Senators response to email from CASAA.org

Status
Not open for further replies.

joey da barber

Jan 18, 2016
Elizabeth , N.J.
So I joined CASAA.org As we ALL should. During the sign up process you're able to click and send an automatic email to the President on down to Representative in your state and zip code . So here in NJ one person it went to was Senator Bob Mendes and from what I see and understand is that the government is considering e-cigs , vaping , etc... A tobacco product and it's not we have to make them understand that it ISN'T. Maybe I'm misunderstanding here it is you tell me :
Dear Mr. Percivale:

Thank you for contacting me to express your thoughts on electronic cigarettes. Your opinion is very important to me, and I appreciate the opportunity to respond to you.

As you know, the Family Smoking Prevention and tobacco Control Act (P.L. 111-31) gives the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) the authority to regulate cigarettes, cigarette tobacco, smokeless tobacco, and other tobacco products. I was a cosponsor of this legislation because it provides the FDA with the authority to take the necessary steps to reduce underage tobacco use. This law permits the FDA to regulate electronic cigarettes as a tobacco product, but the FDA has yet to exercise this authority.

Tobacco use is the leading preventable cause of death in the United States, and the best way to prevent tobacco deaths is to reduce tobacco use and prevent tobacco addiction. Please know that I will keep your support for electronic cigarettes and their role as an alternative to traditional cigarettes in mind should I have the opportunity to consider this issue in the future.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. This issue is very important to me and I appreciate your support. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I may be of further assistance. I invite you to visit my website (http://menendez.senate.gov) to learn more about how I am standing up for New Jersey families in the United States Senate.

EBates

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
Texas
I've sent response email to my elected reps both state and fed informing them that their response letters, which by the way were all form letters saying nothing, that I would no longer be providing support for them in their upcoming political endeavors based on their gutless response.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Please know that I will keep your support for electronic cigarettes and their role as an alternative to traditional cigarettes in mind should I have the opportunity to consider this issue in the future.
It appears this particular senator may have two different form letters for electronic cigarettes.
One that is sent to electronic cigarette supporters, and one that is sent to those opposed.

I haven't seen that before.
I guess it's something.
:shrug:

EBates

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
Texas
It appears this particular senator may have two different form letters for electronic cigarettes.
One that is sent to electronic cigarette supporters, and one that is sent to those opposed.

I haven't seen that before.
I guess it's something.
:shrug:

The only thing missing is his/her final statement "and then I'll do whatever I want to."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread