Sherman RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMW

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2015
NH
Just gotta remember, there's more to an RTA than just the material the tank section is made of. And that itself is subjective, if you don't vape tank crackers, or are good to your devices (my $100 anythings never leave the house. That's what I use my $20 RTAs for.) And if you look at the FB group, us with issues here are definitely in the minority.

Personally, my Sherman was $95 shipped. But that's a far cry less than some people pay for their $300 RTAs or their $200 mechanical mods. Plus the Sherman already has a ton of 3rd party accessories for it available to negate the plastic tank. It's even less of an issue if you love the look of it (which is why I had to have one - when you fall in love with anything, price and materials aren't an issue.)

Same argument can be had with these $400 stabwood mods that look like my old highschool counselor's acrylic nails - i think they're rediculous and look like something you'd get from Hot Topic, but if you love it, it's worth the price.

And I'm not arguing with you, just showing you a different perspective. Because I could have the same argument with you about the Modfather versus the Cthulhu Gaia RDTA, for example - why spend $70 on a Modfather when you could've had the Gaia for $18 a week ago (and is also the best RTA I've used, so far.)
Just gotta remember, there's more to an RTA than just the material the tank section is made of. And that itself is subjective, if you don't vape tank crackers, or are good to your devices (my $100 anythings never leave the house. That's what I use my $20 RTAs for.) And if you look at the FB group, us with issues here are definitely in the minority.

Personally, my Sherman was $95 shipped. But that's a far cry less than some people pay for their $300 RTAs or their $200 mechanical mods. Plus the Sherman already has a ton of 3rd party accessories for it available to negate the plastic tank. It's even less of an issue if you love the look of it (which is why I had to have one - when you fall in love with anything, price and materials aren't an issue.)

Same argument can be had with these $400 stabwood mods that look like my old highschool counselor's acrylic nails - i think they're rediculous and look like something you'd get from Hot Topic, but if you love it, it's worth the price.

And I'm not arguing with you, just showing you a different perspective. Because I could have the same argument with you about the Modfather versus the Cthulhu Gaia RDTA, for example - why spend $70 on a Modfather when you could've had the Gaia for $18 a week ago (and is also the best RTA I've used, so far.)
Agreed on stabwood.
Mechs though.... Shame on you :D

Still following this thread to see how the Ultem works out for folks who get it.

Reactions: Petabread

jlaudiofan

Dec 27, 2015
I have a Sherman with the ultem bubble tank and drip tip, I like the tank so far. It's a bit tricky to wick and it will leak if you are not careful when refilling / wicking... But that is pretty much my experience with RTAs so far. I like it. I have been using both the modfather 30mm and the sherman. Modfather has killer airflow, and the sherman has great flavor. The modfather is a bit more convenient to rebuild since you can leave juice in the tank and pull the deck out, but the sherman has a bigger build area. It all depends on what you are looking for I supose.

benley73

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2016
Supreme plus is cheaper than both has JFC , Granted when first recived it its jammed tight , but once juiced up , threads are smooth , steam crave released new top caps an Orings with better threads on all the newest version from them , never leaks on refill , vapes very well Flavours are phenomenally good , e tank sizes an RDA mode , I personally like it a lot , if an when other deck options become available , it will be even better , fits up to 6mm Id builds

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Reactions: kiba

Petabread

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2014
Miami, FL
Well still awaiting , Part email ? An the rest ,

I received mine the other day. So I can definitely vouch that they do step up for their customers. Even sent me two Clapton coils and 2 30mL bottle of juice. Good guys. I hope you get yours soon!

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
Supreme plus is cheaper than both has JFC , Granted when first recived it its jammed tight , but once juiced up , threads are smooth , steam crave released new top caps an Orings with better threads on all the newest version from them , never leaks on refill , vapes very well Flavours are phenomenally good , e tank sizes an RDA mode , I personally like it a lot , if an when other deck options become available , it will be even better , fits up to 6mm Id builds

Yeah, I was thinking about this the other day, my cousin still hasn't been able to use his Sherman once yet. Maybe he should just get the Aromamizer. I'm probably going to pick one up as well.

Reactions: benley73

benley73

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2016
Well going to put this out there after several failed promises ,
Seriously the service from Imperial vapes is there worst ive had cheap china sites Actually respond to you dam even fasttech responds an replaced parts it dont keep you waiting 3 months now terrible service
Ok so update possible Replacement parts on the way , by weekend that would be great to be able to use my Sherman since its been boxed up since January awaiting parts ,
Sorry for all the moaning , this should of been a simple fix , but told its because of TDP as to why i couldnt get parts from china shipped even though ive had 10 + orders of various tanks arrive from china an HK since Jan , ? Supremes , Taifuns/ kayfuns , /Exo,s , ect all managed to ship ,

Last edited:

ccwaters

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Minnesota USA
Well going to put this out there after several failed promises ,
Seriously the service from Imperial vapes is there worst ive had cheap china sites Actually respond to you dam even fasttech responds an replaced parts it dont keep you waiting 3 months now terrible service
Ok so update possible Replacement parts on the way , by weekend that would be great to be able to use my Sherman since its been boxed up since January awaiting parts ,
Sorry for all the moaning , this should of been a simple fix , but told its because of TDP as to why i couldnt get parts from china shipped even though ive had 10 + orders of various tanks arrive from china an HK since Jan , ? Supremes , Taifuns/ kayfuns , /Exo,s , ect all managed to ship ,

I was going to buy one of these until all the issues arose, if your still waiting for your parts you may just want to grab the clone 3F just listed, Kindbright typically does a really good job, wouldn't surprise me if quality surpasses the authentic. Anyway, if nothing else you'll probably end up with the parts you need.

Kindbright Sherman Tank Style RTA Silver 316 SS Rebuildable Atomizer

vexx

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
No parts allowed

ccwaters

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Minnesota USA
My understanding is the difference between 1, and 2 is height of the airflow below coil, and tank material. I cannot say with 100% certainty but the Kindbright looks to have the higher airflow and ultem tanks. Going by that I'd say V2, perhaps someone a bit more knowledgeable will pipe in.

Reactions: MMW and vexx

benley73

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2016
The v2 has the utlem and 2 solid chimney sections ,the V1 came with a chimney section that the top unscrewed off and replaced with a longer cone shaped one to make a bigger tank size , this came with the two frosted PPME tank sections.

As these where the parts that jammed on mine , with sharp burrs left on threads an thats from Original sherman not the fault of owners I believe but was a wait to get them replaced eventually had them replaced with 2 full solid chimney stack sections

, I dont know about the Clone no pics of deck yet ? From the top down, but side view looks similar ,
So idk if its a 1.1 clone or not
Im sure some will post pictures at some point , the Clone is available where as the Original in UK isnt and

According to Tom the TDP Regulations he said in Recent email has hampered them getting more stocks in ?

If its the same then give it a go , Im sure it will sell out pretty fast. Especially for those that cant get hold of an original version or don't want to spend that much on one. To just try it , Clones have there place to try before buy authentic , but would be better if where not branded ,
Then unsuspecting rebuyer's are not duped.

Original does leaks on Refilling as many have reported,
They even send you a paper saying 4mm id build to be able to pack with Enough cotton to stop it from leaking,
But as with anything its all build dependent tbh.

With no jfc to shut down on Refilling , its always a thing of non jfc tanks . Needing heavy hand with cotton. Flavours are great vapes plentiful

Id wait on Original to see if they ever make a jfc or a locking bottom airflow which makes it difficult to undo at times. If you want a genuine one but it does look very much like mine So choice is yours ,

I can only speak of Original version ,

I know some just want the tips for use with the other 30mm tanks [emoji3] they look nice on Supreme plus as well but thats your call,

Last edited:
Reactions: vexx

benley73

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2016
These are pics of Original deck from site with Original chimney chamber section with top part Replacement chimney stack section for short or tall tank kit
So only difference i can really see isnt the deck but the chamber chimney parts , and utlem glass , I could be wrong ,
it looks like it might be a little taller on deck airflow , but until its side by side pics hard to tell ,
but Original deck was Slightly rasied , around airflow intake on deck as it was , ?
Since these are pics of Original above , 1st 2 pics ,

Below is pic of clone last 2 pics
With two seprate chimney's/ chambers and utlem tanks ,
d11ce2d87b150f7ee38e50e5bbd19a28.jpg
6ee73774b6a5a657fb764eeeca6f6c5f.jpg
deeaed54b914a00258c4d78809eba4db.jpg
d2fd0637bddd4fe8e99535659fc4e269.jpg

benley73

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2016
Its not good for Imperial vapes having a clone under cut you at 1/3rd of the price though ,

I wonder if comes with original box or not, not hard to copy either ,
I wouldn't like to have worked on something tben has some one come along an rip it off , im sure there will be plenty picking up a Clone an posting it soon enough ,
Not sure how they can be stopped either , depending on materials used might be lower quality or rejected parts who knows until some have bought tried compared ,
But the 3f versions show a high serial number , im sure Imperial vapes will have a list of numbers

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread