Series parallel switch ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

theinnocuousgender

Jan 2, 2016
Hey guys, I'm building an unregged dual 18650 box mod thats using a mosfet. I love the small form factor of a dual 18650, but like both series and parallel setups. Is there a circuit or switch I can set up which would allow me to switch between a series circuit and a parallel circuit with the simple flick of a switch?

I know a DPDT would work, but I can't find on that can carry a high enough current and am confused about the wiring. Any help?

thanks!

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
SIMPLE Parallel/Series Select Switch

Replace "motors" with "batteries" (step 2)

As to the switch.. There are 25 and 30 amp switches. Don't think you're going to get any better than that.

If you're looking to incorporate charging into this, forget it. The feedback when switched to series will fry the charger.

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
when using a mosfet you dont need a 25-30 amp switch... a standard mitec switch at 3 amps is plenty. the mosfet is carrying the load, not the switch. Think of the mosfet as a relay used in your cars electrical system.

Wrong switch. Not a firing switch, but a power source switch.

david4500

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2013
The board mentioned by @dc99 which did indeed switch between series and parallel.
Unfortunately, it was based on a flawed schematic. There was an imbalance issue I wasn't originally aware of.

jTYA4n7.png

Reactions: SupplyDaddy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread