Status
Not open for further replies.

seminolewind

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2009
Corydon Indiana
Any tax on vaping that's more than trivial is problematic. To be tax revenue neutral, if I'm a typical former smoker, the bottle of nic I buy for $50 would have to cost $6,000 because that bottle lasts me 4 years and $6,000 is what I would have paid in cigarette taxes if I kept smoking. If that bottle would last you 10 years and you smoked like I did it would have to cost $15,000 to preserve tax revenue. That is impractical and governments know it. If governments endorse and encourage vaping they are killing their tobacco tax revenues and that's going to change a lot of things where ever it happens.

It will never reach the tax revenue that tobacco does.

Reactions: DPLongo22

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL

LouisLeBeau

Shenaniganery Jedi! Too naughty for Sin Bin
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
The single most Single Issue of importance relevant to this thread is happening right now. It seems that Pres. Elect Trump is considering his man for the FDA. He hasn't asked to review Dr. Robert Califf's resume, so I hope the Dr. is packing his desk light.

The two that the media thinks are most likely are Libertarian Jim O'Neill, and Dr. Scott Gottlieb.

Notice that the current head is a Dr., and Gottlieb is as well. The job doesn't REQUIRE one be a Dr., and of course there is the whole question of Dr. of What? Hell, an M.D. and a D.O. approach the pharmaceutical side of patient often differently. Of course, as well as doctors within their disciple and expertise.

It DOES kind of make sense that he should have some understanding of the sciences pertinent to food and drugs. So that makes O'Neill a little shaky. Oh, and the Medical Community is devastated at the thought.He is considered a radical, which to many of us, may not sound too bad.

If VAPING is the most important thing in your life though, this is probably your guy. He has made comments in the past about greatly changing the scope of the agency, the protocol to be used for approval, lots of things. So what is he an expert OF? Well, he is a managing director of a venture capital firm owned by Billionaire Peter Thiel, a big supporter, and sponsor, of Donald.

The other choice, Gottlieb, has deep deep ties to Big Pharma, most notably Glaxo Kline Smith. Makers of Nicoderm.
Anyone from a conspiracy theorist to a normal citizen who is concerned about vaping, might be concerned about Gottlieb. Or maybe not.

Maybe the President Elect is lining a cabinet full of experts who are sick of their industries malarkey, and know exactly what to do about it. Maybe he is going to the mattresses, with a squad of insiders who wish to make a big difference, and clean out the waste, fraud, and corruption.

I wish they would SAY that. Maybe they can't. So far the record for people with industry connections, helping their industry, stands at roughy all of them. Darn it, I AM a dreamer. Give me that for a month anyway.

In what I hope is completely unrelated news, Pres Elect trump was seen leaving a meeting with Kanye West. :)

Last edited:

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
The single most Single Issue of importance relevant to this thread is happening right now. It seems that Pres. Elect Trump is considering his man for the FDA. He hasn't asked to review Dr. Robert Califf's resume, so I hope the Dr. is packing his desk light.

The two that the media thinks are most likely are Libertarian Jim O'Neill, and Dr. Scott Gottlieb.

Notice that the current head is a Dr., and Gottlieb is as well. The job doesn't REQUIRE one be a Dr., and of course there is the whole question of Dr. of What? Hell, an M.D. and a D.O. approach the pharmaceutical side of patient often differently. Of course, as well as doctors within their disciple and expertise.

It DOES kind of make sense that he should have some understanding of the sciences pertinent to food and drugs. So that makes O'Neill a little shaky. Oh, and the Medical Community is devastated at the thought.He is considered a radical, which to many of us, may not sound too bad.

If VAPING is the most important thing in your life though, this is probably your guy. He has made comments in the past about greatly changing the scope of the agency, the protocol to be used for approval, lots of things. So what is he an expert OF? Well, he is a managing director of a venture capital firm owned by Billionaire Peter Thiel, a big supporter, and sponsor, of Donald.

The other choice, Gottlieb, has deep deep ties to Big Pharma, most notably Glaxo Kline Smith. Makers of Nicoderm.
Anyone from a conspiracy theorist to a normal citizen who is concerned about vaping, might be concerned about Gottlieb. Or maybe not.

Maybe the President Elect is lining a cabinet full of experts who are sick of their industries malarkey, and know exactly what to do about it. Maybe he is going to the mattresses, with a squad of insiders who wish to make a big difference, and clean out the waste, fraud, and corruption.

I wish they would SAY that. Maybe they can't. So far the record for people with industry connections, helping their industry, stands at roughy all of them. Darn it, I AM a dreamer. Give me that for a month anyway.

In what I hope is completely unrelated news, Pres Elect trump was seen leaving a meeting with Kanye West. :)

Honestly, I respectfully truly dearly hope so…but my inner instincts…

:lol::lol::lol::banana::banana::banana::lol::lol::lol:

I find it difficult to assimilate how an A-team of industry insiders themselves the source of much of our misery may do much more than to wrap this overly ripe banana in a more palatable wrapper. Just how far can we take the enemy of our enemy before we are all swallowed by the quicksand? The enemy is the author of confusion.

What we need is clarity. Extract vaping from tobacco legislation. A return to law not administrative process. Rule makers and rule revisers we've had a stomach full of and its time to disgorge. Promises mean nothing and the appearance of action and success are just so much P T Barnum. We need conviction (or perhaps the plural).

Good luck all and Happy Holidays. :)

LouisLeBeau

Shenaniganery Jedi! Too naughty for Sin Bin
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Honestly, I respectfully truly dearly hope so…but my inner instincts…

:lol::lol::lol::banana::banana::banana::lol::lol::lol:

I find it difficult to assimilate how an A-team of industry insiders themselves the source of much of our misery may do much more than to wrap this overly ripe banana in a more palatable wrapper. Just how far can we take the enemy of our enemy before we are all swallowed by the quicksand? The enemy is the author of confusion.

What we need is clarity. Extract vaping from tobacco legislation. A return to law not administrative process. Rule makers and rule revisers we've had a stomach full of and its time to disgorge. Promises mean nothing and the appearance of action and success are just so much P T Barnum. We need conviction (or perhaps the plural).

Good luck all and Happy Holidays. :)

Happy Holidays, Mac. Who knows, maybe Kanye IS being considered for the FDA. He wouldn't be the FIRST rapper to be interested in Food and Drug Administration. ;)

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
Happy Holidays, Mac. Who knows, maybe Kanye IS being considered for the FDA. He wouldn't be the FIRST rapper to be interested in Food and Drug Administration. ;)

Oh you're bad LLB and back at ya. But nothing would surprise me at this point but a little more freedom.

Good luck all. :)

seminolewind

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2009
Corydon Indiana
The single most Single Issue of importance relevant to this thread is happening right now. It seems that Pres. Elect Trump is considering his man for the FDA. He hasn't asked to review Dr. Robert Califf's resume, so ..............

seminolewind

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2009
Corydon Indiana
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Off topic and not germane to the discussion

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Off topic and not germane to the discussion

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Very nice. I was thinking to myself to today "How can we get our plight as vapers into the notice of the new group Trump created to ferret out unduly burdensome regulations." Looks like the Mr. Johnson is way ahead of me.

Yes. It is Nice to see this type of Dialog at this level of Government.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
Yep, and SFATA wrote a longer letter yesterday to Scty. Price and SBA and OMB heads urging them to push all dates to 2022. I think we may get this done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I second that emotion Truth. Hope such opens the door and that vaping can be extracted from tobacco legislation. We need a proper definition for the latter that does not involve nicotine as a pretext for taxation and control. Until this happens this community will continue to remain exposed to marginalization and its participants regarded as second class citizens regardless of accommodations to commerce.

Yes certainly suspend, repeal…but by all means extract vaping from tobacco legislation.

Good luck. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread