but I've thanked Zen a million times for bringing me some of my most beloved mods (a few mentioned right here in this thread).

Without the ZNA first cutting into the landscape, none of them would likely exist.

Here's to Zen. :toast:
i just wish it had a recent DNA board and a longer body for a better solution to the 18650 battery.
it really looks solid and durable.(and quite cheap right now)

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
i just wish it had a recent DNA board and a longer body for a better solution to the 18650 battery.
it really looks solid and durable.(and quite cheap right now)

Twas the very issue that kept me from one. Since my earliest vaping days, I knew it was 18650 or nothing for me. I tried my early Provis in standard (18490) mode, but then realized that for but one-half inch, I could double my battery life. I opted for the extra half-inch (zip it, ladies).

Loved the ZNA, but not with that "high-water pants" look. Then the market took over, and options began popping up like weeds in a southern CT summer.

Happy, I. :vapor:

Still in all, without him first coming up with the design, I'd have no JAC (nor SXM, nor VT75n, nor-nor-nor...).

Thanks, Zen. We owe ya...:thumbs:

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2015
Kent - United Kingdom
The Yihi Sxmini ML class is the closest match to a Radius in terms of build quality and precision of drive power. The ML class is actually the top of vaping.
Yihi cut some minor corners with the Q mini and G class, namely charge-while-vape feature, and insufficient eight bit A/D converters for battery voltage display. Both are not relevant to vape quality which remain uncompromised, but is a deviation from total engineering excellence.
Notwithstanding both cut corners, G class is the top of available 2-cells mod, but the bubbly interface and unchangeable wallpapers are considered by some a deal breaker.
But, if you use SS for TC, Yihi ML and Q are actually better than Provari.
Let me say in the end, that vape world has been unfair to one of its most dedicated pioneers.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada

I need to watch that again.

I have seen the beginning of that movie (until Pyle is no longer) at least 100 times. Whole movie? Maybe twice.

It's criminal that the drill Sergeant (Lee Ermey) didn't win or even get nominated for the supporting actor Academy Award for his performance. He was amazing.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
The Yihi Sxmini ML class is the closest match to a Radius in terms of build quality and precision of drive power. The ML class is actually the top of vaping.
Yihi cut some minor corners with the Q mini and G class, namely charge-while-vape feature, and insufficient eight bit A/D converters for battery voltage display. Both are not relevant to vape quality which remain uncompromised, but is a deviation from total engineering excellence.
Notwithstanding both cut corners, G class is the top of available 2-cells mod, but the bubbly interface and unchangeable wallpapers are considered by some a deal breaker.
But, if you use SS for TC, Yihi ML and Q are actually better than Provari.
Let me say in the end, that vape world has been unfair to one of its most dedicated pioneers.

Bravo.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Just ordered the Jac Series- B. They sent me a 20% off code. Got it for $64 shipped. Can't pass that offer up....lol

20? WOW!!! That's the most I've seen yet (just 5s and 10s to date). How long was it in your cart?

SCORE!!!!!!! :thumbs:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
DP and/or Kat. How long was the wait to get the Jac ?

Hey JJ - it was exactly one week for ours. I ordered them very late on a Thursday evening (EDT), and the package arrived the following Friday.

I'm thinking Tuesday or Wednesday for your arrival. Apparently they will provide tracking if you send them a message. I hadn't done that because I drew from Jim's experience, who had already told me it would be about a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread