SerenityGear Leather - Short Sleeve! And new designs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

COHgirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 25, 2012
Kansas
Is that leather stopper just glued in? I use a Mini in 18350 mode with a Serenity sleeve. It would be pretty cool if I could remove the stopper and then use a Tatroe extender ring and the upcoming Provarinati end cap.:2cool:

J.R.

I put the Tatroe extender on my mini and it comes out to the bottom of the sleeve I modified and the new bottomless sleeve I ordered in the regular size. If you are into creating what you want out of what someone else made, I would do it. It is nice not to have to slide it over the Provari every time you change the battery. Bear in mind that the leather probably will relax down the road. The bottomless sleeves are $20, I think, if you don't want to take the stopper out of yours.

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
Here are some of the sleeves that I own, some of my Provari's as well, note the tape on the mini, in the 1st pic on the right, has been removed, I had it on it to keep it from moving in the sleeve.

002_zps763799a1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

010_zps2adb45a6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

KAS

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
N.N., Virginia
I put the Tatroe extender on my mini and it comes out to the bottom of the sleeve I modified and the new bottomless sleeve I ordered in the regular size. If you are into creating what you want out of what someone else made, I would do it. It is nice not to have to slide it over the Provari every time you change the battery. Bear in mind that the leather probably will relax down the road. The bottomless sleeves are $20, I think, if you don't want to take the stopper out of yours.

Thanks. When Cigtechs has Tatroe rings in stock again, I’ll probably modify the sleeve I have, unless Tim makes some brown bottomless sleeves. I’m not really worried about my sleeve getting too loose. I had to stretch it out a little just so I get my Provari out without too much trouble.

How did you get the blue color off your dolphin sleeve?

J.R.

ShinyMonster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2014
Crosby, Texas, United States
You are not talking about me but I do want one! And the one available is a mini, which means I need a mini Provari and the funds are not available for either right now. =C

I just received a really unexpected check in the mail today!

I will be taking 1 of the 2 purple ones available ^.^

Now to decide which mini to pair it with. I want a green one.. but the shade I desire only exists on the hybrid of which I have in standard and doesn't seem to be available in mini.

The black one direct from Provape is most likely the one I will buy. But I am curious as to how the finish holds up with use of the Serenity Gear sleeves. My blue/green seems to be fairing very well and I am positive that it would be far worse off with out the sleeve by now. I only ask because the majority used black Provari' seem to have more wear on the finish as opposed to other colors that I have seen.

I suppose it really doesn't matter as it would be mostly kept in the sleeve... Thoughts?

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
My Black/Red Hybrid has been in a SGL sleeve for 6 weeks and looks none the worse for wear.

I like my sleeve snug. I soaked it in warm water, warmed in oven @ 160F to dry and to Sno-Seal it. Good stuff.

sno_seal.jpg

Warning - Sno-Seal darkens lighter leather. My brown sleeves are almost black.

Last edited:

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
I just received a really unexpected check in the mail today!

I will be taking 1 of the 2 purple ones available ^.^

Now to decide which mini to pair it with. I want a green one.. but the shade I desire only exists on the hybrid of which I have in standard and doesn't seem to be available in mini.

The black one direct from Provape is most likely the one I will buy. But I am curious as to how the finish holds up with use of the Serenity Gear sleeves. My blue/green seems to be fairing very well and I am positive that it would be far worse off with out the sleeve by now. I only ask because the majority used black Provari' seem to have more wear on the finish as opposed to other colors that I have seen.

I suppose it really doesn't matter as it would be mostly kept in the sleeve... Thoughts?

The most durable finish's are the all stainless, or the Zen coat finishes, I never really liked the colors they offer, other then the black, but I have seen several pics of the wear on them, so no colors for me.

KAS

ShinyMonster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2014
Crosby, Texas, United States
The most durable finish's are the all stainless, or the Zen coat finishes, I never really liked the colors they offer, other then the black, but I have seen several pics of the wear on them, so no colors for me.

KAS

Ah yes so far I have not seen a zen coat that I like, royal purple metallic would be nice though.

The thought of stainless steel just doesn't make me giddy.

Thanks for the info Mowgli & Kas!

I'm going to take a chance and get the black mini with green LED and pair it with the mentioned sleeve.

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
N.N., Virginia

Thanks for this tip! I just got a black Tatroe ring. It sticks out of the bottom of my regular SG sleeve about 1/8 of an inch with the stopper removed. I love it!

Now if I only had a custom Provarinati end cap........ Has anyone heard anything about them from Provape lately?

J.R.

COHgirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 25, 2012
Kansas
Thanks for this tip! I just got a black Tatroe ring. It sticks out of the bottom of my regular SG sleeve about 1/8 of an inch with the stopper removed. I love it!

Now if I only had a custom Provarinati end cap........ Has anyone heard anything about them from Provape lately?

J.R.

I'd love to see a picture too!

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
N.N., Virginia
Please post pix

I'd love to see a picture too!

:laugh: I’m pretty backward when it come to technology. Heck, I don’t even have a camera on my flip phone. My wife has a digital camera, but the battery’s dead. I’ll try to get a picture posted tomorrow. :facepalm:

J.R.

COHgirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 25, 2012
Kansas
These are really cool. I personally prefer the look, feel, and slender profile of the exposed satin silver, but if I ever decide to get a sleeve this will be it for sure.

These sleeves are great for someone who slips their Provari in the back pocket of their jeans. No worries about it firing when you bend over to pick something up. BTDT!

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
These are really cool. I personally prefer the look, feel, and slender profile of the exposed satin silver, but if I ever decide to get a sleeve this will be it for sure.

Yeah, whatever anybody wants to do with their ProVari's is cool with me. The sleeves look cool. I had J-Wraps for my ProVari and spare. My girlfriend had a J-Wrap for her ProVari Mini but we both decided we liked the looks of them naked. My main one is Satin Black, spare is Chrome Black. Hers is Blue.

If they get beat up, it adds to their character.

I do have a couple of different holsters from Serenity and Jacki has a lanyard that can double as a holster from him too.

Appreciates the pics, always good to see.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Just got my first serenity sleeve, impulse buy, and it looks GREAT!

Haven't put it on yet - I have a question!

I guess I just didn't think it through - but the sleeve is gonna be TIGHT, but you have to take it off every time you change your battery...so - if you have a colored one - you pull your provari in and out of a sleeve every day, and it doesn't scratch up the color?

Just checking!

Oh - I got a "bargains" version of this one - the leather developed what Tim considered a "flaw" - but I think it looks just fine - it's leather, and not supposed to be "perfect"...
marrakesh.jpg

kbf101998

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2013
Brentwood, Tn, USA
Just got my first serenity sleeve, impulse buy, and it looks GREAT!

Haven't put it on yet - I have a question!

I guess I just didn't think it through - but the sleeve is gonna be TIGHT, but you have to take it off every time you change your battery...so - if you have a colored one - you pull your provari in and out of a sleeve every day, and it doesn't scratch up the color?

Just checking!

Oh - I got a "bargains" version of this one - the leather developed what Tim considered a "flaw" - but I think it looks just fine - it's leather, and not supposed to be "perfect"...
marrakesh.jpg

That is a nice looking sleeve! Mine was very tight at first but has loosened up a little bit with use, and yes I have to slide it up and out to change the battery. I use it on the satin black and have not noticed any scratches from the leather sleeve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread