seizures ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

tipsynoodle

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2011
Kempner, Texas
I had a seizure a few days ago.......my very first one...scary as hell....not sure if it came from the helidac therapy (flagyl - antibiotic) i have been taking for a stomach virus or could it have been a side effect from vaping or withdrawal from cigarettes? or a combo? haven't been vaping long and confused now, no one seems to know....has vaping helped any of you who have seizures ????:(
Thanks

Shannon65

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2011
Tampa, FL
A side effect of nicotine overdose is seizures. If you find that you are vaping frequently then you should lower the level of nicotine you are using. Also, a high fever can cause seizures and if the virus comes along with fever that could also cause the seizure. Just to be safe you should consider having some zero nicotine juice or cartridges to use during the times you are vaping when you aren't really craving nicotine and use the ones with nicotine or when you really need it.

Shannon65

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2011
Tampa, FL
I'm sure you already went to the hospital or called your doctor when you had the seizure. That's what I did when my little girl had one when she was 8. Seizures can be caused by a lot of different things...and if you haven't told your doctor about it yet then you need to do so. You can't just call a neurologist and make an appointment unless you pay for your own medical care out of pocket. You typically need a referral from your primary care physician. One of the first things they will do is order a CT scan, perhaps an MRI and do a sleep deprived EEG to make sure there are no problems with your brain and to look for seizure activity in your brainwaves (during the EEG). You will likely be given medication to carry with you to be given by someone else to stop a seizure should you have another one. If all of the tests show nothing and you go 6 months without having another seizure you likely never will have another one. Sometimes people have them for no reason. That was what happened with my now 11 year old 3 years ago.

Basically, the doctors go through a process of elimination to figure out what caused a seizure because you can have one as a complete fluke and never have one again. That is usually the case but you always need to be sure. Is it possible it could be related to vaping and too much nicotine? Sure, just like it could be related to the virus, the medication, the summer heat, nicotine withdrawl or even for no reason at all that you'll ever know. The only sure thing is that you need to discuss it with your doctor so they can make sure it's nothing serious. Also...getting blood work done quickly after having a seizure can show things in your blood, so anytime you have a freak seizure you want to get seen immediately because if you don't it's not uncommon for providers to question whether or not you actually had a seizure and that blood work will show if you did.

tipsynoodle

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2011
Kempner, Texas
just to clarify........i wasn't trying to get medical advise.........while having the seizure, my husband called the ambulance and i was in the hospital for 2 days ...got ct scan, mri ,and eeg done and was put on topomax for the seizure.....yes flagyl causes seizures but even the neurologist wasn't for sure that did it...I was just trying to figure out if anyone else has had seizures while also vaping or if it had helped them to not have seizures ? don't get me wrong I love vaping and i am not trying to give it up lol just a lil scared and confused is all....Thank you all for your replies....ohhhh
i vape very little.....i use ego t type b and go through 1 tank a day with anywhere from 12 to 18mg of nic depending which juice im using........used to be a 1 pack a day smoker......

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread