Status
Not open for further replies.

Qew

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2012
Michigan
You do know that PG and VG are both in tobacco cigarettes? It is mysterious how you don't experience a reaction to them from smoking cigarettes. I'm not a doctor or a chemist, as I imagine you aren't either, so I don't have an answer to those questions.

Again, no one is hiding anything by discussing it in a forum! :facepalm:

E-cigs work for millions of people, you have decided they are not an option for you. The end.

Steamix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Vapistan
Vaporesso 75 ceramic ...packing some oomph there ... maybe tootle puffing might be more up your alley.
Less VG/PG per puff, compensate with higher nic in the juice.
The idea is to get off the cigs, but without suffering worse through vaping.
Tootle puffing might keep intake of PG/VG below the threshold where your system takes issue with it.

Reactions: Katmar

Flaguy50

Moved On
Jun 21, 2016
Well u know something , I blame myself for this I took a friends advise in the beginning and jumped right in bought a bunch of stuff that I should never of wasted my $$ on in the first place , without researching this vaping thing out well . My bad
If I had known all this would happen , it's a trial and error thing and you have to dump a lot of $$ into it to finding what works and what doesn't of course I would of thought twice before
Bothering to try , again my bad .
I should of studied and I didn't .
My error .
I do blame myself . No one else just me , I made a mistake

Steamix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Vapistan
Well u know something , I blame myself for this I took a friends advise in the beginning and jumped right in bought a bunch of stuff that I should never of wasted my $$ on in the first place , without researching this vaping thing out well . My bad
If I had known all this would happen , it's a trial and error thing and you have to dump a lot of $$ into it to finding what works and what doesn't of course I would of thought twice before
Bothering to try , again my bad .
I should of studied and I didn't .
My error .
I do blame myself . No one else just me , I made a mistake

Not really. Finding out that something is NOT working is part and parcel of it.

Since you've got the gear and the juice already, 4 or 5 bucks gets you an ego adapter and an iclear16... about 8 watts is plenty for that one. No plumes of vapor, just a few faint wisps. Less might be more.
BT got the 'one fits all' thanks to cough supressants.
Vapers don't have that.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
If you're still interested in figuring out if vaping MAY work for you, I have a few questions.

1. When you were vaping your original flavors, did you actually taste the flavors or did it taste acrid/harsh?
2. If your vaporizer allows you to lower the power settings, did you try it at lower settings?
3. Are you doing direct lung draws, or mouth to lung draws(draw into mouth first, then into lungs)?

Reactions: Katmar

Flaguy50

Moved On
Jun 21, 2016
1. Yes I tasted the flavors
However 2 of the flavors I tried had kinda a soapy to harsh like Lysol taste to it . Kinda like if you spray Lysol I'd say and you get a wiff of it that's what it kinda tasted like .
The VG now unflavored that I tried was like very thick and kinda oily , had a hard draw to it to I guess because it was very thick kinda coated my tounge and mouth with an oily type of an effect
Had to brush my teeth and rinse my mouth out with Listerine to get rid of it the heavy VG is what was making me light headed and gave me a headache . When I tried it .
2. Yes the vaporesso target 75 has multiple settings . From 5.0 up it says
And yes I went up and down with the power several times .
The very high settings were very harsh and made me couch .
3. Tried both , the direct lung draw thing it was harsh and a bit hot like a burning feeling especially in the PG test.
I don't know how to post pics here or I would show u this kit I bought .

Just very disappointed in all this . That's all very disappointed. And discouraged at this point , but since u asked I'm answering.

Reactions: Lessifer

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
1. Yes I tasted the flavors
However 2 of the flavors I tried had kinda a soapy to harsh like Lysol taste to it . Kinda like if you spray Lysol I'd say and you get a wiff of it that's what it kinda tasted like .
The VG now unflavored that I tried was like very thick and kinda oily , had a hard draw to it to I guess because it was very thick kinda coated my tounge and mouth with an oily type of an effect
Had to brush my teeth and rinse my mouth out with Listerine to get rid of it the heavy VG is what was making me light headed and gave me a headache . When I tried it .
2. Yes the vaporesso target 75 has multiple settings . From 5.0 up it says
And yes I went up and down with the power several times .
The very high settings were very harsh and made me couch .
3. Tried both , the direct lung draw thing it was harsh and a bit hot like a burning feeling especially in the PG test.
I don't know how to post pics here or I would show u this kit I bought .

Just very disappointed in all this . That's all very disappointed. And discouraged at this point , but since u asked I'm answering.
From what you've said, you were/are a fairly moderate smoker, so it may be that your kit is just too much for you. I understand the frustration and disappointment. When I started I was reluctant to even shell out $20 on a very cheap starter kit. With all the new, "better" gear out there, people are starting out with high powered stuff. It's also where a lot of people end up, so they'll suggest it to new vapers to save steps. For me though, the journey was important because vapor and vaping is so much different from smoke and smoking. I started with a disposable, then a stick battery and low power tanks, then after months I started exploring higher powered devices after I had gotten used to vaping and had already quit smoking.

We're all different though, and maybe vaping just isn't for you. I do hope you find something that gets you to where you want to be.

Breezy Dawn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2015
Virginia
In my opinion vaping is something to learn,least for me. Not smoking when i want to smoke makes me evil. When i have the strong urge and my vape does work with me im ready to rip someones face off! It WAS for me,trying different things till i found a good fit. I did not have the reactions you are having but still was not easy to get the hang of. Determination keep me going until i found what i liked and worked for me. Recently i bought some higher Pg juice and am having a sore throat. Maybe its the higher Pg or maybe im getting a cold,hard to say. I dont have allergies but i imagine if i had a reaction to something and went to the doc they would have to work on it to find the cause. Vaping can work but its harder for some than others. Sounds like for you its going to be very hard to find what works for you. The important question is how bad do you want to stop smoking? It will be harder for you since you have these issues,you may have to go cold turkey,i couldnt handle that.

Flaguy50

Moved On
Jun 21, 2016
I couldn't quit " cold turkey " if I tried been there done that several times However I have come across something most interesting,
After talking with a different guy at the vape store that was there on sat , I have never spoken to before , I decided to get another opinion , I told him all about my experience and
He told me that he has received several complaints about 1 of the particular
Flavors I was using and he suggested that I attempt to try his suggestion if I wanted to try again ,
His suggestion get away from the fruit flavored stuff because some of the actual flavor additives in the juice can cause issues , ok interesting then he went on to suggest try , more of a milk/cream and or cereal vape flavor
And he allowed me to try some ,
I noticed right off instantly no throat or chest burning sensation.
This juice is 80%VG 20%PG
The vape was very mild and milky tasting , when he noticed I started to cough alittle he highly suggested adjusting and
Raising the power up to 30.0w or above on the target 75 I bought
To produce more of a thicker but milder vape on the throat , and do only mouth to lung .
When I amped up the power the coughing stopped
I spent 30 min at the store , on sat
Trying this test tank , oddly enough
It resulted in no lightheadedness or headache either . And it produced a heavy berry / milk or cream taste which honestly wasn't to bad . I left the store
Completely divided .
I did not make a purchase because the premium Ejuice he gave me to try was
$22 per 30ml bottle .
And although I felt fine the rest of the day after I left ,
this does make for a very interesting development
I haven't sold my kit I bought yet so I'm seriously debating now weather
I should try again with this stuff he suggested ? And
Do I really want to drop another $22
Now I'm debating.

Reactions: Breezy Dawn

Breezy Dawn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2015
Virginia
Glad you found something that agrees with you and i think its safe to say there are other options that will as well. I went through lots of different thing to find what i really took too and without side effects,i just couldnt find what i wanted in flavor, throat hit,ect. I know if i also has a reaction it would have set me back too. The vape shops here have tons of juice that you can try before you buy. I think i would start with what you have tried and was ok to get you going though. Just my though,i am NO expert.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
So it sounds like pg doesn't agree with you, but max vg also doesn't work. I usually get my stuff around 70vg/30pg. Since you have some straight vg now you can try adding some to your higher pg liquids and see if that helps. Some people are more sensitive to certain flavors than others, but that's part of finding out what works for you.

This is just a guess but try 70-80vg and less flavoring and your might do okay.

Flaguy50

Moved On
Jun 21, 2016
Well after thinking about it I have decided to at least venture into reading more into this vaping topic before I invest to much more money in it , at least In the mean time I have cut my cig use in half daily at this time because I was going through a lot of them , when u have to go outside and only get 4-6 drags at a time and then throw it away , u tend to go through a lot of them . However it is a struggle doing that with no replacement. But I am clearly learning from the more I read into this topic vaping is a process to be figured out and
It's def NOT a 1 size fits all kinda thing
I just really don't want to make another mistake is all getting
Those headaches and all that burning stuff sucked .

Reactions: Lessifer

Qew

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2012
Michigan
I had to come back and share something I ran across today. I was looking up info about sweeteners in general and found a list of common symptoms allegedly caused by sucralose sensitivity. I don't remember if you described your e-liquids as sweet tasting, but thought it could be something for you to look into, especially if you don't regularly use artificial sweeteners.

sucralose.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread