Seeking help with realux rx 2/3 weismec

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethan diy

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2017
Hi i have a releaux rx 2/3 by weismec and not only does it not work with the 3 battery configuration it now also doesnt work with the two. It says check battery but the batteries are fully charged. I also am not able to charge it directly only through external charger.. and nevermind the fact the back panel doesnt stay closed (the shop isnt very helpful even even i had warrenty) does anyone have any experience? Does anyone maybe know of some troubleshooting problem i can take care of? Also please does anyone have please a good recomendation for a mod suitable for sub ohm i currently have the cleito 120 tank... thanks and would really appreciate any help i can get.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I can't help troubleshoot this device, but your other question about batteries makes me wonder if they are authentic and capable of powering the mod, did you purchase them from the vape shop? It can be fairly typical of vape shops to sell "branded" batteries that really are other cells that were rejects from more reputable suppliers.

I don't understand why the store you bought it from is not being more helpful... If you are genuinely having problems they should help you sort it out, and either repair or replace. I know it's difficult at times, but I would be informing the shop that if they don't assist you with the device (I'm assuming you were using it correctly and haven't done anything to void the warranty) that you will be having that charge removed from via your bank or credit card's fraud system. Whether you return the device to them is up to you. Is this a brick and mortar or online store? IF B&M and they're few and far between in YOUR location, you may want to be a bit more tactful about it... If they're an online vendor and they won't assist you, it is well within your rights to have them "honor" the warranty whether they so desire or not, by asking for a chargeback after explaining you received a device that is non-working, and the vendor will not assist you in warrantying it.

It's not the most uncommon request ever made to a bank, though I like to hope that more vendors are standing behind the products they are selling. After all, it's not the vendor that will be doing the "funding" of the warranty, it would be the manufacturer.... Unless you purchased it off ebay for example, in which case things may get trickier.... Good luck. I don't know the mod, so I can't really comment as to what may be causing the problems.

Anna

Reactions: Ethan diy

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
Did you post this same thread on another forum? I think I replied to a similar one saying 1 of my 3 rx2/3 does the same thing. I have read that it can be cured by resoldering a particular wire on the board that is prone to break or become disconnected/unsoldered but I have too many mods to worry about fixing my bad one at this point.

as to mod suggestions: smoant battlestar and charon are high on my list to buy some day soon and are highly recommended by most and I have seen very few (none?) complaints about them. Edit: I think the only complaint I have seen about them was possibly a little worse battery life than similar mods (perhaps less efficient board) and possibly something about a higher than normal battery cutoff value. Not an issue for me as I typically recharge all my mod batteries when they get in the 40 - 50% range left.

halbgott

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2012
I had the same issue and it's most likely the cheap red wire on the top portion. It needs soldering. As far as wismec goes, five months of back and forth replies weeks apart and continuous requests for information I already sent. If I was paid for the time I could have bought twenty. They obviously have no pride in their product and it's really disrespectful the way I was treated considering how level headed I was about it. I did discover though that a response can be quicker if you translate it into simplified chinese.

Ethan diy

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2017
Hhh Lol... I guess I'll see about that red wire and I agree about them dishonouring themselves either way I'm getting a good new mod I was suggested by afriend to get the speeder by aspire they are reliable products from a reliable company the guy (a shop in my neighborhood) I bought the mod from gave me a two month warranty with the product during those two months he did not replace the product when it acted up ..but tried to resolve it in different ways and needless to say after the two months he refused to have anything to do with it ..about that credit card deal I would love to do that but unless wisemic gives more than a 2 month warranty then I have no legal backup to go ahead with that I accept this from God as a price to pay for a lesson to be learned i.e consult The Forum before purchasing anything and not to buy anything from that shop again.thanks all!

Reactions: stols001

Bayou14

Feb 22, 2015
Bush, LA
Having the same issue with mine. I've tried adjusting the bottom contact screw, cleaning the contacts, etc. If I pull the cover off 2-3 times the batteries read properly. This happens throughout the day, with no clear sign of any particular scenario. Very frustrating, I loved it before it started doing this. Outside of the cover popping off occasionally, it was a solid device. I just ordered a Smok Alien 220w mod, my friend has had his for over 6 months with no trouble.

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread