Sherman RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petabread

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2014
Miami, FL
Hi guys just thought I would drop in and say I know afew people have had trouble with the Sherman, either the PMMA tanks cracking and some threading issues.

Now I know Tom the owner of Imperial Vape Co and the man behind Asylum Mods and have done for a few years and I can tell you that the reason behind the PMMA tank sections was because the whole Sherman idea beginning to end was funded by Tom without investment. He's basically I one man band trying to keep up.
So he poured his own money into it to get it going hence the small numbers produced. So it wasn't a case of make small numbers to keep the cost up it was purely a case of get as many made as he could afford to get made and still be able to pay the bills.
During the prototype phase we said Glass would be the better option but cost and the fact that the actual deck would need making up to 30mm instead of the intended 28mm again envolved more cost which wasn't affordable to get it off the ground.
Now this is the bit where people chime in with "Well if it ain't perfect don't sell it" "You should have QC'ed them better" kind of posts... Well to be honest I've watched the Sherman go from crappy drawings on a napkin to the full production run and then sit down and check each of the 500 odd units by his hands, And for it to be done off of one man's love for the Vape Industry and his life savings and not an industry giant I have to give the man a round of applause!
It's easy to poke holes in things when your the consumer but when you see the amount of hoops he's jumped through and still is trying to sort out customers with faulty tanks and threading you really have to hand it to the man.

The Sherman was a concept one that Tom made happen and apart from the niggles it's an absolutely amazing tank! I've had mine since well before general release and if anything I stopped dripping because of that tank.
It's completely changed my vaping life.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion on the Sherman but reading through the comments I thought it was only fair you hear this side of the story.

Also if you have any questions related to the Sherman with wicking or building I'm happy to help and also any relating to later batches of the Sherman as to when they are released so you know ahead of time and all that jazz.

Have a great night Ladies and Gents.
Sadly, after assuring me that he would fix my issue (top cap is cross threaded) in December-ish, he stopped responding to me right after that. Haven't heard from him since, after sending 2 more additional emails.

Really unfortunate. Least I can figure, maybe he got mad that I posted the problem I had here on the forums. :(

Reactions: benley73

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
My cousins Sherman had the same problem with the deck, he actually broke both of them the first time he used it, so needless to say he's not actually tried it yet... Thankfully his skyline came the next day and between the both of us we've got plenty of tanks.

No word from Tom so far...

I'm not sure what kind of SS these screws are but imo it should have been 316 with posts like that... As it is they're way too soft & if a fused clapton goes in lopsided that plate puts too much pressure on the screw. . I got one out but the other one's stuck in there pretty good.

Last edited:

benley73

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2016
I'll show ya what I mean:

VVJdDy1.jpg

I wrote to the manufacturer on FB, no response yet. I also saw no other complaints of it on their FB group, but I had to mention it here, just in case this is a result of them kicking up production to meet demands. Definitely looks like a threading issue imo.
Did they answer you or not , i reported that my chim an chamber threads sliced my fingers thumbs an then jammed took a lot of tape wrapped over the chimney an threads + rubber bands to undo.
I emailed an never got a reply at all ,
So i guess now Ive got it lose an put a little wet and dry over the threads to get them burrs down that kept slicing my fingers,
I bought the utlem tank and Utlem drip tip now so he got the funds then ignores the people whom already purchased this , sn the new customer get the working parts great. Being ignored is not good , Not even one reply ,

I think its probably going to go on ebay when i have time since I've hardly used it since ,
Tom or no one replied so that. Is Just BS he responds an replace the parts , he got your money on to the next sucker .

I got the Supreme plus 30mm , had problems with that top cap threads being too tight ,

They replied same day ,

They sent out and replaced top cap and new top tank section
Now thats what you call customer service Candy , an Maggie , both reply to you via Facebook and emails , sending you tracking number an such parts arrived today ,

They have been great,

Now its an working great,
They even changed the Knurling and O rings on the top caps for new batches made.

Or send out replacements for thoese who had problems.
But still no reply since 4 weeks ago sent another email no reply , So Tom just dont reply as others have said ,

Must take things too personal
But if i spend my hard earned money especially being a expencive tank you expect it yo work shouldnt have to fix problems due the cheap manufacturing your self ,

Then get some one else to reply to comments on here Trying to explain things ,

when he could of done this himself , Or at least replied
To the customers whom have purchased an having problems , instead he chooses to ignore them.
Id sell it on but I wouldn't want the buy to then complain about it later to me,

Its going to elusive tank this has been out a bit but has never any stock this keeps prices high , and stops Clones i get that , but at least get more made so we can actually purchase this thing , UD bellus v2 will be out before this is avalible to purchase an that isnt even been announced yet , ket alone pictures

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: vexx

benley73

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2016
Pliers will probably wreck it lol. I would write to the manufacturer like I did, before you take pliers to it.

Tom is a pretty damn good guy from the looks of it. I can't believe his responses to me. I haven't received anything that nice from a vape company - ever. It's usually just one word responses (if they ever even respond, yea I'm talking to you iJoy/Hcigar.)

But seriously, I think the freezer will do the trick for ya. Works for me every time!
I sent 2 emails got no response , went to the uk site I bought it from no reply , after struggling for days wrapped it all in tape , after a hot water bath then freezer , then eventually got pliers on it to get it undone , whilst wrapped in tape , needless to say , ive not used it since
Would be great if "Tom" could send me a replacement tank for free, being my tall tank cracked and a friggin post screw broke in Half while lightly tightening my coil. So now I have to find a way to remove the broken half stuck in my atomizer....

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

benley73

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2016
Tom posted this today, I'm pretty sure that the two complete chimneys thing is to avoid the problem that some guys had in getting the chimney apart:

Next batch of Sherms will be available in around a week.

Ultem large and small sections will be supplied as standard. PMMA has been discontinued. Also two chimney sections will be supplied in full.
Then what happens to the people whom already purchased this and funded him they miss out now they paid already an struggled through the problems , with sliced fingers , So new customer are taken care off I emailed twice through the site and never got a reply from any of the two emails , So i guess its luck of the draw ,

benley73

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2016
Then what happens to the people whom already purchased this and funded him they miss out now they paid already an struggled through the problems , with sliced fingers , So new customer are taken care off I emailed twice through the site and never got a reply from any of the two emails , So i guess its luck of the draw ,

I guess theres just No replies then , go figure just like the Emails , Since we are the ones who got sub par , Sherman's that seem of of slipped through the lack of QC, so the Customer service /feedback it just dont exist.

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
Not Good is it , feels like a big FU now he got out money for a sub par product ,

Im getting a great vape from my Taifun gtv3 , thats a 10£ Clone , better threads , actual glass tank , JFC , AFC , an the Chinese sites actually have a better customer service ,

I have the mini version, got it to mini size my authentic. Got to admit the quality is excellent but mine smells like a dumpster. I took all the orings off and replaced them with the ones from the authentic, so it's fine since im only using the top half, but the other parts still stink.

Reactions: MMW

benley73

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2016
Its not good at all for Original owners whom have still got problems,
Since by watching fagan Review ,
Tom has released the two separate chimney parts ,
So thoese who already purchased this and have had problems with it get Ignored by Tom .
Since basically we are paying product tester for him.

An get screwed over whilst new customer gets Working tanks with the Extra parts free Included in there purchase we are left with crappy sub par parts ,
So Only thing We can do now is complain ,
Since we have had the razor sharp threads ,
Sliced fingers
Stuck chimney parts , Cracked crappy plastic tanks , others have broken post screws in there Decks so cannot even use them, [emoji36] [emoji36]

An all we hear is that Tom is supposed to be great ,

This Aint great for us .

An actual chimney that dont skin my fingers like im crawling through razor wire.

I aint going to go away and i aint going to be quiet ABOUT this POS threading either. When it works its great, but not when it's actually slicing up your hands

I will tell everyone that asks Avoid this like the plauge. Until these problems are sorted

He sends out perfect pieces to the Youtube Reviewers ,

Whilst we are left with sub par parts

That pisses me right off ,

Since there is cheap Chinese sites, That actually reply to you on rta,s at a fraction of cost

If only he reply to genuine problems ,
as this has been posted pages back.

He knows there is problems

Or
why now change these parts for New Customers ???
That we are still having problems with ???

Since we are now ignored.

Been patient ,
Been curtious.

Been two flipping months waiting for a reply to several emails .
You should not have to freeze , your parts ,
Tape them up,
Use Pliers ,
Then have to use wet and dry sanding down razor sharp burrs from threads to fix a tank at this price.

Ive had 10 dollar clones made better threads than this which is frustrating .

So excuse my ...... off attitude.

I have 10 dollar Coppervapes Taifun GT v3 Clones that give better Flavours on a single coil, better threads , with working JFC , AFC . There not big cloud chuckers , but do Dam well on 20w -40w on the 0.4 ohm builds

Last edited:

Petabread

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2014
Miami, FL
Its not good since by watching fagan Review ,he has released the two separate chimney parts , So thoese who already purchased this and have had problems since basically we are paying product tester for him get screwed over whilst new customer gets Working tanks with the Extra parts free Included in there purchase , So Only thing We can do now is complain ,since we have had the razor sharp threads , sliced fingers stuck chimney parts , Cracked crappy plastic tanks , others have broken post screws ,

An all we hear is that Tom is supposed to be great ,

Not he is selling snake oil good ,
for all the ones he deliberately ignores
he Aint great we paid our money months ago helped funded him to fix these problems but we are left with Sub par RTA the only thing that's actually any good is the drip tips that I can use on my other RTA,s that actually work. And until i get a reply and an offer to fix / Replacement parts for a working Sherman , an actual chimney that dont skin my fingers like im crawling through razor wire ,
I aint going to go away and i aint going to be quiet ABOUT this POS either.
Either fix it our offer a refund ?????. He sends out perfect pieces to the Youtube Reviewers , whilst we are left with sub par parts , So i suggest , every one with a problem with this POS tank , Comment on the youtube channels until he actually replies to us , Im in uk , an I cant even get a ....... reply to any email , That pisses me right off , since the cheap Chinese sites actually reply , refund Replace your parts on Clones you buy , At a fraction of the cost ,
But Tom cant even be bothered replying to you , So every where i see a post about this tank now Im going to ..... an whine
Until I piss him off,
As much as he has ...... me off,

If he cant reply then .... him ,

If only he had the decency to reply to genuine problems ,
as this has been posted pages back.

He knows there is problems Or why now change these parts for New Customers ???
That we are still having problems with ???

Since we are now ignored.

Been patient ,
Been curtious.

Been two flipping months waiting for a reply to several emails .

You should not have to freeze , your parts ,
Tape them up,
Use Pliers ,
Then have to use wet and dry sanding down razor sharp burrs from threads to fix a tank at this price.

Ive had 10 dollar clones made better than this.

No way did he
QC the parts before shipping.

So excuse my ...... off attitude.

But if you paid for this and had these problems then ignored you too would feel conned we work hard for our money. An at this price expect some sort of quality control.

I have 10 dollar Coppervapes Taifun GT v3 Clones that give better Flavours on a single coil, better threads , with working JFC , AFC

I just wrote to him again - I know he's not going to respond, but I felt I had to try one more time.

Really sad when I'm using an $18 Cthulhu Gaia RTA that is machined flawlessly and is designed better than my $100 RTA. Sad indeed.

benley73

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2016
Thats it we didnt complain on here until ignored ,
So sod it now .
I will post my pics of the rough threads sliced fingers an the crappy RTA .
He has used us as paying product testers for fixing problems he couldnt be bothered to find , .So I will be brutally honest , its not slandering since we have genuine problems , but I would tell everyone to stear clear of this POS Customer service feedback , complaints are none existent ,

erieboyz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2014
WOW! I haven't been on this thread since I created it and I can understand how everyone is feeling. I am kind of upset that you guys have been having issues just like me. Wicking it is a pain and it shouldn't be...especially when everything else on the market wicks fine with little hassle.

As far as QC, I agree. There should be some sort of compensation with the chimney and PC tanks. I am on my second PC tank and I noticed the other day that there are small cracks...AND I HAVE USED ANY TANK CRACKER EJUICES!!!!!

All of this coupled with the fact that you guys haven't received a response is unacceptable. I would go on their FB groups if you haven't already done so and voice your concerns. It seems that that method is the only way of getting things done.

erieboyz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2014
For all we know The guy defending him. Explaining everything about hpw he didnt have the funds until we got screwd over
Could be him ??,
An not one offer of Replacement parts or help with them ,
Since he Clearly knows of the faults or why change these parts on the newer sales ??? If this was supposed to be such a great design.

I don't know. I love the vape off of it. I can say that much. The wicking, PC tank, and chimney problems are a cause for concern. I am about ready to give up on it myself.

stormjib

ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2014
California
I use mine all the time, no problems. I'd prefer glass to pmma but I knew what I was buying. IMO it's a much better design for flavor than the Modfather, I sold both of mine. Tom obviously doesn't monitor this thread, but I have seen him be responsive to customer complaints on the Imperial Vapes Facebook group page. I like mine very much but I may sell it anyway, as it's just way more airflow than I need...the other tanks that I use a lot are the Hurricane, Aqua2, and Cthulhu v2, they all have way less airflow than the Sherman.

benley73

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2016
I use mine all the time, no problems. I'd prefer glass to pmma but I knew what I was buying. IMO it's a much better design for flavor than the Modfather, I sold both of mine. Tom obviously doesn't monitor this thread, but I have seen him be responsive to customer complaints on the Imperial Vapes Facebook group page. I like mine very much but I may sell it anyway, as it's just way more airflow than I need...the other tanks that I use a lot are the Hurricane, Aqua2, and Cthulhu v2, they all have way less airflow than the Sherman.
Short tank with postless is great for Flavours on mod Farther RTA, most just try standard size and velocity deck on mod father the series and Postless are better decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread