Status
Not open for further replies.

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
These are my personal first thoughts (subject to change lol). I've only used it for half a day, things like battery life and general everyday use, I'll post later.

First thing I noticed was how nice this mod looks and feels in the hand, after using the SnowWolf for sometime now, this does feel a lot more comfortable to hold. The finish on the metal is great and I actually like the shape of it, I see no reason to use the silicone case and it seems to wipe clean easy, it's also smaller than I thought it would be from the pictures I've seen. The battery door isn't quite as solid as the SnowWolf or the IPV3 Li, it's not going to fall off and there is no door rattle but a little pressure and the door will slide open, I only really noticed it because I'm coming from the SW with has super strong magnets, for most, its absolutely fine. I like the copper connectors on the battery points and on the 510 spring loaded connection, nice touch there. The buttons are really nice on this, no button rattle and they have a click to them when pressed, a lot better quality than lets say my Segelei 100 plus, ahhh, this is where that "sigh" come in. If only they had just moved all the buttons and display down a bit, the fire button is slightly to high, its not uncomfortable but I noticed it.

Wattage Mode..

This may sound daft but it was so nice to see the battery percentage and the volts on the display, something that I missed on the SnowWolf, Ok the SW shows the volts when you fire it but I always thought that was a little pointless, either way, its nice to have them back.
The biggest thing for me when using this is the instant hit you get when firing it, as many know, the SnowWolf had a weird delay where the power would be halved when you fired it after the device had been stood awhile,(I hear that is fixed in the later models) it's refreshing to pick this up and it fires at its set wattage. It hits like a train.

Temp Mod

This will be a little vague because it's not something I really use that much yet but the Segelei goes up to 100 joules, I think this is equal to watts, so 100 watts in temp mode.. You get the usual settings, changing temperature, setting it to fahrenheit or celsius but there are no presets, although going back to wattage mode it does remember your last settings.. It all pretty much works the same as the IPV3 Li as they share the same chip which makes me wonder why the Segelei has on Titanium support but the ipv does.. It's not as if Segelei can add it either with a future update as there is no USB port either, so no updates or upgrades for this.

Cons..for some maybe..

I would of liked the battery door magnets to be a little stronger, it's mostly me being picky.
No Titanium support
No USB port
Button placement, it's a little too high
Menu - This annoys me, having to go through the menu to turn it off or it's easy to press the wrong button and have to go through it again, it's all a little muddled and I'm not sure why Segelei didn't just use their own board.
It's not as stable when the tanks are on it, especially the TFV4, probably do to been thinner than the SW and the shape of it.
Really struggling now but I wish the 510 base didn't have the cut out slots for bottom afc, who using those now and I would of liked it flat.

Would I recommend this, oh yes, I would take this over the SnowWolf any day, it doesn't look quite as pretty but it feels better in the hand and its not a fingerprint magnet, I can also put this on the dash of my car without it sliding about (unless the wife is driving).
It fires at the wattage setting every time (my SW doesn't) and no more automatic lock !! I can't tell you how many times I have picked up the SnowWolf and gone to vape, only to find the dam thing is locked and I have to go through the 5 clicks again, when watching a movie, that annoyed me a lot, if I want my device locked, I will lock it myself !, all in all, it does what it is meant to do and it is another fine quality box mod from Segelei..

I will post after a few more days of using it..

Sigelei 150W Temperature Control Box Mod Features:

• Dimensions: 103*57*25 (mm)
  • Weight: 190g - 60g lighter than the SnowWolf
  • Temperature range: 100°C - 300°C and 212°F - 572°F
  • Output wattage: 10W – 150W
  • Output voltage: 1.0V – 7.5V
  • Atomizer resistance: 0.1ohm – 3.0ohm
  • Battery voltage: 6.4V – 8.4V
  • Joule Range: 10J - 100J
  • Maximum current: 35A
  • Battery life readout in real time
  • Made out of aluminum alloy
  • Dual 18650 Battery
  • 510 spring loaded connection
  • No charging port
  • Magnetic battery door
  • Low voltage protection
  • Low resistance protection
  • Input high voltage warning
  • Output short-circuit protection
  • Reverse battery protection
  • Overheating prevention

Oh and just going back to the looks, they are releasing a red version too..

alrl6r.jpg

Time for some pics :)

t70ihf.jpg
126e2q8.jpg

315h2t4.jpg
4gg740.jpg

1zm2ply.jpg
6p2blw.jpg

2m68izs.jpg

Rixsta

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
What about that seam all along the top, looks like juice could seep through there fairly easily?
Very good point and one I overlooked, if your tank leaks then yes, its going to get into that seam and run down in the channels right to the bottom. I can imagine that would be a pain to clean.

Rixsta

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Nice review. Only reason I did not get the Sigelei 150 TC was because I was not digging the "batman" looking style of the body.
Its one of those mods that looks way better in person than in a picture but yeah, it's going to divide the crowd on the design looks.

Reactions: sd3614

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
The only reason I ordered the Li is because I have several Sig 150's and I would just want to sell them off if I got the new one and I don't want to. I love them and the menu system is simple. I think someone called it the Honda Civic of vaping mods. So true.

I am going to push that Quad coil above 150 as soon as the Li gets here. Let the games begin. :)

I almost got the new SE Wolf.. it is so sexy.

Rixsta

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Nice review. Battery door kinda reminds me of a review i saw on a VaporShark DNA device where it can slide off with your fingers when setting it down and such. I love my SW but yes the delay does get to me sometimes I admit.. Decisions Decisions...
Its surprising how these little things affect your everyday, two major things that have made such a difference, well sort of three.

Instant power,
No auto lock
and these are some of the nicest buttons I have used on a mod..

I have found I prefer to use the fire button with my thumb, kind of vape the mod the other way around, much better for me like that.

APF

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Qualicum Beach BC
Its one of those mods that looks way better in person than in a picture but yeah, it's going to divide the crowd on the design looks.

Thanks for the review. That one is definitely on my radar and as long as it hits as hard and fast as my other Sigelei mods, it has my vote.

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
Yep, I got sucked in when a shop had the Sig 150 for 65 bucks and I semi "stocked up". I knew the TC was coming but figured it would be $149 ish.

The word on Reddit was because the IPV4 flopped (modestly) out of the gate the IPV3 li did not sell well with distributors so it immediately took a pricing nose dive that in turn drove down the price of the Sig 150TC. Once this Domino was knocked over they dropped pants on old Sig 150 to make new one a 99 piece.

It's cool though because it introduced me to Sigelei. They make fine products and even though my 75 only last a minute at 75 watts it is making me appreciate some tanks at 50-55 watts forcing me to slow down.

Unless some other Sig is rapidly on the Horizon I will probably end of with one of these 150TC sooner or later because I know me and I am a terrible toy chaser.

Last edited:
Reactions: MikeyConti

Rixsta

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
There is another thing I forgot to mention, I really like how pressing the up and down buttons together you can set your resistance and it stays constant, I had a few weird occasions where my older mods (eleaf , cough, cough) would jump up in ohms and dry hit my coil. Nice to look at the display and the coil always reads 0.15ohm.

RandyF

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Arizona
Very good point and one I overlooked, if your tank leaks then yes, its going to get into that seam and run down in the channels right to the bottom. I can imagine that would be a pain to clean.
I was more curious if that seam would allow juice to get inside the mod. From the pictures it looks like any juice in those seams would leak straight into the internals.

proxy.php.jpg

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina
Thats why I hate using RDA's on my box mods.. I cant stand when e-liquid leaks onto the body much less then in the actual mod!!
My friend uses an IPV4 with an RDA at work a lot and he opened the battery door and the batteries wore soaked with e-liquid!

Hopefully the Sig 150TC is more protected! (Although the battery doors look very similar to the IPV4)

BTW I know ANY tank can leak and be worse than an RDA, but im paranoid so I never leave a tank on my Expensive mods unless im using it, and i always check for leaks..

Last edited:
Reactions: Rixsta

Rixsta

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
I was more curious if that seam would allow juice to get inside the mod. From the pictures it looks like any juice in those seams would leak straight into the internals.

View attachment 480715
No that's completely sealed, it's just the camera playing tricks. I'll take a picture to show you

Not easy to show but the it's just a groove that runs around it, it's just the design but as I said, It's completely sealed. Yes it would be a pain to clean if juice got in their but there is no way of going into the internals. That picture makes it look terrible doesn't it...

11w8sgh.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread