Status
Not open for further replies.

Limoncello

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2009
oHIo
EXHIBIT A:
UPS: Tracking Information

Only 5.5 weeks so far ... I'm guessing, 4 months and 3 days until 1) sent back 2) received ....

bets anyone ??? :)
I can't seem to get this visual out of my mind: A worker standing at the scan code reader just pushing the box back and forth and back and forth and back---day in and day out, day in and day out.............crazy stuff.
I am betting 3 months..lucky number :)

I have an EMS order that just disappeared off the face of the earth last week. Hoping it shows up as a surprise at my door from USPS. The tracking is either crazy like Steve's or non existent like mine :(
Rita

Letzin Hale

Moved On
Dec 28, 2008
This is insane Cash! Am I reading this correctly? That UPS has turned your items over to customs after they were already in the states? If this is the case, I would certainly never use UPS to move anything! I am keeping my fingers crossed that you will be getting all your items released next week. Hopefully the judge with the SE/FDA lawsuit will order a release of all seized items until further investigation? Good luck!

If UPS are the brokering company, they will have a bonded warehouse into which goods are transferred before being inspected by customs. It's normal procedure as someone has to accept delivery into the country on behalf of the customer. UPS and DHL have problems with Hong Kong customs at the moment and some companies are using EMS who use different routes but can take 5-7 days longer. I find it strange that HK is restricting Chinese exports by refusing them passage through their airport. Looking at the events in date order for Cash's shipment, I would guess that the parcels are being held under investigation and will probably be refused. It can take some time to get a decision, 6 weeks would not be considered unusual at LAX, and that is probably the same for most airports. Any items arriving listed as 'gift' that are discovered to be ecigs will mean that more packages from China labelled as such come in for closer scrutiny and clog the system up.
Alan.

nitewriter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Hendersonville Tennessee
EXHIBIT A:
UPS: Tracking Information

Only 5.5 weeks so far ... I'm guessing, 4 months and 3 days until 1) sent back 2) received ....

bets anyone ??? :)

Is there a free Prodigy to whoever guesses correctly??? :D

I say you'll get 1/3 of your order in 3 months and 3 days. That will be July 3. (7&3 are my lucky numbers)

The other 2/3 will be up in a cloud somewhere by then. ...Lucky ... customs workers! :grr:

eplanet

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
the smoking everywhere vs the FDA court case part 2 is today, so If they get their seized shipments released it open the door for everyone else, however the FDA is going to make their statement on ecigs June 9th, that is the biggest hurdle yet. If they just outright ban the product we are all doomed...

pieceofjess

May 13, 2009
My husband ordered the njoy Starter Kit from Costco a few weeks ago and after over a week of not getting the package, Costco sent an email saying it was backordered and would be delayed another week.
A few days went by and we get another email saying the FDA seized the ecigs and got our money back.
Such a crappy time for him to start esmoking, I guess.
Just really sick of paying 7+ a pack over here.
My mom got the NJOY kit and really enjoys (haha) it, and we were really looking forward to getting it as well.
Just really disgusted with this situation.

pieceofjess

May 13, 2009
May 4, 2009

RE: Costco.com Order Status
Order Number: 44859534

Dear XXXXXX,

Thank you for ordering the Njoy Starter Kit with Cartridges (Item # 375053) from costco

We apologize for the delays in processing your order. Due to recent interest in the Electronic Cigarette Category by the FDA, inventory from our supplier has been held by the FDA leaving us without product to fulfill your order. At this time, we are cancelling your order as we do not have a date on when it might ship. Your credit card has not been charged for this item.

Please continue to check our site for this product in the near future.

We value you as a customer and appreciate your business. If you should have additional questions and/or concerns, please contact ----- or call our customer service center at 1-800-955-2292.

Sincerely,

Costco.com Customer Service

JennFL5366

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2009
Pinellas Park
if you go to the njoy website there is a link to where to buy you should be able to get them at any truck stop...kangaroo,flying j, my hubs bought 2 at one a few months back now if they are being seized and not coming in you may be able to call and find one that still is selling them. but that is about your best bet on the njoy. i would recommend searching the forums here and finding a good us company that has product right now. there are a few.....

Txrider

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
As a USPS employee I can say that you're right on the money. We still deliver cigarettes from other countries everyday, we don't open or inspect (only Postal Inspectors can do that, and theyre pretty busy).....

And, customs usually ignores USPS packages compared to UPS or DHL.

As for the poster who talked about Dallas/Fort Worth area, management in that district is notoriously bad, the packages will turn up, its unusual, but they are especially bad there at the top.....

I live in that area, got 2 shipments in under 7 days from China, several cigs and juice. No problems.

Both delivered through USPS.

Txrider

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
the smoking everywhere vs the FDA court case part 2 is today, so If they get their seized shipments released it open the door for everyone else, however the FDA is going to make their statement on ecigs June 9th, that is the biggest hurdle yet. If they just outright ban the product we are all doomed...

Not I, I have no problem not complying with an FDA ban. Though prices will likely go up as they do on prohibited items.

allure

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Lake Forest,CA
May 4, 2009

RE: Costco.com Order Status
Order Number: 44859534

Dear XXXXXX,

Thank you for ordering the Njoy Starter Kit with Cartridges (Item # 375053) from costco

We apologize for the delays in processing your order. Due to recent interest in the Electronic Cigarette Category by the FDA, inventory from our supplier has been held by the FDA leaving us without product to fulfill your order. At this time, we are cancelling your order as we do not have a date on when it might ship. Your credit card has not been charged for this item.

Please continue to check our site for this product in the near future.

We value you as a customer and appreciate your business. If you should have additional questions and/or concerns, please contact ----- or call our customer service center at 1-800-955-2292.

Sincerely,

Costco.com Customer Service
I got my kit in last week of April from costco. One battery and atomizer are dead, I called up njoy but no reply. Now I have to return it to costco.

Rebel

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2009
Ohio
www.vcignature.com
20X DSE 901, Black, Blue LED Ordered 5/7/2009

Shipped EMS into U.S. Labeled "Personal Gitfts" "US$25.00".

Status USPS.com.......

Inbound Into Customs
Inbound International Arrival, May 11, 2009, 9:26 pm, ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS)
Origin Post is Preparing Shipment
Foreign International Dispatch, May 10, 2009, 4:04 am, SHANGHAI EMS, CHINA PEOPLES REP
Foreign Acceptance, May 09, 2009, 4:50 pm

Limbo.... Feel free to advise on how to see whats going on. I would apprecieate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread