Status
Not open for further replies.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
I don't see any problem with it; especially for your initial shake. There is a limited amount of free oxygen (oxygen not already bonded to other molecules) in a capped bottle. When the bottle is nearly full it isn't much. I imagine, if you were to do it every time you used it, and opened the bottle each time between shakes (letting fresh air in, and aromatics out), you might accelerate oxidation and potential flavor loss. But otherwise I can't see how this could be very harmful.

I would say "shake away!":D

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
The basic idea and reason for shaking is to create small bubbles throughout the mix. When the bubbles rise they create tiny eddy currents that help to mix the juice more completely. The question would be are more bubbles better? A foam is just smaller bubbles that congregate. Somewhere in between is probably where the best mixing occurs. If your saw is variable speed you might try the lower speed to mix without the foaming.

When I mix up a bottle of juice all the components are stratified in the order I added them. It only takes about 10 seconds of shaking to produce a mix that looks evenly distributed. I mix 50ml in a 60ml bottle to leave an air space for shaking.

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread