Shield Cig Mini 40W TC Temperature Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papillon61

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2015
Sunshine Isle
It's all in the title. Does anyone know anything about this? It looks like it is comparable to the istick 40 with one added aspect I was looking for - the interchangeable 18650. My style of vaping is closer to tootle puffing than high wattage cloud chasing. Also I like small , lightweight mods. I have not been able to find any reviews about this one so I was wondering if there is anyone out there who has it or has heard/read about it?

Thanks.

$39.19 Authentic Shield Cig Mini 40W TC Temperature Control Variable Wattage VW APV Box Mod - 1-40W / 1*18650 / black at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I don't think you're gonna find any battery replaceable 18650 mod that's lighter than any istick to date. Without the 18650 battery, this Shield mod is most likely 30g heavier than the istick 40 TC.

No one seems to be fore sure, but the word is that the Shield 40W TC only goes down to 0.3 ohms in TC mode, whereas the istick 40 goes down to 0.05 ohms in TC mode.

There seems to be a lack of reviews on any of the Shields mods, not just this one, that FT sells so it's a huge gamble.

Probably better off looking into something else if your main feature is replaceable battery.

PS: eLeaf just released a 100W but supposedly the 100W TC is just around the corner. Of course, it will be integrated battery like all isticks, no doubt, but just letting you know.

With the way things are coming out these days, it's never a good idea to make purchases in haste unless you have the income to support it.

There's also the Kamry 60W TC, but there again, there are no reviews to be found except one youtube video but that guy isn't really using it for super low ohms like many TC vapers seem to.

$56.53 Kamry 60 TC VW/VV Variable Wattage / Voltage APV Box Mod - 1-60W / 0.3-9V / zinc alloy at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Reactions: Papillon61

Papillon61

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 22, 2015
    Sunshine Isle
    Thanks. I needed a small TC mod before I go on vacation. I have an iStick 40 on order form Fasttech which was supposed to ship yesterday. I got an email from them today saying they are "restocking" so it's anyone's guess when they will ship. The black Shield I linked to is in stock and ships next day. I was just wondering if it was worth getting since my iStick will net be happening soon.

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 17, 2015
    North Charleston, SC
    I personally wouldn't. It's an "authentic" product from a Chinese clone company. Authenticity means nothing if build quality is up to authentic subpar standards.

Personally, I think the 40W TC is a great product. So far, my experience has been very positive. The build quality is much improved from previous iSticks, and the form factor is still tiny. The mod you're looking at is noticeably larger in all three dimensions.

With anything that has or holds a battery, I'd stay with more well known brands for safety issues.

If you're willing to get a second mod anyhow, order another iStick stateside and have it on hand for your vacation. Then you have a backup...

slipdiskk

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 7, 2011
    ithaca, ny
    1438450971082.jpg
    I can't say enough good things about the SMY 60 mini tc. Fasttech sells them for under 70 bucks.

Last edited:

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 17, 2015
    North Charleston, SC
    Thanks but I don't live in the USA. Getting a mod from the states is beyond my budget because of the ridiculous shipping charges. :)
    See if anyone else in your region carries them. Barring that, if you have any local B&M stores, it might be worth purchasing a mod at a higher price if time is an issue.

Reactions: Papillon61
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread