Serious Question: What's the point of vaping low nic juice on a high powered Mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
I vaped 5ml of 18mg for about a year.
I dropped to 12mg for flavor and vaped about 8ml/day
now I vape 15-20ml/day of 3mg

first year = 90mg/day
~9 months @ 96mg/day
now = 45-60mg/day

whatever. My DIY costs me about .02/ml
The cost of my maximum weekly juice consumption wouldn't buy me a single pack of coffin nails.

I spent $300/month on cancersticks.
Now my monthly juice consumption costs me less than a few Taxachusetts packs of Morleys.

I buy an occasional bottle of Teleos, Hingham Hill or SicBoy just to support local vape shops.

I can afford it now.

Me, my family and my friends will vape as much as we want as long as we like.
It's nobody's business but our own.

15334708400_0916f47c43_b.jpg
do the little blue ice packs really help in keeping the freezer colder??

Spencer87

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jakarta- Indonesia
I do not think you are getting it as well.
If I am Vaping 24mg nic, on low power,
The voltage output is going to be higher due to the higher ohm of coils. ]there is still a substatial bit of power.
If I vape 30 ml of 24 mg nic, And i vape 30 ml of 3mg nic, Am I getting more nic with the 30 ml of 3mg, due to it being on a higher power setting? no. the nic added is the nic added.

Now if you mean that, because I vape at a highern wattage, I use more juice in the end and end up vaping more, and thus getting more nicotine? Nah
I take like 10-15 puffs 2 times at work, and when At home, I pick up my mod a few times periodically for 1-2 puffs

Now, lets say I went back to my MVP or vape pen and protank, with my 12 MG juice.
Immediately I am going to have my legs and joints start aching in the same way that wearing the patch makes my body ache.
And Ill be vaping more, becdause the throat hit and heat will not be where I like it.
I like heat for flavor.
Im not magically getting more nic from vaping a lower nic juice at a higher wattage. It doesnt make sense. The amount of juice I use indicates how much nic
i use. I can vape higher and use less, do it less times, so it all evens out

ashes to batteries

ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2015
Eh. I dislike clouds, the attention embarrasses me. But the mouth feel of a dense cloud of vapor is very satisfying. I'm a dual user very much hoping to Chuck the analogs for good. Right now I'm at 0.5 OHMs at 30 watts and 6MG nicotine and seriously considering going to a dripper. It's a step towards a goal, and it's providing the psychological satisfaction I need to see the vapor that looks like smoke, to feel the drag down into my lungs (but light on the throat hit, please!) And to take a long draw. It's a tool for me. And we each have to find out own tool.

Froth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Chipotle.
This is one of those threads which is going to be filled with personal opinions, if you wait long enough you'll have someone attempt to force their opinion or belief on someone else...seems to be how these threads go. "you vape wrong" - or "my way is the only right way" ...etc

The reality?
Question:
What's the point of vaping low nic juice on a high powered Mod?
Answer: It keeps me from smoking. Period. No other explanation required.

I have yet to figure out why it seems necessary for us to explain away why we vape the way we do, especially to other vapers. Eh, that's my $.02

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
Yesterday, I saw a lowered Honda Accord with a huge exhaust pipe and primer colored body panels which looked like they were fitted by someone who was drunk and an F1style spoiler-real handy on a front wheel drive car. Don't see the point in that at all, looks silly to me, my Audi could take it in a drag race, a road race, or any race for that matter, but if the owner is happy, so be it...

Reactions: Boden

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
Yesterday, I saw a lowered Honda Accord with a huge exhaust pipe and primer colored body panels which looked like they were fitted by someone who was drunk and an F1style spoiler-real handy on a front wheel drive car. Don't see the point in that at all, looks silly to me, my Audi could take it in a drag race, a road race, or any race for that matter, but if the owner is happy, so be it...
LOL....I prefer a large pepperoni thin and crispy.

Reactions: stevegmu

Wolfenstark

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Perth , Australia
I just like mostly dual coils and tends to lend themselves to higher watts.
With the gauge wire and wraps i like. Also the Reo being a mech I get a better result for me at 0.25-0.4Ω.
Do the occasional single coil but would still be sub ohm.
With these set ups I'm at 5.3mg nic. Could do 6mg but any higher just gets harsh.

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
If nicotine delivery was the "holy grail" then patches and gum would actually work for large numbers of smokers.

They don't.

If it was just the "hand-to-mouth" experience, then nicotine inhalers would work for large numbers of smokers.

They don't.

Dismissing "big clouds" as just a competition thing is missing the point. When I smoke a cigarette, I can feel the smoke in my lungs. Not throat-hit, something else entirely. With an e-cig, if it's not producing a lot of vapor, it has lost that essential quality. If I wanted to just breathe air, I would never have started smoking in the first place ;-)

It's not just about the nicotine. Maybe you could quit on a cigalike, or on a CE4 head and ego battery. That's cool. Lots of people do. Lots of others don't. The point of vaping for nearly everybody is to create an experience that gets them to quit.

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
I do 9mg e liquid at 35 watts on a 0.5 ohm tank and find it way more satisfying than 18 mg at 10 watts at 2 ohm tank. Don't know why just do.
I think it's mostly psychosomatic. I get it that there is a pleasure derived from seeing a larger volume of vapor exhaled. I have experimented with adding more VG to my eliquid which because it raises the boiling point of eliquid requires more power to vape. Also because of the suppressed throat hit you can really crank up the wattage and hardly feel it while at the same time exhale more vapor.

Problem I have is, I use a projector to watch movies. Hard to see the screen when the room is fogged up. :)

About my post yesterday; I was trying to look at vaping through the eyes of non smokers. I have talked to quite a few about this. It seems that as long as the vaper is being unobtrusive they could care less. Much like driving down the road listening to the radio at 75db. Doesn't bother anyone, no problem. Compared to a boom car so loud that you can't hear your own conversation. That irritates people.

I know most vapers don't go walking around town blowing huge smelly clouds, they do that at home ;) , but I have been walking down the sidewalk and had someone do just that and it irritated me and everyone around me. It was very intrusive.

I don't care what people do to themselves but when that behavior makes it more difficult to keep vaping accessible and cheap so that more smokers might be helped by it.. Well that is conserning to me.

I have realized something by writing this. I am more conserned that high wattage vaping is normalizing (to new vapers) what outsiders see as brash behavior than I am anything else.

Reactions: tj99959

niterider

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2012
State College, PA
Vaping is finally what the "old guard" said they wanted it to be, plug and play. "They" say smokers are 20%. Then "they" say vaping is 10% of smokers. Thats over 3 million vapers in the US. Up from a few thousand before subohm.

That is incorrect and overly exaggerated. There were millions of vapers before sub-ohming who were singing the same praises of vaping.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
That is incorrect and overly exaggerated. There were millions of vapers before sub-ohming who were singing the same praises of vaping.

I think they were mostly long term smokers ready to quit. A lot of new vapers seem to go back to cigarettes at the drop of a hat Ran out of e-liquid and couldnt get my favorite, so had to smoke a carton of cigarettes. The ones with a real desire would make the NJOY e-liquid available at the Walgreens work...

Reactions: tj99959

zahzoo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2013
AR, USA
www.myretrolounge.com
Maybe I missed a simple explanation to the original question among all this... what's the point of low nic juice in high powered set-ups..?

The simple explanation is... as the efficiency of newer, higher powered units combined with better atomizers, coils and wicking configurations has risen rapidly... so has the delivery of nicotine. It's natural to lower the nicotine when the delivery method has improved so significantly to reach the desired intake level.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
I have been through the high wattage thing and returned to lower wattage vaping because to me , thats where i get the best flavor .

I have never been fascinated with "clouds" although as a youngster i was more easily persuaded . I have seen these clouds people talk about though , not a big deal , certainly nothing to lose your freaking minds over .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread