Not open for further replies.

Flaguy50

Moved On
Jun 21, 2016
recently I started vaping and almost right away I had issues
Burning chest pains
Headaches
Lightheadedness
But of course as soon as I stopped vaping the issues stopped .
I purchased a vaporesso mod kit and a few juices . To start .
Waste of $$ I think
And the above symptoms began several days after starting this vaping thing . I ask where are the vaping experts ? Can anyone tell me what and why this is happening . I did post this topic in another section and was attacked for my neg posts , I'm seeking advise and suggestions from the real vaping experts . I have heard about them but never actually seen them .
If there are any experts here plz advise as to why these issues are happening .
Thanks

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Becuuuzzzz... you seemed to be hell bent on convincing yourself that this wasn't going to work and was a waste of money, rather than trying any of the helpful suggestions offered:

All I can say is , if these products work for you great , I guess their not for me but at least I gave it a try , I guess that chandix stuff isn't for everyone either I suppose this is no different.
Earlier someone suggested the process of elimination, which at $22-$30 a bottle that could get costly ,
Not sure that's an avenue I care to take . But again at least I tried . I can say that you never know till u try .

You need to figure out, by a process of elimination, if you are having an adverse or allergic reaction to an ingredient. To do that you only need three bottles of liquids: Two in the nic strength you are using - one at a very high PG level, one at a very high VG level. One with no nic at all. All three with no flavorings. That could set you back as little as a total of $15.00 if you purchased them on-line.

You didn't want to do that.

Sorry - but this is not as easy as smoking and there are certain circumstances where a bit of effort and figuring things out is required. People tried. If you aren't willing to try as well we can't help much.

Flaguy50

Moved On
Jun 21, 2016
It's very discouraging when u spend a lot of $$ and you get a lot of problems in return , that's discouraging it just is
But Im interested in figuring out the reasons why negative or not . And if I am allergic to something in this stuff in reality as is suggested I'd like to know what , with out being subject to negative attacks , I mean I can always go some place else and research this topic as suggested by another member , but I thought I'd at least give this another try in this section I will try what u said and if it's found that there is an allergy association well then that's it and I'm done here .
Question am I supposed to be mixing this stuff what is the process because I don't know

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
Slooooooow down, a LOT!
Let's start with the very basics first, as I'm not saying anything definitive yet.
1) how much did you used to/still are, smoke? What brand and type, be specific.
2) what are you using for vaping, what mod and atomizer, again, be specific.
3) how often and how much are you vaping?
4) when and how do you notice these symptoms? Be VERY specific here! IE, right after a hard vaping session, ten min after a hard session, etc.

As for what's in the juice it's nicotine, pg, vg and food flavorings, that's it.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Ok so basically as a vaping expert are u saying
Burning chest pain
Headaches &
Lightheadedness
Are all comon with this stuff ?

No one ever said that. If that were true no one would ever be vaping.

An adverse or allergic reaction to a liquid ingredient is not common - but it does happen for some people. The same can be said of an adverse or allergic reaction to anything out of context of vaping as well. Which is what it sounds like is happening to you.

Note : all I ment in that post u copied and pasted was I hate to waste anymore money if the end result is gonna be bad .
Very interesting how ppl take things here . When all you ask for is expert advise .
And you completely ignored the advice again:

You need to figure out, by a process of elimination, if you are having an adverse or allergic reaction to an ingredient. To do that you only need three bottles of liquids: Two in the nic strength you are using - one at a very high PG level, one at a very high VG level. One with no nic at all. All three with no flavorings. That could set you back as little as a total of $15.00 if you purchased them on-line.

Good luck.

Flaguy50

Moved On
Jun 21, 2016
1.pack a day , Marlboro light
2. Vaporesso target 75
( ceramic ) atomizer
3. I attempted to replace normal cig use with it .
I would take a few hits and that's it .
I was never a chain smoker .
4. Ok don't know what a hard session is . Is 5 or 6 puffs considered hard season
Symptoms notice :
Burning chest pains
Headache
Serious lightheadedness
Symptoms would appear rather quickly
Never had any of these type of symptoms before and just had a phyical a few weeks back .
Flavors ; ummm tropical fruit I guess and this other 1 is a kryptonite flavor
And this other 1 is a cereal milky flavor .
Juice 70vg 30pg
3mil nic

Flaguy50

Moved On
Jun 21, 2016
Ok guru so IYO there is a possible allergic reaction going on here .
See as I said before , I'm just trying to figure out weather I should Persue this or not . I mean there's other things on the market I can try .
I'm a realist type person , I'm a show me person if something works fine if it doesn't then it's considered a failure and that's it . I had issues with that nic gum stuff and it was nasty , made me sick to my stomach and nausea all the time while I used it . Well that went in the trash so now I'm looking into this to see where this goes .

Flaguy50

Moved On
Jun 21, 2016
Habit note ... my smoke breaks are short at work during the day I only have time for a few hits and rarely do I ever have the time to finish 1 cig that's why I go through so many cigs a day because I got time for 5-6 hits and that's it throw it away . I might do a hole 1 after lunch if I'm lucky
Can't smoke in the office
That's why I wanted to try this
But it's causing me problems I'm not gonna lie and say it's not when it is

Flaguy50

Moved On
Jun 21, 2016
Yeah and ? I decided to move my topic to this area hoping some experts would see it and offer some knowlegable Insite , plus I was getting many negative results over there ... is moving a topic not allowed on this forum ?
So far so good I got asked a few questions by saw lite and I answered
Geeeezzz why do some of u guys give off such neg vibs to folks wow .
I've read a few neg reviews about this ECF
Forum on Google about it being very bias etc , reviews saying don't dare make neg comments about your vape experience etc , but man i didn't know it was this bad .
Would it be ok if I just get a few POS opinions and if required I will leave the forum , it's not a prob .
Thanks

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
If it's immediate reaction it sounds like a sensitivity issue. Most are sensitive to pg, but that's a burning or swelling sensation in the throat.
What you are describing seems more a nicotine effect, other than you haven't mentioned an upset stomach.
It could be a vg issue, or it may be you are cranking things up high and hitting it faster/harder than your body can process the nicotine.
When I said "hard session" I mean a lot of hard inhales in quick succession, it's like when you hot box a cig, suck it down as fast as you can.
My suggestions are lower your nic for day use, when you are hitting the vape hard quickly, and look at switching your juice mix to a lower pg ratio and see how that goes.
Try vaping at home when you have more time. Take a long hit and wait a while, did that satisfy you or do you need more nic? See if you can find your pace at home when you aren't stressed, then use that technique at work. You absorb nic differently with vaping than you do smoking, you don't get the instant gratification you do from a cig, you have to let the nic soak in if you will. I think this is where you are going wrong and getting nic sick trying to get the head rush.

Reactions: sonicbomb

Flaguy50

Moved On
Jun 21, 2016
Ok so following the advise above last night I acquired 2 bottles of un flavored juice and 1 bottle of nic
1 sample bottle total PG
(Unflavored)
1 sample bottle total VG
(Unflavored)
1 small bottle of nic
Total invested $18.67

Washed the tank out good dried it out
Filled with the PG first .
Unflavored
0mg Nic
Experiment started ,
Took a total of 7 draws on this not long , just kinda normal like a cig I guess . In a 1.5 hr span of time
Result : almost instant burning sensation in the throat after kinda chocked me made me cough , exactly 17 min exact cause I timed it the chest pains set in .
However after an hour or so I didn't get a headache or ligh headed . Couldn't do it anymore because it
Burned a lot .
I drank a lot of koolaid and water the burning went away . Took about 2 hrs .
Next step
Time span 2.5 hrs later
Dumped the tank and washed it out
Felling like a lab rat about right now .
Filled tank with total VG
Unflavored
0mg nic
Repeated process .
7 draws 1.5 hr time frame
Results :
No throat or burning chest pain sensation
However
After about 8 min exact I began to get light headed and after exactly
35 min a mean headache set in .
Real heavy oily taste or sensation I'd describe it in my mouth like I took a mouth full of cooking oil .
At which point I stopped
And couldn't continue .
Never got to the nic part
I felt like total crap by this point , and seriously questioning why am I doing this to myself .
And had to break out the
Excedrine .
Took a shower and brushed my teeth to get rid of the nasty oily taste and went to bed .
Got up this morn , no vape use at all
Had a cup of coffee and yes smoked a cig and I feel fine .

Conclusion: is my body just telling me that this stuff isn't for me Period in any form or mixture ?
Kinda like when I tried the nic gum a few years back and it tore my stomach up felt sick using that gum .

Did I do something incorrect ?

Note : I have no noted allergies to anything other then penicillin to my knowledge.

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
Well you've tried everything I can think of. It's not the nicotine, it's both pg and vg. Btw there should be nothing in the flavorings to effect you, they are food flavorings, same as koolaide and cake flavors.
I don't have an answer for you at this point, I'm sorry, but thank you for taking the time to try my suggestions. Normally through this process we can determine the cause. You seem to be allergic to pg and vg. Pg causes the throat burning, I'm not sure about vg.
Knowing this, in the future you may want to limit the amount of sports drinks you drink in the future, I know Gatorade for sure uses a lot of pg.
I'm sorry I can't give you more resolve than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread