• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Second meet - Rochester - Nov 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zen~

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2010
Spencerport, NY
Hi CarrieM... the more the merrier!!! good choice on the Riva kits. be careful what you ask for... Zen~ is the Dr. Frankenstein of modding.. LOL

So THAT is why the angry villagers are following me around with pitchforks and torches... I thought it was my magnetic personality!

CarrieM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2010
Rochester NY
3-4 or anytime after is cool with us. We'll be bringing the 16 year old along for the ride, he and dad like to do hands on stuff together so they'll get a kick out of seeing the mods I am sure.. let me know if I can bring anything along the lines of baked goods, Brownies, cookies, etc... :) Looking forward to meeting some of the local vapers

CarrieM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2010
Rochester NY
We have a 15 yr old who will be 16 in january u might beable to share some tips on how to deal with that!! (I mean for ME not for HIM LOL)

Patience and a sense of humor. I have managed to survive 3 teens so far.. this will be the 4th and they are all still alive.. unfortunately I can't say the same for my brain lol

Will there be either WiFi or a network jack for Internet access? I'll be bringing my laptop so we can geek out too (for those of us that are total geeks, of course ;) ) If not I'll see if I can get my phone set up as a hotspot (Running an LG incite with a cooked WinMobile6.5). Haven't tried that part of it yet.

Zen~

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2010
Spencerport, NY
Will there be either WiFi or a network jack for Internet access? I'll be bringing my laptop so we can geek out too (for those of us that are total geeks, of course ;) ) If not I'll see if I can get my phone set up as a hotspot (Running an LG incite with a cooked WinMobile6.5). Haven't tried that part of it yet.

I think we're going to need that hotspot, there's no Internet at the studio, we use smart phones and ipads for access.

HeatherC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2010
New York
3-4 or anytime after is cool with us. We'll be bringing the 16 year old along for the ride, he and dad like to do hands on stuff together so they'll get a kick out of seeing the mods I am sure.. let me know if I can bring anything along the lines of baked goods, Brownies, cookies, etc... :) Looking forward to meeting some of the local vapers

Then maybe we don't have to search too hard for a place to take ours either! He can come with and the teens can meet too...oh how great saves alot of extra planning.......we're going to be meeting Ricky's sis in lockport at his birth-gandmother's house.......so bringing him along will definitely work out a bit better.

HeatherC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2010
New York
We have a 15 yr old who will be 16 in january u might beable to share some tips on how to deal with that!! (I mean for ME not for HIM LOL)

Patience and a sense of humor. I have managed to survive 3 teens so far.. this will be the 4th and they are all still alive.. unfortunately I can't say the same for my brain lol

That they are still living is certainly a credit to you :) I've had a total of 4 come thru my house at various times....(hubby and I are foster parents as well as having adopted our son.) Honestly I think they make me crazier than the toddlers!! LOL

CarrieM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2010
Rochester NY
Then maybe we don't have to search too hard for a place to take ours either! He can come with and the teens can meet too...oh how great saves alot of extra planning.......we're going to be meeting Ricky's sis in lockport at his birth-gandmother's house.......so bringing him along will definitely work out a bit better.

If they get bored there is a place not to far from Mike's where they can go play video games together. It's well supervised and only about 10 min away. That can keep them busy for hours :)

Last edited:

CarrieM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2010
Rochester NY
That they are still living is certainly a credit to you :) I've had a total of 4 come thru my house at various times....(hubby and I are foster parents as well as having adopted our son.) Honestly I think they make me crazier than the toddlers!! LOL

Threatening to take away cell phones, computers and video games usually keeps them in line pretty well lol

HeatherC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2010
New York
Lockport!!!!! that's WAY too close to my house......yikes!

Oopps I was mistaken......it's Brockport..........which sounds a lot like lockport but it's in a different place LOL....

Yep they will probly have a BALL with that Mike........really looking forward to this meet.

BTW......were we still going to discuss a possible coop for a storefront? Or was that idea just a nogo?

Threatening to take away cell phones, computers and video games usually keeps them in line pretty well lol
For a moment there I thought you were talking about the geeks among us, not the kids. ;)

Yea, I'm up for discussing a coop. My friend and I have been discussing it (he can't make it to the meet due to work having him on-call that day).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread