• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Seniors

Status
Not open for further replies.

debb

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2010
in the nj woods
If you look in the mirror and see crow's feet, cellulite, saggy boobs and bingo wings, don't despair, at least you know your eyesight's OK.......

Then I am doing great...didn't see any of that!!

But I am blind in one eye and can't see out of the other...;)

I go thru cheaters (dollar store readers) like vape juice....:vapor:

Nighthawk

ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2010
Southeast Texas
I used to work in a nursing home. I cant Tell you how many times I had to untuck ladies' chests from their waistbands..... My time is coming, I know. My poor 'girls' used to look people right in the eye. Now they just stare at the floor. :( Hey, they're tired. They nursed 5 babies! lol Gotta laugh, getting old ain't for sissies!

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
Now:
Kids get arrested at school and other places for the dumbest of things these days. Where the hell did common sense go?
I guess it went out the door with discipline---the schools can't do it and some parents won't do it---and sorry "time out" does not work all that great.
I can't blame teachers, prinicples, etc., these days because they can't say boo without the threat of getting fired or sued.

Then:
Remember the "board of education?" Don't get the wrong idea, I don't believe in a child, or an adult, being beaten. But as far as I'm concerned a little paddling does more good than harm. I'm friends with a lot of cops in the area and they think the same way, but their hands are tied because of the viewpoint these days.

I will admit I spanked my children. Unlike my parents who used a razor strap on us kids, I bent them over my upper leg while I was sitting so they weren't in danger of whiplash and used my hand.
Most of this went on while they were still in diapers so they were scared more than hurt. By the time they were out of diapers, they knew not to misbehave because the hammer would come down.
It certainly paid off when they became teenagers.

Maybe it should be required for all parents to take a course in the proper way to spank a child. This might stop a bunch of them from being beaten (and worse) when they get put behind bars.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
A little more spanking would help but these day's they arrest you for it. I remember my daughter came to visit one yr. and she had the worst potty mouth and no respect. She was 14 yrs. old and pushed me too far one day. I told her she was looking to get a spanking and she said "Your not going to spank me". Well she started pushing again and I spanked her. The rest of her visit was wonderful, she wasn't afraid or anything I think she just felt that I cared enough and we've been very close since that time. She now has kids of her own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread