Status
Not open for further replies.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
I was just reading about racketeering charges for former FDA person that helped write the deeming regs, I guess she and her husband have ties to drug companies like Johnson & Johnson that sell smoking sessation devices. Has anyone read this ? Something about RICO charges? Edit- It's against Dr Hamburg former FDA commissioner and Johnson & Johnson. If she is being sued by the federal government that may put the deeming regs in danger of fraud???

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I was just reading about racketeering charges for former FDA person that helped write the deeming regs, I guess she and her husband have ties to drug companies like Johnson & Johnson that sell smoking sessation devices. Has anyone read this ? Something about RICO charges? Edit- It's against Dr Hamburg former FDA commissioner and Johnson & Johnson. If she is being sued by the federal government that may put the deeming regs in danger of fraud???

FDA chief who wanted to ban vaping in RICO lawsuit

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA

I think it's a bit too much to connect-the-dots to the vaping regulations. The charges brought against her and her husband are very specific and relate to one particular medication:

Larry Klayman files lawsuit against Former FDA commissioner Hamburg, Johnson & Johnson and others sued for alleged racketeering and other claims over dangerous drug Levaquin

However, I'll accept any tangential condemnation of the FDA and/or the deeming regulations resulting from this for anything that happened while she was leading the band.

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
Link please?

Reactions: Kenna

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
More stuff to sign! Have at it! :)

Endorsed by CASAA:

"Del. Larry Faircloth (R-WV) has proven himself as a valuable and effective advocate for vapor products in West Virginia. Now, in the wake of the FDA deeming regulations, he is taking his talent and legislative experience to lawmakers in D.C.

Please take action NOW by signing Del. Faircloth’s petition -- which will be hand delivered to specific lawmakers -- and support his effort to stand up to the FDA’s overreaching and disastrous regulations on vapor products."

Take Action - Sign the Petition

Also:

Our friends in UK need help (this petition is also being endorsed by Dick Puddlecote):

Please add your voice, sign the petition!
David Cameron MP: Support Parliamentary moves to block crazy e-cigarette regulations

Tweet: send your support for the ‪#‎LordsVapeVote‬ to @Number10gov @jeremycorbyn @MartinCallanan

Fatal Motion Tabled In House Of Lords To Stop E-Cigarette Regulations

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii

Endorsed by CASAA:

"Del. Larry Faircloth (R-WV) has proven himself as a valuable and effective advocate for vapor products in West Virginia. Now, in the wake of the FDA deeming regulations, he is taking his talent and legislative experience to lawmakers in D.C.

Please take action NOW by signing Del. Faircloth’s petition -- which will be hand delivered to specific lawmakers -- and support his effort to stand up to the FDA’s overreaching and disastrous regulations on vapor products."

Also:

Our friends in UK need help (this petition is also being endorsed by Dick Puddlecote):

David Cameron MP: Support Parliamentary moves to block crazy e-cigarette regulations

Tweet: send your support for the ‪#‎LordsVapeVote‬ to @Number10gov @jeremycorbyn @MartinCallanan

Done.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal

proxy.php

United we stand.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
I think it's a bit too much to connect-the-dots to the vaping regulations. The charges brought against her and her husband are very specific and relate to one particular medication:

Larry Klayman files lawsuit against Former FDA commissioner Hamburg, Johnson & Johnson and others sued for alleged racketeering and other claims over dangerous drug Levaquin

However, I'll accept any tangential condemnation of the FDA and/or the deeming regulations resulting from this for anything that happened while she was leading the band.

Exactly! She was blatantly helping big pharma so her deeming regs were a scam to do the same. She is not a trustworthy person and her loyalty is certainly not the health of the public.

BoostAddict

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2015
Virginia

Endorsed by CASAA:

Also:

Done!

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
In 1979, Johnson moved to Wisconsin with his wife Jane, and both started working for PACUR, a custom sheet extruder company, with his wife's brother, Patrick Curler, for whom the company was named. PACUR had been created, a few months before Johnson arrived in Wisconsin, with funding from Patrick and from Jane's father, Howard Curler. PACUR's sole customer for the first several years of the company's existence was a company called Bemis, which was run by Howard Curler.

For nearly a year, Johnson worked as the accountant and as a machine operator, trading 12-hour shifts with his brother-in-law, with whom he also shared a small cot. The company later expanded into the area of medical device packaging, which involved hiring salespeople and exporting products to other countries. In the mid-80s Pat Curler left PACUR and Johnson became CEO. In 1987, the Curler family sold PACUR to Bowater Industries for $18 million. Bowater kept Johnson on as the company's CEO. In 1997, Johnson purchased PACUR from Bowater; he remained as the company's CEO until he was elected to the U.S. Senate in 2010.

nomore stinkies

Gee, Who did that?
ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2014
IL
Done.
Anyone read The Rest of the Story by Michael Siegel? He had some interesting comments on the deemings. However, he made an error on the ALA comment. They have a new capaign going about lung cancer (I write these guys all the time and give them my very strong opinion on their negative view on ecigs) he stated they didn't mention smoking as the #1 factor for lung cancer but they did mention smoking it if one scrolled down. But his points are spot on. Good read. And there is a Pumonologist in Chicago from that tweet. Off to fax another letter-this one to Cole.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
I was just going to post the link to the radio show but zoi beat me to it, though this link might work better

Stream Vicki McKenna HR 3 Friday Free | 1310 WIBA

I wouldn't get to excited about this as it does not appear he has any real authority to actually stop the deeming from happening. He admits in the interview that it will have to be done in the courts.
But the challenge is significant.

Reactions: zoiDman

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
I was just going to post the link to the radio show but zoi beat me to it, though this link might work better

Stream Vicki McKenna HR 3 Friday Free | 1310 WIBA

I wouldn't get to excited about this as it does not appear he has any real authority to actually stop the deeming from happening. He admits in the interview that it will have to be done in the courts.

While this is correct, depending on the FDA's response, it may infuriate Congress to the point to where they actually do something about the agency. (Hey, I can dream, can't i?) :D

nclobo

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2012
Durham, NC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread