Seems like most users are sub-ohmers ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
I'm about in the middle, I mostly tootle puff, but certain times of the day like in the evening after dinner I'll break out the sub-ohm devices. Most of the hardware that's all the craze on the market is geared toward the sub-ohm cloudy crowd, yet by survey's and some studies, more than 60% of vapers world wide use tootle puffing equipment, thus not known about because they don't have to have the spotlight on them all them time, just going around quietly puffing away without making trouble or scene/fuss. JMO.

mountaingal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Tennessee and ports on the East Coast
I am like you, not a sub-ohmer. I mostly do 1.2Ω-1.5Ω coils in a Kanger subtank at 15-18 watts. They give me what I need, lots of vapor and ease of use. I found what I needed. I make my own juice, 20mg/ml. Some would say I should go lower on the nic, but I get edgy when I try to. I started at 24mg/ml and 20 was as low as I could go without wanting a cig. I sometimes do chew some 2mg nic gum when my boss is around, out to dinner or at the movies. ( I get cheap gum from New Zealand. ) If I do two pieces I get nic overload, mostly I hiccup. So, since I get all the nic I need from the e-juice, I am a very happy 5 year vaper. As a life-long smoker, this works for me. I have found my bliss.

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
Remember most users are not on ECF. Although much of what is sold today is official sub-ohm, many (like me) still use it in more of a toodle puffer format. I use some devices that only come with a .5 ohm coil, but use a restricted airflow with low wattage and high PG liquid.

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
Most people drive a 4 door family sedan, minivan, or crossover.

The most active and popular forums, biggest enthusiasts, are the minority that drive niche or performance cars. You're going to find a lot more posts from enthusiasts about their Subaru WRX off roading mud flap wearing cars then you will the soccer mom and her dodge caravan.

It's the same thing with vaping. One isn't better than the other, they both get you where you want to go. It's just that enthusiasts don't just see their car as a means to an end, they see it as a hobby.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I think the term sub ohm vapor is different in premade coils compared to rebuildables and even then doesn't imo, describe a vapor. I know what people mean when they describe a sub ohm vapor, but one can vape sub ohm coils and not be a sub ohm vapor [emoji54] . You see when most people think of a sub ohm vapor, they think direct to lung, hi wattage, big coils, hi vg juice, big clouds, sub tanks , 2 battery mods, low nic and maybe rda's and dual coils and of course low resistance coils. Now with premade coils, because of the airflow and big juice holes and of course lower resistance, it kind of goes hand and hand with the descriptions above, but what about non premade coils, yes rebuildables? I don't consider myself a sub ohm vapor, I vape at 20 watts, mtl, 24mg nic, single coils, small mini 18650 mods in rebuildable rtas, but I build alot of my coils in the .5 to .7 range, so imo the term sub ohm vapor shouldn't describe a type of vapor . Personally I feel the term sub ohm vapor should be replaced with high wattage vapor. If someone is vaping hi wattage, then most likely they are vaping low resistances, direct to lung, and all those things that most are associating with the term sub ohm.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Terry Koontz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2017
I think the term sub ohm vapor is different in premade coils compared to rebuildables and even then doesn't imo, describe a vapor. I know what people mean when they describe a sub ohm vapor, but one can vape sub ohm coils and not be a sub ohm vapor [emoji54] . You see when most people think of a sub ohm vapor, they think direct to lung, hi wattage, big coils, hi vg juice, big clouds, sub tanks , 2 battery mods, low nic and maybe rda's and dual coils and of course low resistance coils. Now with premade coils, because of the airflow and big juice holes and of course lower resistance, it kind of goes hand and hand with the descriptions above, but what about non premade coils, yes rebuildables? I don't consider myself a sub ohm vapor, I vape at 20 watts, mtl, 24mg nic, single coils, small mini 18650 mods in rebuildable rtas, but I build alot of my coils in the .5 to .7 range, so imo the term sub ohm vapor shouldn't describe a type of vapor . Personally I feel the term sub ohm vapor should be replaced with high wattage vapor. If someone is vaping hi wattage, then most likely they are vaping low resistances, direct to lung, and all those things that most are associating with the term sub ohm.

I believe sub ohm means less than 1.0 ohm resistance.

Reactions: Belhade

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I believe sub ohm means less than 1.0 ohm resistance.
Yes technically it does , and that is my point. Today, everyone thinks the term sub ohm is all those other things I described, when it is not in alot of cases. The OP asked about sub ohm vapors and when most hear that, they automatically think of all those things I described

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
Been vaping well over 4 years, building almost that long too, spent many hours reading and soaking in as much knowledge as a old brain can allow and got all the equipment necessary. I have built super low ohm coils and really found no thrill in them, they kill batts faster and gulp juice. The sub ohm craze is geared for vapers who like to spend on coils, juice and out with the buddies to schwing their junk. To me @1ohm and the occasional .8ohm is fine and produces plenty of vape for me but most builds are 1.2-1.4 and have been that way since I gave up the protanks long ago. Its really each to their own and I tootlepuff way more than I do subohm.

BackDoc

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2010
Galts Gulch
Most people drive a 4 door family sedan, minivan, or crossover.

The most active and popular forums, biggest enthusiasts, are the minority that drive niche or performance cars. You're going to find a lot more posts from enthusiasts about their Subaru WRX off roading mud flap wearing cars then you will the soccer mom and her dodge caravan.

It's the same thing with vaping. One isn't better than the other, they both get you where you want to go. It's just that enthusiasts don't just see their car as a means to an end, they see it as a hobby.
well said Dom!

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
Seems to me that I've seen people float around in three main categories; mimicking a smoke, going for flavor, playing with clouds. I do and have done all three but mainly I vape to mimic cigarettes. In fact I got away from mimicking smoking and it caused me to crave cigs badly. So, "tootle puffing" is my first priority because if I can't stay off of cigs then there is no point to vaping for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread