Serious Question: What's the point of vaping low nic juice on a high powered Mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

niterider

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2012
State College, PA
If the point of all this is to reduce smoking cigs in an effort to lead a healthier lifestyle then why is the trend going towards high powered sub ohm vaping on lower nic?

Isn't that the opposite of the intended effect? Wouldn't it make more sense to vape a higher nic juice at lower power? You would still be getting the same amount of Nic but use much less juice which may or may not contain harmful flavorings.

Is this all done in the name of "chucking clouds?"

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
If the point of all this is to reduce smoking cigs in an effort to lead a healthier lifestyle then why is the trend going towards high powered sub ohm vaping on lower nic?

Isn't that the opposite of the intended effect? Wouldn't it make more sense to vape a higher nic juice at lower power? You would still be getting the same amount of Nic but use much less juice which may or may not contain harmful flavorings.

I think so yes..Cloud chucking is usually done with high wattage and 3mg nicotine. I lung hit but on a single coil usually around .6Ω on a squonker. Modwomping it's called. I do lung hits but I'm no ohmwrecker for sure. Small clouds really,..but I also vape 6mg juice.
Different vaping styles all around here from Tootle Puffers to vapers resembling the Chernobyl Meltdown. ;)

Harmful flavorings is a totally different story..You can still get AP/DA vaping lower nicotine. As far as those go,..you can always just email the supplier and ask for his lab test results on his juices. You know,..if you are diketone aware. That is to say if you are concerned about vaping dyketones. I know I am. :thumbs:

Reactions: Ryedan

hashtag

Ultra Member
May 17, 2015
I vape less when I use higher power, in my mind it balances out. A few big puffs at low nic seems to give me the nicotine at about the same rate as a bunch of puffs at higher nicotine on a lower powered device. I find it easier to stay away from cigs with the heavier puffs because it gives me more throat and lung feel. For that same reason I use flavors high in menthol and koolada. I like to feel my puff. It's all just personal preference, whatever helps you best avoid the cigs.

Reactions: ThePulver

sacullen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2014
Chicago, IL, USA
The "point" of vaping is what you want it to be. I vape to stay off cigarettes and the harmful junk they have. How I do that is my preference, and what I prefer might be different from what someone else prefers. There is no linear progression everyone needs to follow to keep from smoking.

I vape using all sorts of devices, atties, and resistances. Whether I vape 30ml in one day or one week, I'm still vaping 30ml.

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
Yes, this is true, as I guess I am in the mod whomper camp, I've got devices I am higher nic on lower wattage settings most times, I've got mechs, rda's, and high wattage devices I chuck a decent cloud though in that camp I am a flavor junky, not for the clouds but the better flavor my sub-ohm setups provide, higher output here, lower my nic but I am still at the same nic level (12mg at 8watts normal, but on my .5 drippers I am 20watts or so on a 3 or 6mg liquid)

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
3 mg big clouds for me. Thinking of lowering to 1 mg. It just tastes better. Show me the links where flavoring is more harmful than nic base. Many harmful chemicals are used to extract nic. But truthfully It doesn't bother me. So sick of reading that vaping is supposed to be a freakin Atkins diet or a damned apple !

niterider

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2012
State College, PA
I just remember when vaping at 10 watts was considered high and anything less than 2 ohms was considered "low resistance." 18 and 24mg nicotine was pretty normal and provided a substantial throat hit to let you know it was there. But now peeps are vaping 3 times more juice on higher watts with lower nic. So not only are you vaping more food flavoring but your wallet/purse is taking an additional hit as well. If I was a conspiracy theorist and was on the outside looking in, I'd say the vaping industry is purposely pushing out low nic and high power so that community would vape more juice. However, a conspiracy theorist I am not and I just believe people like seeing clouds as a way of verification.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
I remember, just 3 or 4 years ago, when 18mg and 24mg juice was fairly common. There were even folks who vaped as high as 36mg. I also recall when 1.5ohm dual coil cartos first came out, and they were called 'Low Resistance'. Even among early genisis builders, building below 1 ohm was considered crazy, by many. The early vv/vw devices cut off at 15 or 20 watts.

Reactions: NancyR

Eekins

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2015
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I started vaping when subohms were hitting the market. Personally, I like the flavor of the juice more than the nicotine hit. So sub ohm with 3 or 6 mg juice is perfect for me because I can taste the flavor a lot better. I have a nautilus mini for when I go to work and I use 18mg in it, but at that I don't taste anything. It was to the point where rather than buy a 30ml bottle for $15, I just get one thats unflavored for 8. If I'm not going to taste it anyways, might as well get the cheap stuff right? In any case, I love flavor, so I use sub ohm low mg to get my flavor and nic fix all at once.

Reactions: niterider

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
I find low wattage vaping very unsatisfying.

To my body the only thing that mattered from smoking was the nic. I was and am an addict. I do not want to be controled anymore. I can even do the old alcoholic dance with nic. I don't need it, I want it. I can quit anytime. Studies have shown...................

I've played with some addictive stuff in my life and I gotta say nothing else is even close to nic. Not even in the same ballpark. When nicotine say jump I ask how high. But I think its beatable which leads me to..................

The mind. Something in my hand. Something in my mouth. A visible exhale. And of coarse nic.

So high wattage lets me keep something in my hand. And low nic juice lets me keep on puffing. When I think how much nic I was taking in back in the low watt days it sickens me. But it is what it is.

Flavoring?? I don't wanna get into this really. To me heavy flavoring is 10%. 90% of flavoring is PG. So a massively flavored batch is 1% flavoring. And 10% is really high or subohm juice. Many people who make high nic juice use 25%+ flavoring.

Since I switched to subohming I have...

Cut my total daily nic intake with more to come.

Cut my daily PG intake by alot with total elimination close cause I can't stand what it does to me.

Cut my total daily intake of flavoring by alot, prolly better then 50%.

Increased my VG intake by some.

Goal is to get down to pure VG with a bottle of flavoring waved over it. And then quitting vaping outright.

This all may well be years out. But the nic much go no matter what it takes.

stormjib

ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2014
California
Not everyone buys ejuice, lots of people make their own. to me, what keeps me vaping is the feeling of a lungful of hot vape, I mostly use .2 ohm dual fused claptons anywhere from 45 to 120 watts, depending on my mood. cost isn't really a factor, although it *should* be...it's not because 'what price better health?"....I smoked for 41 years until I started vaping. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. :)

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States

You are right. And we should remember there was not scientific research on high-powered vaping. In all previous works only old style devices were used. Everything in excess is deadly: salt, sugar, oxygen... It is not known yet what level of exposure could be harmful (excessive) in vaping.
I keep myself to 5 ml/day. In a year I have decreased nicotine from 24 mg to 9 mg without changing juice consumption.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread