Seriously!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc0cmp

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2009
Harlingen TX. USA
kc I think you nailed it. Bravo sir. I, for one, appreciate the time it must have taken you to type that up, not once, but twice.

I used to type e-how.com articles, its ...whats the word?
I can't help myself LOL! I'm like Monk.

Maybe I should work on a F.A.Q. for the VK lol, worst case..no one will like it. I've had *worse* worst cases haha.

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
In my honest opinion, the Vapor King is the best darn invention I've ever bought, and that includes that pizza pizzazz thingie I bought like 12 years ago that *finally* died...The previous "best damn invention ever" I owned.
Wow! Thank you for all of the great information!

SMILIN

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2008
CHITOWN USA
www.vapor4life.com
How is it possible that people who try the 510 AND the VK prefer the 510? I guess we all have different preferences, but sheesh! The taste of the vk is way above and beyond what I experienced with my 510. I seriously wish I had seen more on the Vk before I spent about $300 on 510 and accessories! But you know what? I found my ecig and that is all that matters. I am off cigs for good and that is worth all the money I have as far as I am concerned! It is just going to take a bit longer until I break even is all... right??? Thank God my hubby is as thrilled for me to be off the analogs as I am, maybe more so. He is a good guy (of course, he hasn't seen the bills yet... ;) )

Anyway, the draw is a bit light on the battery but is easily remedied by putting your fingers lightly over the air holes. I have a feeling I will get used to the lighter draw eventually, but for now that works for me. The passthrough is a perfect draw in my opinion. Surprisingly, I actually like the automatic battery as opposed to the manual, not sure I would switch back even if they do come out with a manual for the vk, but we'll see.

All of the flavors I have tasted so far are the 16 except the peach which is 11. I think I will keep ordering the 16 since it seems be be satisfying to me, although I may order some 6 and 11 for nighttime vaping.

So far I have tasted the chocolate (yummy), the cappucino (yummier), the marlboro (best tobacco flavor I have tried so far compared to the 510) and the peach...mmmmmmmm. The peach is yummy and very very sweet. I don't think it will ever be my favorite vape, but it will always have a place - I like it alot and will always want to have it on hand. The Vanilla is very tasty, and again, I will want to have it on hand. So far the cappucino is the overall "ding ding ding we have a winner" flavor for me.

The tobacco flavors I have tried are ALL better then I have had on the 510. WAY better! The Ry4 is a bit too sweet for me but ok. The camel is very rich tasting and just a bit on the sweet side. I will definately keep some on hand. The Marlboro is my favorite and to me is the closest to smoking an analog. It will probably be the taste I vape when I am drinking something sweet like "boat drinks" :)

Ease of use? Forget about it! Way less muss and fuss! And on the 510, I found I was always dripping a few drops on so I could taste something, even when the cart was new. This has consistant flavor. Man I love this baby! The vapor king doesn't NEED a mod because it has everything going for it already!

So I have to say on a scale of 1 - 10 I have to give this baby a 15! If you were even considering giving this one a try, do yourself a favor and do it! I just can't find enough good things to say about it!

Thank you, could not have said it better myself:p

Steve:cool:

Streetvapor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2009
Stuck in the FunHouse
Thanks to all in this post for answering all of these questions posted.I had the same questions espically buying my first ecig which was a 510 and the 2 thins I hate the most so far from my 5 days of vaping on it is the constant topping off and the burnt taste of the juice.I am at work now and I brought 3 full 510 carts and burned thru 2 of them already and I did not bring any juice with me thinking I had enough with those three and I still have 6 hours to go before I can get home to top off.Time to bum a smoke from my co-worker :(

JenJen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
Sunny Arizona
Well said.I hate the fiddle faddle with my 510.Now I just noticed that the tops of my carts for my 510 are melting and I don't know why.That could explain the massive coughing fits I have been getting lately :(.Yeah I need to buy a VK soon.

I had the 510 and it was the one that got me off analogs, but yeah! Way too much maintenence and I didn't need another hobby. Love my VK though! Good stuff! ;)

FisherPal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2009
Campbell River, BC
kc0cmp - you are the MAN of explanations! Wow - that was an awesome post you made!! WTG!!:thumbs: That one should be cut and pasted and made a sticky of. Best explanation I have ever read of how and why the VK is the best ecig out there. Especially the part explaining how the atomizer works and why it's design makes this the outstanding ecig of all.

JenJen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
Sunny Arizona
Well just pulled the trigger with a VK so lets see how this goes.BTW it's your fault I bought one :D

hehehehe! Well, I think you will be very happy with it, so no worries there!

As to the cartomizer, I don't have a pic of it, but basically, there is a coil going through the middle of it that heats up, and the fluid is in the material that surrounds the coil. There is like a hole in the middle of the material, and the coil is in the middle of the hole. So like picture a donut laying down on a table and stretched up high with a wire in the center that heats up and wicks the fluid. That sounds lame! lol

Hopefully someone else will do a better job of it!

leeshor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2009
Norcross, GA
I would like to see a nice closeup photo of the atomizer. Or at a minimum, a diagram. Anyone disassembled one for a shot?

I cut one open with a moto tool but it was quite a mess when I finished and not suitable for photos.

I'm going to try to keep this generic. The internals is what makes a cartomizer different. Besides the mouthpiece cap and a silicone seal under that there is some very dense material that absorbs the juice. In the center of that material is what would appear to be a hole but there is a piece of metal in that hole that holds a wick much like a small candle wick. The small piece of metal is attached to the battery end.

That, (very thin and fairly long), piece of metal is the equivalent of the atomizer in other e-cigs The liquid in the material surrounding the metal dampens the wick, the metal heats the wick and vaporizes the juice. The whole thing is pretty simple in design but ingenious in how it works.

Anybody want to add to this?

On the outside it looks much like a normal cart but sealed on both ends with a battery hole on one end and the vapor hole on the other

JenJen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
Sunny Arizona
It is the KR808D-1 and I was surprised it wasn't there also! It is really the best! Of course I have only tried the one I bought at the smoke shop - a pen style I have no idea what it is, and the 510. But this baby is it for me!

I think Steve has a lot to do with the quality control for the VaporKing, and the carts are outstanding. I honestly don't regret the hundreds I spent on the other models because it led me here. ;)

Paric

Sep 19, 2009
Missouri
Just got my VK today. First ecig purchase. I am still trying to figure everything out, but after extensive (couple days) research I decided on the VK simply due to the ease of use. I didn't want to spend a lot of time fooling around with dripping and carts. If I'm trying to get a nicotine fix while not smoking analogs, I don't want to have to wait 15 minutes to take a drag.

With that said. It's obviously different, but ok so far. I'm not getting a lot of vapor, but that's not the most important part for me. The throat hit seems good. So far I've tried the mboro and cappucino flavors. Vanilla is next. I got the passthrough, but vapor isn't any different with that, so maybe I'm just doing it wrong.

Either way I'm excited to have received it. Steve is the bomb, and sent a few extras with my purchase. Made it very easy, even after the sale he was answering emails within moments. Best customer service I've gotten in a long time, with any purchase. I don't see myself going elsewhere to be perfectly up front about it.

JenJen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
Sunny Arizona
With that said. It's obviously different, but ok so far. I'm not getting a lot of vapor, but that's not the most important part for me. The throat hit seems good. So far I've tried the mboro and cappucino flavors. Vanilla is next. I got the passthrough, but vapor isn't any different with that, so maybe I'm just doing it wrong.

Nice......long....slow......draws..... is the trick. Take your time and don't hurry it. They also take a few minutes to warm up when you first put a new carto on. Ecigs take a different kind of draw, try different things and see what works best for you. You will get the hang of it and have oodles of vapor. Like you, throat hit is more important then vapor to me, but you can have them both! ;)

zee

Sep 6, 2009
Las Vegas
This thread really caught my attention:) What confuses me is, when you are talking about the VK, are you speaking for all models that are on the site? If I place an order, I don't want to order the wrong kit! Also, I just want to mention, as a newbie, when the older vapor's mention first names of suppliers, speaking for myself, have no clue who you are talking about:oops: Hope you don't take this wrong, not being rude, just hoping you understand:) Thanks for any replies, you all were great that replied in this thread! Lotsa good info:) Zee

JenJen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
Sunny Arizona
This thread really caught my attention:) What confuses me is, when you are talking about the VK, are you speaking for all models that are on the site? If I place an order, I don't want to order the wrong kit! Also, I just want to mention, as a newbie, when the older vapor's mention first names of suppliers, speaking for myself, have no clue who you are talking about:oops: Hope you don't take this wrong, not being rude, just hoping you understand:) Thanks for any replies, you all were great that replied in this thread! Lotsa good info:) Zee

We are talking about the Vapor King model on the Vapor4Life site. Steve is the owner of V4L. Mark works with him. I think the only person I have mentioned by name other then them is Drew, owner of Nhaler. He makes some very tasty High Voltage liquids. Some vendors you get to know on a more personal level because of their outstanding customer service...

I would seriously recommend the VaporKing Ultimate Ultimatum kit - it has everything you need including a passthrough and portable charging case. It is AWESOME! I don't go anywhere without a carto on the battery and my PCC (which holds a battery charging and two extra cartos.) I am more then set for the day!

If you have any other questions, just give us a shout! We are all pretty friendly here, and welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread