Status
Not open for further replies.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
I went sub for a few months. last few weeks I've been moving back up in resistance. 6 tanks in rotation. 4 @ .65 2 @ 1.55 (with as much coil mass as possible). vape them side by side and except for a slight difference in ramp time they all vape the same.

sketchness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA
Subohm vaper. .5 ohm dual coil rda at 55 watts. 6-8mls of juice a day. Wide open airflow and still decent flavor. It is my happy place. It was what got me off smokes so I don't mess with it.

Tried lots of other stuff but always come back to this setup within a few hours. Rta's just don't get it for me. Haven't built my petri yet, had it 6 or 8 months. Gave my OBS engine to a buddy.

Whatever works for you is the right answer.

BoilerGuy

Unresolved Status
Sep 13, 2016
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
.3 - .35 single spaced SS coil in a Serpent Mini RTA @ 30w/420F, 6mg nic. Great balance of flavor & vapor. It just works for me. In the end we're all vapers, regardless of how we do it. Vape on... :D

I'm another temp control vaper, so coil resistance is even less meaningful. My builds can be 0.2-0.6 ohm but temps around 400-450F depending on tank and build. I tootle when I need to be unobtrusive and stealthy. Both work for me, although I prefer the higher power/airier builds, primarily for the loose draw. I'm no longer a fan of a tight draw. I build for flavor, but admit I get more cloud as the trade off.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
I'd say I'm a tootle puffer. Found what works best for me and stuck with it with no desire to experiment.

Some need that experimenting to keep them interested and off cigarettes.

ECF is a great place that houses all the different types of vapers. That's what is brilliant about vaping. There is no one size that fits all and can be whatever each individual needs or wants.

:)

Terry Koontz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2017
I'd say I'm a tootle puffer. Found what works best for me and stuck with it with no desire to experiment.

Some need that experimenting to keep them interested and off cigarettes.

ECF is a great place that houses all the different types of vapers. That's what is brilliant about vaping. There is no one size that fits all and can be whatever each individual needs or wants.

:)
very good points

Reactions: Foggy Road

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
9 W, 1.1-1.3 ohm, 3 mg, Kayfun 5, 10 ml.
I vape too much. I am a chain vaper. It takes time to go through 10 ml at 9 W. For me sucking time is much more important than cloud size. I can not even imagine how much juice I'd need if I were subohmer. And I am a strong believer that too much juice is not good for health.

Terry Koontz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2017
9 W, 1.1-1.3 ohm, 3 mg, Kayfun 5, 10 ml.
I vape too much. I am a chain vaper. It takes time to go through 10 ml at 9 W. For me sucking time is much more important than cloud size. I can not even imagine how much juice I'd need if I were subohmer. And I am a strong believer that too much juice is not good for health.
yeh, i’m not a cloud guy.
i want taste and flavor.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
yeh, i’m not a cloud guy.
i want taste and flavor.

Educate yourself on how to properly use your gear and you can have both.

There is a reason the most popular tanks advertise that they vape "just like an RDA"
;)

Bob Chill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Sans Nom, USA
Good posts already. I jumped in in 2013 when protanks and evods were all the rage. I watched the birth of low resistance and high airflow. I tried to like it. I really did. But I kept going back to low power because it did what I wanted it to and I very much enjoyed the vape.

For the last 2 years I've been vaping kayfun style tanks all with the same exact 1.2ohm coil. I've moved up and down the resistance range and 1.2ohm does what I need. I also mix juice for 4 other people (none of which are active on forums) and we all vape about the same way with the same gear. It's simple to build and always performs the same.

At the end of the day, the majority of us want the same thing but we get there different ways. There's really no right or wrong way to vape as long as you practice battery safety. I'm not sure I'll ever change at this point. I've been vaping the same 3-4 flavors with the same exact coils for over 2 years and don't feel like I'm missing a thing. Vape life has never been easier. I have enough supplies of EVERYTHING to last a decade or more. I haven't bought anything except batteries in over 12 months. It feels like cruise control.

Terry Koontz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2017
Good posts already. I jumped in in 2013 when protanks and evods were all the rage. I watched the birth of low resistance and high airflow. I tried to like it. I really did. But I kept going back to low power because it did what I wanted it to and I very much enjoyed the vape.

For the last 2 years I've been vaping kayfun style tanks all with the same exact 1.2ohm coil. I've moved up and down the resistance range and 1.2ohm does what I need. I also mix juice for 4 other people (none of which are active on forums) and we all vape about the same way with the same gear. It's simple to build and always performs the same.

At the end of the day, the majority of us want the same thing but we get there different ways. There's really no right or wrong way to vape as long as you practice battery safety. I'm not sure I'll ever change at this point. I've been vaping the same 3-4 flavors with the same exact coils for over 2 years and don't feel like I'm missing a thing. Vape life has never been easier. I have enough supplies of EVERYTHING to last a decade or more. I haven't bought anything except batteries in over 12 months. It feels like cruise control.
good for you.
you are where i’m trying to get.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I guess I'm a totle puffer, i should check out that thread. :) I can use a 1.8 or 0.7 coils in my nautilus 2, but I set them up with airflow so I'm not getting clouds, either way. Both are satisfying vapes and I don't need (or want) severe sub-ohming, unless TC just does it for me (it may). I just don't enjoy huge clouds and do better on higher nicotine. Agreed, these days, coils and tanks are getting so versatile, you can vape them different ways, especially if you build your own coils. For now though, I am thrilled with my Nautilus 2! I'm not a crazy flavor enthusiast, I can even vape pure vg and nic if I need to and my flavor mixes turn out to be on the low side...

Anna

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
I think the term sub ohm vapor is different in premade coils compared to rebuildables and even then doesn't imo, describe a vapor. I know what people mean when they describe a sub ohm vapor, but one can vape sub ohm coils and not be a sub ohm vapor [emoji54] . You see when most people think of a sub ohm vapor, they think direct to lung, hi wattage, big coils, hi vg juice, big clouds, sub tanks , 2 battery mods, low nic and maybe rda's and dual coils and of course low resistance coils. Now with premade coils, because of the airflow and big juice holes and of course lower resistance, it kind of goes hand and hand with the descriptions above, but what about non premade coils, yes rebuildables? I don't consider myself a sub ohm vapor, I vape at 20 watts, mtl, 24mg nic, single coils, small mini 18650 mods in rebuildable rtas, but I build alot of my coils in the .5 to .7 range, so imo the term sub ohm vapor shouldn't describe a type of vapor . Personally I feel the term sub ohm vapor should be replaced with high wattage vapor. If someone is vaping hi wattage, then most likely they are vaping low resistances, direct to lung, and all those things that most are associating with the term sub ohm.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Great post, you seem to be really addressing how the vape world refuses to update the language with the changes in the tech. Sub ohm doesn't really have the same meaning anymore, as it did when referring to drawing power from a single cell, often without regulation.

Now that the gear has evolved, high wattage would be a better term.

And still, we call theme e-cigs, when they are anything but. Any device coming out of a factory does not deserve the title mod ;) PV perhaps, but calling any factory made device a mod is somehow just wrong.

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Great post, you seem to be really addressing how the vape world refuses to update the language with the changes in the tech. Sub ohm doesn't really have the same meaning anymore, as it did when referring to drawing power from a single cell, often without regulation.

Now that the gear has evolved, high wattage would be a better term.

And still, we call theme e-cigs, when they are anything but. Any device coming out of a factory does not deserve the title mod ;) PV perhaps, but calling any factory made device a mod is somehow just wrong.

yeah, well said

Terry Koontz

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 5, 2017
    I guess I'm a totle puffer, i should check out that thread. :) I can use a 1.8 or 0.7 coils in my nautilus 2, but I set them up with airflow so I'm not getting clouds, either way. Both are satisfying vapes and I don't need (or want) severe sub-ohming, unless TC just does it for me (it may). I just don't enjoy huge clouds and do better on higher nicotine. Agreed, these days, coils and tanks are getting so versatile, you can vape them different ways, especially if you build your own coils. For now though, I am thrilled with my Nautilus 2! I'm not a crazy flavor enthusiast, I can even vape pure vg and nic if I need to and my flavor mixes turn out to be on the low side...

Anna
    wow, pure vg and nic !
    never tried that.

coolerat

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 20, 2015
    Verona,NY
    wow, pure vg and nic !
    never tried that.

I used to be in a low odor situation. Cloud didn't matter which is what jammed some people up. Its smell. And most juice has a smell. It maybe a very pleasant smell or a disgusting smell. For example my wife's juice has a smell that bothers me.

Anyhoo just some VG/PG and nic (with a wisp of menthol) was my odor free choice. It has no smell.

This plain juice has that god aweful cigarette taste. I mean it brings you right back to that licking an ashtray taste of smoking.

I fought and won that battle against the weakness that made me "need" that odor free juice.

I love my flavor I'm not gonna lie but at the end of the day I'm in it for the nicotine. I'm as hooked on it after several years of vaping. Withhigh power vaping I can get my nic fast and be good for hours. With low power/ high nic vaping I needed to vape constantly.

In my defense of nicotine addiction I have noticed over the years that people who vape to quit smoking and still vape stay off cigs. People who vape for a couple years then quit always go back to smoking sooner or later. Everytime I see somebody ho vape for a couple years quit everything show up at work with a cigarette in hand I clutch my mod tighter then ever and take a big old whack

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread