Segelei 150w TC....First Impressions, SnowWolf Comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
United States
I have had my Sig 150 TC for almost 2 weeks now and love it. Had a chance to see a sample at a local B&M and in person the look and feel won me over compared to the ipv 3 LI and 4s. The feel of it is great, feels a little like a rubberized coating, very comfortable. Had myself convinced to get the ipv 3 Li until I had a chance to see and play around with the sig 150 TC in person, it won me over quickly. The IPV 3 Li is still a great mod, but the feel in the hand and the battery door that takes some effort lost out to the sig when I had a chance to play around with both.

Now that you mentioned it the battery door will move when I pull my thumb back, better magnets would have been nice. Until you mentioned it though in normal use the battery door has never been something I noticed unless I purposely try to move it.

Battery life has been great, getting a full day which was my goal.

It is pretty easy to keep clean and have had my Marquis rda leak on it a few times but a paper towel cleans it up rather quick.

Really solid mod and the pics don't do it justice, you have to see and feel this mod in person to really appreciate it.

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina
lol, you must have good taste then or what was once an escape from smoking is now a crazy obsessive hobby haha. I didn't know the display wouldn't switch, never even entered my head, that's a shame though, even the Isticks have this feature right..
I have heard a lot of people vape lower than 0.1ohms without problems, I will look into this, what is the minimum resistance for the IPV3 Li as they share the same chip?

Looking at the specs it is odd, usually theres a different resistance for TC mode and VW mode.
Heres the specs for the Sigelei 150W TC

Features and Specs: Sigelei 150W TC

• Dimensions: 4"L x 2-1/4"W x 1"D
  • Battery life readout in real time
  • Aluminum alloy box
  • Variable wattage range 10W-150W
  • Output voltage range 1V-7.5V
  • Reads resistance down to 0.1Ω
  • Reads resistance up to 3.0Ω
  • Battery voltage range 6.4V-8.4V
  • Takes two 18650 batteries (not included)
  • Maximum current is 35 amps
  • No charging port
  • Temperature range: 212-572 degrees Fahrenheit
  • Spring loaded 510 connection
  • Magnetic battery compartment door
  • Reverse battery protection
  • Low voltage protection
  • Input high voltage warning
  • Chip runs cool to avoid overheating
  • Wattage adjustable
  • Temperature control functionality
And IPV3-LI V2 with the SX330-V3SL chip
Features and Specs: IPV3-LI V2 with the SX330-V3SL chip

• Dimensions: 4-1/8"L x 2-1/2"W x 7/8"
  • 510 Threaded
  • Wattage: 7w - 165w
  • Atomizer Resistance: 0.10ohm - 3.0ohm
  • Improved Firing Button
  • Aluminum Body
  • Yihi temperature control chipset
  • Redesigned internals
  • Takes two 18650 batteries in series (not included)
  • Yihi SX330-V3Si Upgradeable chip
  • 165 watts upgradeable to 200 watts with a later firmware update
  • Touch sensor functionality has returned
  • No direct charging capability

mjag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
United States
Phew.......My sig 150 TC just took it's first big fall. 3 feet off my kitchen counter, I am still a little shaky......lol

The tip flew off my Arctic, the battery door came off and the 2 batteries fell out. Really the first thing I though is the glass on the arctic probably broke, it made a loud noise when it hit the floor so I figured something broke. Aside from some juice that came out of the arctic's air holes you would not know it took a fall. I cleaned up the juice from the mod with a paper towel and have looked it over 4 times already and not a scratch, wow do I feel lucky. I didn't have the rubber cover on, only use that when I take it on the road.

I just looked at it again under better lights and nothing but a little rattled nerves. It passed the drop test but I am not purposefully going to try it again, the crash it made nearly had me piss myself, I did fall to the floor and yell "My Precious" ;)

TorontoOntario

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2014
Canada
They Li and Sig TC have diffrent chips. The Sig seems much, much less efficent in terms of battery life then all the other dual 18650 regulated boxes I own or have owned. I return mine to see if I got a bum unit. If it consumes the same ammount of power I really gotta list that as a con. Im sure I just got a bum unit. Excited to get it back.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
FWIW, I use the Sig 150TC at the same settings that I use the Sig 75TC and the battery life is about double, because of the second battery. At a power setting of 40 joules, the battery cuts off right around 3.3 volts, which is the same cut off on my Sig 75TC. By comparison the Snow Wolf 200 cuts off around 3.2 volts as well as the SX Mini. The Sig 75TC and the Snow Wolf has an advantage in that with TC, I like to vary my vape by modifying the temperature, so I set the wattage/power and then leave the adjustment buttons in temp mode. With the SX Mini and the Sig 150TC, you have to access the menu system in order to modify the temp, which requires several additional steps. The rDNA40 is the same way in that you need to lock the mod, then hold the up and down buttons in order to set the temperature.

Reactions: MikeyConti

mjag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
United States
So far I am getting a full day running between 22 and 35 watts depending on the tank or rda. I am using LG HE4 batteries and last night I wasn't paying attention and ran them down to 2% which I always try and avoid. Threw them on the XTAR VC4 and was able to verify the mah at over 2500 for each battery after the charging was done. At 61% right now with an Arctic .5 ohm coil running at 30 watts, it is 7PM right now so it will last me until 12 am tonight before going to sleep.

It could just be the batteries? I also have MXJO, Samsung 25R, Thor and a Sony VTC4 but the LG HE4's have measured the highest mah of them all according to the XTAR.

On a side not the XTAR VC4 is great, I was able to save a AW 18490 battery that would not take a charge. I had read that the VC4 can revive a bad battery and was very pleased when it did just that.

Reactions: MikeyConti

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina
I wish I would have waited for this to come out before buying the SW, but I still like the SW and have a feeling if I sell it I might regret it lol But the SW still works great and if I want to use my Crown or any other future tank with SS coils I will just throw it on my Regular Sig 150W.. and Leave my SW for Temp, and Kanthal setups that work just fine on it. I need to focus on my getting my DIY juice for now and a little Mod for out and about.. But for now, having the SW & Sig 150W, that should be enough for high wattage use!(Because of budget and all)

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
I wish I would have waited for this to come out before buying the SW, but I still like the SW and have a feeling if I sell it I might regret it lol But the SW still works great and if I want to use my Crown or any other future tank with SS coils I will just throw it on my Regular Sig 150W.. and Leave my SW for Temp, and Kanthal setups that work just fine on it. I need to focus on my getting my DIY juice for now and a little Mod for out and about.. But for now, having the SW & Sig 150W, that should be enough for high wattage use!(Because of budget and all)
SnowWolf is fine as long as you don't hold the Segelei, the Segelei is so comfortable I just can't go back to the SW now..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread