Settings for Stainless Steel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rarebird

Aug 18, 2016
Houston, TX
I saw a thread on this on here, but couldn't find it when I searched for it again. I am currently using kanthal coils but want to move to stainless steel in TC mode on my Kanger Nebox. However, there is no stainless steel setting on it. The modes are, nichrome, titanium, nickel, and wattage mode. Can I use one or more of these with the right temperature settings?

And I imagine I could use wattage mode?

My coils will be approx. .6 ohms with the included rba.

Thanks in advance for any help!

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
I'll be using 28 wire with 7 wraps on a 20 mandrel.
I would vape that build TC with watts set to 20 to 25 and temp of 380 to 430. In VW mode.. I would set watts to 15 to 20. My mod has a preheat function that would be 5 to 10 watts higher than run wattages.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
I use low settings normally. In wattage mode, I usually vape between 18 and 22, and in TC I usually vape at 350. But if I use TC, I have to choose Ti, NiC or Ni. Does it make a difference?
Is you don't have a TC SS setting or a manual tcr setting then you CANNOT use SS or materials other than those listed in TC. The nichrome setting might work. In that it should fire . But the vape will be off. You will likely need to use higher than normal heat and wattage settings.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

ErrrKT19

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2014
c.r., co
I use low settings normally. In wattage mode, I usually vape between 18 and 22, and in TC I usually vape at 350. But if I use TC, I have to choose Ti, NiC or Ni. Does it make a difference?
with ss some people get decent results using ti setting for temp control, but it will run hotter than your temperature setting. start at the lowest and gradually adjust to taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread