Status
Not open for further replies.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Imagine if the village volunteered their time to something useful, instead of fighting phantoms? If everyone who participated in letter writing campaigns on behalf of tobacco Free Kids, etc. instead volunteered at a Boys and Girls club, maybe we'd have that future generation everyone keeps pining after.
Now that I can get on board with!

There are so many worthwhile charitable efforts it's hard to pick your favorites.

Meals on Wheels is one of my favorites.
And anything that helps dogs.
:)

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Now that I can get on board with!

There are so many worthwhile charitable efforts it's hard to pick your favorites.

Meals on Wheels is one of my favorites.
And anything that helps dogs.
:)
Yeah, I just picked the B&G club since everyone seems so concerned with the children. Of course, that kind of volunteer work usually involved actually interacting with those children.

Ipster

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2012
Hawaii, SAR,HongKong (Stanley)
Yeah, I just picked the B&G club since everyone seems so concerned with the children. Of course, that kind of volunteer work usually involved actually interacting with those children.
sadly there's more causes than we can choose from, but I've personally become very picky in vetting them first with
charity watchdogs. As a survivor, I'm all for pushing research in medicine, yet not one pence will ever go to international heart, cancer, associations for their low % to use. all I can add :2c: is follow your heart, and vet the cause first.
pif has to be the most rewarding act of love we small mortals can endeavor.
Cheers
:toast:

Downgraded286

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2015
Ohio
Really? And what is "the village" going to do with their spare time?
I can only imagine the various shenanigans they'll get up to.
:laugh:
Maybe they could support themselves by actually working at an actual job like the rest of the adult population, instead of riding on 'the village' gravy train whilst snatching up everything they deem 'bad' from everybody.

Maybe then they could learn some humility and be responsible for the choices they make in their own lives and let everybody else make their own.

Maybe it's too much to ask of the human race as a whole to just live and let live?

A bit off topic, but for those of you who seem to be on the lookout for worthwhile humanitarian efforts... there exists this computing project called World Community Grid. You install the software on your computer and it uses its otherwise idle resources to run projects related to everything from cancer and AIDS to producing clean water and energy.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Maybe they could support themselves by actually working at an actual job like the rest of the adult population, instead of riding on 'the village' gravy train whilst snatching up everything they deem 'bad' from everybody.

Maybe then they could learn some humility and be responsible for the choices they make in their own lives and let everybody else make their own.

Maybe it's too much to ask of the human race as a whole to just live and let live?

A bit off topic, but for those of you who seem to be on the lookout for worthwhile humanitarian efforts... there exists this computing project called World Community Grid. You install the software on your computer and it uses its otherwise idle resources to run projects related to everything from cancer and AIDS to producing clean water and energy.

We actually have a similar thing going for Team ECF: Help fight cancer with F@H! join team ECF today!!!!!!

bigdancehawk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Kansas City, Missouri
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Forum rules.

bigdancehawk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Kansas City, Missouri
Imagine if the village volunteered their time to something useful, instead of fighting phantoms? If everyone who participated in letter writing campaigns on behalf of tobacco Free Kids, etc. instead volunteered at a Boys and Girls club, maybe we'd have that future generation everyone keeps pining after.
I wouldn't trust those liars with my kids.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kent C

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
I apologize if this has been asked, and answered...
We're staring at the FDA deeming regs kicking in, in 9 days. Has the FDA responded to Sen. Johnson's last request? Has he files any kind of injunction to stop the regs from taking effect?

Sen Johnson doesn't have the power to issue an injunction. All his committee can do is haul the FDA before the committee and make them squirm. When it comes down to brass tacks, he has no enforcement authority at all. That's up to Congress as a whole.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Sen Johnson doesn't have the power to issue an injunction. All his committee can do is haul the FDA before the committee and make them squirm. When it comes down to brass tacks, he has no enforcement authority at all. That's up to Congress as a whole.
.... and of course the courts.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
So, at this point, there's nothing further he can do?

One of the Biggest thing that this Oversight Committee can do is Obtain Information from the FDA and then Enter that Information into the Public Record.

This Information can then be used an Interested Party in a Lawsuit against the FDA. Or to support a Congressional of HHS Action.

Of course, the FDA knows this. And that is why they are going to Drag their Feet for as Long as Possible.

And when they do Answer a Direct Question, it is going to be a Vague and as Convoluted as possible. So as Not to have Actual said Anything that could be Used Against them.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
And when they do Answer a Direct Question, it is going to be a Vague and as Convoluted as possible. So as Not to have Actual said Anything that could be Used Against them.
Without a doubt.

And as I've said before, I'd pay to watch this as a Pay-Per-View event.
I'd like nothing better at this point than to see some of those monsters squirm.

I don't fish because I don't like the idea of putting a fish through that experience.
I don't kill spiders, and instead catch them and take them outside.

I have often thought that I would never torture anyone, no matter how heinous they are.

But seeing them squirm seems like a pretty decent compromise to me.
I'm all for that, no question about it.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Without a doubt.

And as I've said before, I'd pay to watch this as a Pay-Per-View event.
I'd like nothing better at this point than to see some of those monsters squirm.

I don't fish because I don't like the idea of putting a fish through that experience.
I don't kill spiders, and instead catch them and take them outside.

I have often thought that I would never torture anyone, no matter how heinous they are.

But seeing them squirm seems like a pretty decent compromise to me.
I'm all for that, no question about it.

I'm Not an advocate of More Government in this country. But Government Oversight is one Area where I do think we Need an Increase.

That and Transparency.

Why was the Public Not Allowed to know any of the Details leading up to Deeming? And why is the Information the FDA used to justify Deeming so Hard to Access?

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
That and Transparency.
I totally agree with the need for oversight. My only peeve is this so called transparency. IMHO it's just another word that now means so much it has lost any objective meaning. It is now just a buzz word like synergy used to justify anything anyone want's for any reason.

Whenever I hear the word transparency I automatically think here is another one making unrealistic,unsubstantiated or just plain false claims in a sanctimonious tirade of self aggrandizement.

I know sometimes people have legitimate claims. That's not the problem. One also must have legitimate expectations as to the outcome of the complaint. There is no expectation for the whole world to stop on a dime and devote 100% effort on each and every complain big,small and,in between. At the very least one should wait until the jury has made it's verdict before collecting the wood for the fire.
:2c:
Just a pet peeve regards,
Mike

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I totally agree with the need for oversight. My only peeve is this so called transparency. IMHO it's just another word that now means so much it has lost any objective meaning. It is now just a buzz word like synergy used to justify anything anyone want's for any reason.

Whenever I hear the word transparency I automatically think here is another one making unrealistic,unsubstantiated or just plain false claims in a sanctimonious tirade of self aggrandizement.

I know sometimes people have legitimate claims. That's not the problem. One also must have legitimate expectations as to the outcome of the complaint. There is no expectation for the whole world to stop on a dime and devote 100% effort on each and every complain big,small and,in between. At the very least one should wait until the jury has made it's verdict before collecting the wood for the fire.
:2c:
Just a pet peeve regards,
Mike

Not talk'n about So-Called Transparency Mike. Talking about Real Transparency.

And we can Start with the FDA. Why should the Public Not Be Able to See the Information/Data that was used to write the Deeming Rule Set?

Post it to Web. And lets ALL sit around and See for a Change EXACTLY how our Government Works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread