Seriously..... When Did Vaping Get Taken Over By The Scene Kids?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA

i-wonder-if-clouds-ever-look-down-on-us-and-say.jpg

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 18, 2013
    Chicago
    Well, I'm 20 years old and I didn't smoke heavily before vaping. I only smoked that occasional cigar. I found myself wanting a cigar more and more often. When it began to be a cigar daily, I started vaping instead. I have no tattoos or piercings. I wear my pants up on my waist and don't show off my underwear. My three best friends are 27, 55, and 32. I guess I just never really found fun in being a 20-something idiot. To me, it seems like the old people have a lot of wisdom to share, so they're more interesting to hang out with than my age bracket.

You, my friend, are like me. You are in touch with your inner old man. When I was 20, I was in touch with my inner old man. My inner child crapped his pants and was (like most kids) such a narcissist! He was all "Me, Me, Me" I hated him.

dangaranga

ECF Veteran
    Feb 15, 2015
    Metro Detroit, MI
    For me here at college, it began this past August.

The previous school year, I could go about my business all week and count the vapers, and still have a few fingers left on one hand all while getting the nastiest looks for my "disgusting" "habit", I didn't care because i minded my own business.

But this year, holy crap, i cant make a 10 minute walk and count less than at least 10 people "chucking bro" as they call it. And of course they are all rocking tfv4's on Sigelei 150w TC's or Fuchai's acting like stuck up ...... and will talk down upon those that aren't "throwing clouds bro".

I am almost ashamed to vape on my way to class because they have already built up such a bad name for us.

mauricem00

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 18, 2015
    carson city nevada
    For me here at college, it began this past August.

The previous school year, I could go about my business all week and count the vapers, and still have a few fingers left on one hand all while getting the nastiest looks for my "disgusting" "habit", I didn't care because i minded my own business.

But this year, holy crap, i cant make a 10 minute walk and count less than at least 10 people "chucking bro" as they call it. And of course they are all rocking tfv4's on Sigelei 150w TC's or Fuchai's acting like stuck up ...... and will talk down upon those that aren't "throwing clouds bro".

I am almost ashamed to vape on my way to class because they have already built up such a bad name for us.
    you should remind them that big trucks and big clouds are a substitute for a small ....... :lol:

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 1, 2015
    On the River, GA
    Well, I'm 20 years old and I didn't smoke heavily before vaping. I only smoked that occasional cigar. I found myself wanting a cigar more and more often. When it began to be a cigar daily, I started vaping instead. I have no tattoos or piercings. I wear my pants up on my waist and don't show off my underwear. My three best friends are 27, 55, and 32. I guess I just never really found fun in being a 20-something idiot. To me, it seems like the old people have a lot of wisdom to share, so they're more interesting to hang out with than my age bracket.

That being said, I do love to chuck big clouds...
    Clouds Bro!
    image.jpg

:D

dangaranga

ECF Veteran
    Feb 15, 2015
    Metro Detroit, MI
    you should remind them that big trucks and big clouds are a substitute for a small ....... :lol:

Oh god don't get me started on all the lifted trucks with no exhaust ugh.
    That's the downside of going to a school that's out in the country.

Oh well, once May comes I'll be done with my 4 years of school and will be moving back home to Detroit and doing adult things and won't have to deal with all these genetic winners lmao

MudVaper

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 18, 2015

That being said, I do love to chuck big clouds...

You go Chris!

I've never been one of those that thinks the younger generation is going to hell in a hand basket. In fact, I feel very confident about the young people I know, who are someday will be my doctor, teaching my future grandchildren in school, and running the world when I'm too old to do it myself.

UCChris

Feb 15, 2015
    Utah
    You go Chris!

I've never been one of those that thinks the younger generation is going to hell in a hand basket. In fact, I feel very confident about the young people I know, who are someday will be my doctor, teaching my future grandchildren in school, and running the world when I'm too old to do it myself.

Thanks, but I make my share of mistakes and sometimes show my age and immaturity. However, I try my best to be a respectable, decent human being.

Though, looking around at my peers at work and college, I'm certain my generation is going to hell in a handbasket.

beckdg

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 1, 2013
    TN
    Maybe you are just stuck being a "tweener", too old for the young'uns and not old enough to be an "admired oddity". I got at least a couple decades on you and have found a great vape shop (just up I29 for you) that everybody, especially the employees treat me great. I even finally met and got a high five from the owner really nice young lady) last visit. I love it when I walk in on my monthly visit and am greeted with "Hey, Dan. How's it going? Here, you just gotta try this." And they hand me some monstrosity with some new flavor to try. I'll be danged that they even got me hooked on a flavor with grape in it, something I never would have even tried if I had known. As my wife refers to it, they are her geriatric babysitter while she shops in the city.
    From one Dan to another...

That's flippin' GREAT!

Tapatyped

mauricem00

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 18, 2015
    carson city nevada
    Thanks, but I make my share of mistakes and sometimes show my age and immaturity. However, I try my best to be a respectable, decent human being.

Though, looking around at my peers at work and college, I'm certain my generation is going to hell in a handbasket.
    many of us felt that way when we were your age but your revenge will come when those who looked down on you ask you if you would like fries with that in a few years :lol:

Racehorse

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 12, 2012
    USA midwest
    I'm blissfully unaware of all this. I've lived in 13 different states, in the most concentrated cities, as well as the absolute and utter boonies. Every region has it's own "flavor" so to speak. I don't claim to understand all the young people today, but I do remember being there, and wanting to express myself in my own fashion, have fun, and find some like-minded people to hang with.

People are just people, most places.

Usually the most conservative "looking" people I've known in my life were the most "far out", innovative, creative, wild n' crazy. That was an eye opener. Not everyone needs to express themselves thru dress and body adornment, i.e. outside physicality...........some people do it with their ideas and their brains.

I used to play pool with a bunch of physicists who were studying lasers back in the day in New Haven and they had a nice pool hall for grad students at Yale. These guys were pretty wild (up in the brain area) and really a lot of truly unique human beings on the cutting edge of some fascinating theories......and the MOST conservative looking folks I've ever known.

I always kinda thought it was a sign of insecurity to have to strive real hard to "look different". but I also realize everyone's need for self expression takes a different route. :) But I have always felt it's much harder to "groom your brain" than it is to groom your exterior, I mean, anybody can run out and buy certain clothes, get something peirced, etc. It takes a lot more real WORK to delineate oneself by actually accomplishing something great or bringing a new idea or theory into being.

When the going gets tough, it will be the people who can keep the water running to your house, and the lights on, )and just looking pretty ain't gonna be worth much. :lol:)

Last edited:

Maiar

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 29, 2014
    Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
    I'm 32 and just went back to school this year. There's tons of these hipsters at my school, including a few in my class that fit the OP's description. If you actually talk to them though you'll find that they're after the same things we are, quitting smoking. Plus most of them are really really nice. But maybe they're just being nice to me because I kinda look like them, I've got a huge beard, tattoos, piercings and gauged ears. I don't really dress like them though. I dress for comfort these days lol. But maybe it's enough for them to think of me as one of them.

On another note, annoying as they can be (I don't even go into the local stores they hang out in) when it comes time that vaping may get banned or over regulated, nobody is going to make more noise about it then those kids. It's in their nature to rebel. I was a kid not too long ago. I used to believe in things too.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2013
    New Orleans La.
    Lol, sorry but what's snark?

Kanger KBOX 200 + Sub Tank Mini / Uwell Crown

75 Watt on my .24 26g twist coil - Mutation X V4 / Alliance V2

Battery Safety and Ohm's Law - onVaping Vape safe guys and gals!

Snark... a new marine weapon that can attack from both aquatic and land based senerios... it is legless, has a mouthful of razor sharp teeth and can strike quickly,,, see genetic cross of snake/shark :)

Stewart Jarvis-Grove

ECF Veteran
    Feb 2, 2016
    Lincolnshire, UK
    Since finding the fountains of knowledge here at ECF i don't feel the need to visit any of the three local vape shops but i did visit the only one i hadn't been in yesterday and i got the impression i now knew more than they did armed with the knowledge gleaned from here since i joined.

Having said that the service was top notch in this one and the clientele all looked normal. So maybe the youngsters haven't sniffed it out yet :)

Reactions: Tommy-Chi
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread