Status
Not open for further replies.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Since we are all here.. and many have knowledge.. does fasttech replacement glass work on an authentic Kayfun 4?

I was cleaning, and dropped the glass and it cracked.. last time I tried to use my credit card for a UK transaction, the company said heck no we won't pay for anything in the U.K (because of banking or some such reason) so I don't think I can buy anything in the U.K. with my card...

That leaves me with fasttech, or a U.S. dealer and I cannot find one in the U.S who is offering them.. fasttech seems to accept PayPal, so that makes my life easier.

But will it work?

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
I'm glad you gave this a good effort, but...
:)

You're numbers include every year from the start of the forum.
Which includes many years where there weren't all that many folks here anyway.
Yes, of course. My research showed that in 2007 there were eleven individual posters. But they posted a crap ton.

schismz

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Uhm no, vBulletin is not "unsupported". I run my company's forum (~10,000 users and growing) on vBulletin 4.2, which is still patched and updated with some regularity. Of course most of the new There are other forums even larger than ECF that continue to use it as well. Then there are add-ons for vB that simply aren't available for XF. That said, if I were starting a new forum today, I would probably go with XF rather vB4, although I'd have to give vB5 a good look too.
Hmmmm, go figure! This is about as off-topic as possible to get, but since I don't think there is an actual topic, I'll just go ahead and ramble! We used vBulletin in the 2000s, when looking at something to replace it with/upgrade at the time, which was 2010 or so, the last I paid attention to it they had some kinda epic schism between the principles/devs and the dude who wrote much of the codebase left and founded XF, much happy fun lawsuits, strife, problems, and that's where I stopped paying attention. I guess I assumed vBulletin was dead 'cuz every site I've seen running it has been around since the stone ages, and some of the larger forums I participate in, have all done the same thing as ECF and went through a lot of effort to migrate away from vBulletin.

Either one have a download drugs (I mean nic of course) plugin available yet? :matrix:

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Hmmmm, go figure! This is about as off-topic as possible to get
I don't think it is. I think ECF did lose some traffic when they switched to the new software.

We used vBulletin in the 2000s, when looking at something to replace it with/upgrade at the time, which was 2010 or so, the last I paid attention to it they had some kinda epic schism between the principles/devs and the dude who wrote much of the codebase left and founded XF, much happy fun lawsuits, strife, problems
Correct. I believe the lawsuits got settled in 2013, but the terms are "undisclosed".

I guess I assumed vBulletin was dead 'cuz every site I've seen running it has been around since the stone ages, and some of the larger forums I participate in, have all done the same thing as ECF and went through a lot of effort to migrate away from vBulletin.
Nope, plenty of sites still using it, and some of them are quite large. Here's stats from one I've been a member of since ~2000:

Threads: 6,972,672
Members: 900,839
Active Members 21,012

NU_FTW

Ultra Member
Dec 6, 2016
Since we are all here.. and many have knowledge.. does fasttech replacement glass work on an authentic Kayfun 4?

I was cleaning, and dropped the glass and it cracked.. last time I tried to use my credit card for a UK transaction, the company said heck no we won't pay for anything in the U.K (because of banking or some such reason) so I don't think I can buy anything in the U.K. with my card...

That leaves me with fasttech, or a U.S. dealer and I cannot find one in the U.S who is offering them.. fasttech seems to accept PayPal, so that makes my life easier.

But will it work?
Yes, its been years so who knows if the source is still the same but it works. Odd i never had any problem with my other tanks but my wife and bro-in-law cracked their kayfun tanks often! Never cracked the thicker walled tanks though :p

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
N.N., Virginia

But will it work?

How about Canada? I'm sure they cost more than FT, but you can have it in a few days.

Kayfun V4 - Spare Glass Tank by SvoeMesto at DashVapes.com

oldude 61

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2014
Frankston Tx.

But will it work?
check bedazzletubes.com.

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida

cats5365

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2013
United States

But will it work?
Have you checked Creme de Vape? I use PayPal to pay for things and haven't had problems with my card not working. They are faster than China, but it can take a while due to Royal Mail.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Have you checked Creme de Vape? I use PayPal to pay for things and haven't had problems with my card not working. They are faster than China, but it can take a while due to Royal Mail.

They were who I was worried I might not be able to buy from.. I didn't realize they took PayPal..

Ill buy from them, then.. thanks

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
How about Canada? I'm sure they cost more than FT, but you can have it in a few days.

Because of the FDA regulations many Canadian vape shops have recently stopped shipping to the U.S.. I don't know if it's due to law, or do to Candian concern with not following the FDA and state regs, since every state seems to have their own laws, but both Canada and Australia have, in large part, now stopped shipping to the U.S., from what I've seen from most major vape shops in those countries. Awesome that one shop is still shipping to the U.S... great find!

Last edited:

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Yes, its been years so who knows if the source is still the same but it works. Odd i never had any problem with my other tanks but my wife and bro-in-law cracked their kayfun tanks often! Never cracked the thicker walled tanks though :p

I think it must have hit just right, I only dropped it from my hand to the counter for goodness sake, it never even hit the floor, but it hit the counter and bounced a couple of times, hit the kitchen aid, and when I picked it up and looked at it there was a crack.. SOOO disappointing!

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain

I looked and that particular company does still seem to ship to the U.S.. their prices are high, in comparison to the U.K. shop for that so I went ahead and purchased from the U.K right now on the glass..

However, I do notice they still have the twins extension, ill probably swallow hard and buy that next month. Can't manage it right now, but ill definitely try for next month.

Great link, thanks!

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Forget Canada or UK shops ... So what's wrong with this replacement pyrex glass tank tube for the Kayfun V4?

And it only costs $1.03 USD ... Your not going to find anything like that any cheaper anywhere you look, I promise you.

Kayfun V4 glass tank: $1.03 Replacement Glass Middle Tank Segment for Kayfun V4 - translucent at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

I didn't know if it would fit an authentic Kayfun.. I didn't want there to be any question of fit.. I wait three weeks for something to get here and it doesn't fit right, then I am out all that time.. I did make a purchase of 5 from them though, just to have some extras in the event they did work and fit correctly, but I got authentic as well, from the UK, so that I could be certain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread