Not open for further replies.

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
The real one that looks exactly like the clone is a 22mm too but the company makes a 24mm too indeed.
I was sent one free of charge (pifed by an ecf user) so i'm not complaining,not saying you should buy ofc and i don't even know myself if i'll enjoy it as the tank is only a 2ml capacity. But hey it's free so who would complain am i right :p (it is gonna be my first rta and i accepted that free clone to basically "test" my skills and see if i can enjoy building or not. The deck is far from being that small though i've watched a couple videos and compared to my big baby rba it's a giant one ahah XD

Hey, I would totally take a free one. I watched the videos too and it looks easy to build on that deck. I have successfully built and wicked my BBB but that tank has been relegated to a drawer. I like single coils builds. Double coils is not a deal killer on a tank I love but that is one TINY deck.

ExtremeDooty

ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2017
Michigan
I bought the Dotmod Petri clone on Ebay for $13. It has already been shipped but who knows when it will arrive? Now, do I really NEED that shiny gold asMODus Minikin 2 to truly set off a $13 clone? LOL

Of course you don't need it. But that is not a relevant consideration when shinyitis strikes. You already know you're going to buy it.

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
Of course you don't need it. But that is not a relevant consideration when shinyitis strikes. You already know you're going to buy it.

Probably. :) I have a purple one on order (not shiny - the easy grip finish.) If I can handle the touch screen, I will likely buy the gold for me when I dress up. LOL

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Who tells their husband everything? At least when it comes to vaping finances, LOL. Fortunately, my husband did not ask me what the titanium Kabuki cost, it doesn't look like it cost what it did, frankly, unless you pay really close attention to the metal....

I only mention pricing when I am pointing out how *inexpensive* a clone IS, LOL and also saying, "It's okay! I bought this over three weeks ago!"

To be fair, I never ask questions about the electronics the husband buys. We have enough flex in our budget that a few crazy purchases on either end will do nothing much other than to not go out for a meal or something.... We'll go picnic on a big rock at sunset instead, LOL. I feel lucky, actually :)

Anna

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
Well, I do try to not hide anything from the hubby but he is pretty cool with my vaping hobby. He knows the cost of cigarettes, both financially and healthwise. He is a former smoker and quit cold turkey. He is a pharmacist so has a good understanding of the medical and physical costs of smoking. If I got carried away with solid gold mods and blinged out attys, he might have something to say. :) He is also impressed with the low cost of making my juice.

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
My Minikin V2 came today along with the FireLuke tank I just knew would be a perfect match. I love the feel of the Minikin - it is painted with a special paint that makes it feel almost like a vinyl cover. Very nice. The FireLuke is a beauty, but I hate the very wide bore drip tip so I popped a 510 into the top of it and that works better for me.

37186084636_59b2189bf3_b.jpg
36523294454_6d4fa6394d_b.jpg

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
That is a lovely color, and I like the form factor even more seeing it in purple :)

Anna

I have to say that this has, overnight, become my favorite mod. It edges out the Battlestar and even the Steampunk. It is that ergonomic and that comfortable to hold. The touchscreen takes some getting used to and I haven't completely mastered it yet but I will. ;) I know the big complaint with the Minikin V2 is its performance in TC and TCR modes. I have not yet given that a try but will report back when I am able to do that. As I have said before, my experiences with TC and TCR have been hit or miss on every mod but I think it might have to do with the way I roll the coils. I read somewhere the spacing is important for TC and I usually roll tight coils. I am going to try that as soon as I find a few spare minutes to play with wire. In power mode, the Minikin V2 is the bomb, in a good way.

VictorViper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2013
Vancouver
www.thisoldneon.com
Oh man, you're gonna look regal with the gold RTA on that purple Minikin. I have the gold V2 with the Petri RTA (22mm) and honestly, it doesn't look as slick in person as it does in photos. Hysterical, don't get me wrong - I mean it is a LOT of shiny-shiny. But, it's the classic case of nothing comparing to real gold and thus the match is just off enough to not contrast and look cheap (I had hoped for an upscale gaudiness). With the matte finish on your V2 and the shine on the Petri, not to mention the classic gold/purple pairing, it's gonna look fantastic.

The Petri takes practice wicking. I have some tips if you find you have trouble. [EDIT] I should also mention that, assuming a quality clone job, the Petri RTA is a wonderful piece of kit. Great flavour and decent clouds, a good build and wick can last months before starting to turn. But it has quirks. I retired mine because I really just can't tolerate the downsides of tanks, but I ran mine exclusively for a solid year.

Last edited:

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
Oh man, you're gonna look regal with the gold RTA on that purple Minikin. I have the gold V2 with the Petri RTA (22mm) and honestly, it doesn't look as slick in person as it does in photos. Hysterical, don't get me wrong - I mean it is a LOT of shiny-shiny. But, it's the classic case of nothing comparing to real gold and thus the match is just off enough to not contrast and look cheap (I had hoped for an upscale gaudiness). With the matte finish on your V2 and the shine on the Petri, not to mention the classic gold/purple pairing, it's gonna look fantastic.

The Petri takes practice wicking. I have some tips if you find you have trouble. [EDIT] I should also mention that, assuming a quality clone job, the Petri RTA is a wonderful piece of kit. Great flavour and decent clouds, a good build and wick can last months before starting to turn. But it has quirks. I retired mine because I really just can't tolerate the downsides of tanks, but I ran mine exclusively for a solid year.

I am looking forward to getting my Petri clone. It is on the slow boat I think. :) I absolutely LOVE my Minikin V2 and haven't picked up another mod since I got it. The gold/purple combo will be positively regal. *queenly* One of the things I love about the Minikin V2 is the non-slippery paint that almost feels as if it had one of those silicone cases on it. Maybe there is silicone in the paint. Anyway, I had pretty much already decided against the Minikin in gold but I might NEED it in another color. ;) I like it that much! I did decide that the chrome Minikins in gold, rainbow, etc. would be bad for my OCD side - fingerprints everywhere. LOL

If I have trouble wicking the Petri, I will page you. Thanks for the offer. Each RTA is different and I can always use help.

Last edited:

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
The Dotmod Petri clone that I bought on Ebay and was shipped from China arrived today. It is quite pretty. I am so relieved it arrived after the fiasco with the incorrect tracking number. If I like it once it is coiled and wicked, this will be my best ever vape bargain.

9094bb762b66dcbe136617a82310baee.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread