Seriously..... When Did Vaping Get Taken Over By The Scene Kids?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
You are right about that. Lots of vices you could insert into that.

But still, its annoying to have a bunch of whipper-snappers looking at you like you are the freak or PITA for going into a vape shop. Especially if you have plenty of green in your pocket.

BE PROUD in your "Freakness"

old-ladies-vaping_zpsfovqljnv.jpg

vapers2_zpsuaaeu3bh.jpg

MudVaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2015
Pisssshhh.
Bars are so mainstream.
It's craft beer at a micro brewery that has wifi.
:w00t:

That's what I should do when I retire, specialize in gluten free, vegan, fusion ejuice. Add stuff like tofu and water cress and let them pay me, hahaha.

Oh, got to make sure it has an app and automatically tweets whenever a puff is taken.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
You are right about that. Lots of vices you could insert into that.

But still, its annoying to have a bunch of whipper-snappers looking at you like you are the freak or PITA for going into a vape shop. Especially if you have plenty of green in your pocket.
I grew up the oldest of six kids. I'm hard core big brother. I see kids as grownups who lack experience. You're dumb as dirt until about 26. The only part about the youngins' vaping I regret is the mechanical mods. That dumb-as-dirt disaabiity really bites you in the .... with mechs. The kid vapers either ignore me or they're fascinated.

Reactions: r77r7r

fitzinthewindow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2015
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
I'm 64. I've been vaping for 3 months now, and yes, I felt a bit uncomfortable my first few times in the vape shops, but that has changed. I have spent a lot of time studying the hobby on the internet--from this site and other sites and youtube. Youtube is great. People like Grimmgreen, riptrippers, suck my mod, Robert Ellis, and yes Indoor Smokers have not only made vaping entertaining, but have provided me with a wealth of knowledge. Now when I enter a vape shop, after only a brief conversation, the hipsters all know that I know what I am talking about and suddenly I am the cool old man. Okay, so I have spent a ton of money on mods, tanks, drippers, rebuilding supplies and tools, and DIY juice, but I don't stink up everything anymore, and damn I feel healthier. I guess I've become a "Vapester."

mauricem00

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2015
carson city nevada
I'm soon to be 47 years old. I've been successfully vaping for over 2 years now. I've ordered a vast majority of my stuff online but every once in awhile, I have to resort to running out to one of my local shops to get something that is an immediate need. (Ran out of cotton or my next juice delivery hasn't arrived.... etc.) Every time I go in these shops, I feel like the creepy old dude that shouldn't be there. They're filled with a bunch of late teen/early 20's kids with shaggy mop tops, gauged ears, pierced everything and skinny jeans. This is both the customers and the employees. I feel like everyone is staring at me like, "what's this old fart doing in here?"

I almost never see people my age vaping out in public unless it's an eGo stick or some other similar device. No one has mods or tanks except for the young kids. Then there's me with my little IPV D2 and Smok TFV4 mini. Meanwhile, the youngsters are all sucking on 200W mods with massive quad coil drippers and puffing away on such tasty sounding flavors like Dying Unicorn Blood and Sasquatch Poop.

I've been vaping off and on practically since vaping first became publicly available. I finally found stuff that worked for me and got off analogs completely. Now I feel like some old dinosaur trying to fit into some scene I'm not a part of just to get some cotton or a roll of wire.

So seriously, when did this become a "scene" thing?
I use to feel the same way at local vape shops but we finally got a good shop here in carson city.local doctors send patients there to help them quit smoking and the staff is well informed and works with the customers to get them what they need.:banana: you just need to keep looking til you find a good shop.

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
I've been vaping for 3 years and it's always seemed like it had a kid scene (the kids of course being the 18 to 35 year olds who haven't figured out what they are going to do with their lives and try to dress like like they are in a gang but their clothes are clean because mom cleans them. Their kid may well be a ne'er do well but by God they will have clean pants to wear down low to show off their underpants. I wonder how many of them would wear their pants like that if they knew it originated in prison as a sign you'd be ready to receive if someone was ready to pitch) These are the ones who push the boundaries with coil making. And don't be afraid of the gauge ear things, they are useful. For example, if you are on the subway and its crowded and it makes a sudden stop, just use the hoops to steady yourself. If you want to enjoy a vape and some arm chair sports, you can hire an unemployed gauge kid (aren't most of them?), make him hold them out sideways and shoot hoops with them. He'll be thankful for the cash and you can blow a couple hours being entertained. When you get to the vape store, just do what I do. Take off your coat, put it on a hanger and use the kids ear gauge to hang up your coat and say "Thanks kid! If that coat hits the floor, I'll swing you around by those things."

Last edited:

MudVaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2015

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
"The kids are disco dancing
They're tired of rock and roll
I try to tell them "hey that drum machine ain't got no soul"
But they don't want to listen no
They think they've heard it all
They trade those guitars in for drum machines and disco balls"
-The Limousines

NOVA jon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2014
Northern virginia
I don't like people in general, having said that, I do have a couple shops that I can go into and have educated conversations with many of the afflicted scenesters!

Almost 52 and slowly becoming that "get off my lawn" guy, I tire easily of dim and shallow....

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
I don't like people in general, having said that, I do have a couple shops that I can go into and have educated conversations with many of the afflicted scenesters!

Almost 52 and slowly becoming that "get off my lawn" guy, I tire easily of dim and shallow....
:)
image.jpg

UCChris

Feb 15, 2015
Utah
Well, I'm 20 years old and I didn't smoke heavily before vaping. I only smoked that occasional cigar. I found myself wanting a cigar more and more often. When it began to be a cigar daily, I started vaping instead. I have no tattoos or piercings. I wear my pants up on my waist and don't show off my underwear. My three best friends are 27, 55, and 32. I guess I just never really found fun in being a 20-something idiot. To me, it seems like the old people have a lot of wisdom to share, so they're more interesting to hang out with than my age bracket.

That being said, I do love to chuck big clouds...

daviedog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
Florida
We have 3 shops in this town. All of them are pretty much the same as far as people go. Their appearance isn't an issue. I only mention the appearance because that's the majority of what populates the shops. Young scenesters just too cool to be seen talking to the old guy. I don't care if the gauges in your ears are big enough for me to putt golf balls through them. Just don't act like you've got your panties in a bunch when you're waiting on someone who doesn't fit in your little group.

The other thing about it is how something that was meant to help stop smoking has turned into a recreational hobby for these guys. (And girls.) It has become a "scene" thing like your outfit isn't complete unless you've got a 200W mod to match your tiger stripped, swept bangs haircut.
Willie,, Walk in with 'that' mask on. No static will come your way..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread