Status
Not open for further replies.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
Try a NarDA. I am big fan of Derringer for flavor, but I have a NarDA on the way. Same small profile, supposedly even better flavor than the Derringer. Both can be built single coil.
I'll keep my eyes peeled for a deal. I did get two Derringers but thought another type maybe good to try in my stash :)

Last edited:

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
It just struck me that if the deeming would have happened two years ago, we probably would have spent just as much for far less choices. In that way, it has at least let each of us stock up on many types of setups that serve our individual tastes. A small silver lining.

Haktuspit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Feb 13, 2013
    Denver, CO
    It just struck me that if the deeming would have happened two years ago, we probably would have spent just as much for far less choices. In that way, it has at least let each of us stock up on many types of setups that serve our individual tastes. A small silver lining.

To be quite fair my buddy has been vaping since 2007 and was the guy that pushed me onto e-cigs. He said this is about the third "FDA vapeocalypse" so I would imagine there's plenty of people out there with piles of 901 junk. I'm stocking whatever I can and pinching pennies to do it hoping this goes the way of all the rest (struck down in federal court because it makes no sense whatsoever and judges don't like things that unconstitutionally make no sense whatsoever). Hopefully nothing happens and my stuff is still useful rather than can't get anything and it's all I have.

Reactions: bnrkwest

mostlyclassics

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    To be quite fair my buddy has been vaping since 2007 and was the guy that pushed me onto e-cigs. He said this is about the third "FDA vapeocalypse" so I would imagine there's plenty of people out there with piles of 901 junk.

I missed the first vapeocalypse, but I was around for the 2014 one. So I have a bunch of Vision Vivi Novas (plus parts), Vamos, and 2014-vintage high-test nicotine in my stash.

Better safe than sorry. (The Vamos are all in baggies with silica-gel packets, so hopefully they'll last in storage. In constant use, that's another story.)

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 6, 2011
    Somewhere out there
    I agree, there is so much to choose from and most of it on sale too!

grandmato5

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 30, 2010
    WNY
    To be quite fair my buddy has been vaping since 2007 and was the guy that pushed me onto e-cigs. He said this is about the third "FDA vapeocalypse" so I would imagine there's plenty of people out there with piles of 901 junk. I'm stocking whatever I can and pinching pennies to do it hoping this goes the way of all the rest (struck down in federal court because it makes no sense whatsoever and judges don't like things that unconstitutionally make no sense whatsoever). Hopefully nothing happens and my stuff is still useful rather than can't get anything and it's all I have.

Yes, there's much more choice today and generally speaking things cost less today then they did in the past. :)

The whole concept of easily rebuildable atty's for drippers and tanks makes longevity a reality which was a major concern back in 2009/2010 when there was little that the average person was going to be able to rebuild to use as an atty so we had to stock up on cartos and/or 510 attys (or 808's or 901's). Those things couldn't be found as cheap as we can find the same things today and one was gonna need ALOT if they wanted to keep vaping for very many years. We were also being told that nic would only last a couple years in the freezer but now we know it last much longer then that. :) Our mechanicals would have lasted us a long time so honestly we would have been fine as far as a mod to vape with but just much less variety then we have today in mechanicals. We didn't have subohming obviously, BUT we didn't know we needed it either ;)

We've come a LONG way in a few years. :thumbs:

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 6, 2011
    Somewhere out there
    Yes, there's much more choice today and generally speaking things cost less today then they did in the past. :)

The whole concept of easily rebuildable atty's for drippers and tanks makes longevity a reality which was a major concern back in 2009/2010 when there was little that the average person was going to be able to rebuild to use as an atty so we had to stock up on cartos and/or 510 attys (or 808's or 901's). Those things couldn't be found as cheap as we can find the same things today and one was gonna need ALOT if they wanted to keep vaping for very many years. We were also being told that nic would only last a couple years in the freezer but now we know it last much longer then that. :) Our mechanicals would have lasted us a long time so honestly we would have been fine as far as a mod to vape with but just much less variety then we have today in mechanicals. We didn't have subohming obviously, BUT we didn't know we needed it either ;)

We've come a LONG way in a few years. :thumbs:
    Yes I remember people stocked up on cartos, hundreds of them. I did not stock up too much back then but had some nic in the freezer, I am much better prepared now! There were some posts on how to rebuild a carto into a drip atty if I remember right. Or at least pull out the cotton and make a drip atty :)

Last edited:

grandmato5

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 30, 2010
    WNY
    I found the rebuilding carto thread, this may come in handy during Dark Ages of Vape :)
    Carto rebuild These were the adventurers that made rebuilding a possibility, thank you early EFC modders :) Such ingenuity!

Yep, without those early modders we wouldn't be where we are today. There were a lot of growing pains to endure but they were all worth it. We owe them a huge debt :wub: :)

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 6, 2011
    Somewhere out there
    Yep, without those early modders we wouldn't be where we are today. There were a lot of growing pains to endure but they were all worth it. We owe them a huge debt :wub: :)
    We sure do! When I first came to ECF there was so much building going on it was amazing, then rebuilding atty's because some day FDA would come down on us, their foresight has saved us for this very event! Thank you modders! :toast::party::headbang::vapor::thumbs:

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Doh! I was unable to order earlier b/c the PayPal credit I had was not accepted at Nude Nicotine. Currently have 1 gallon of 100mg/ml, 4 - 500ml(due for delivery on 25th) and 16 - 125ml(due for delivery on 27th), all sitting in a UPS depot with the heat hovering around 100F.

Anyone have any "calming" words of wisdom for me? :facepalm:

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 6, 2011
    Somewhere out there
    Doh! I was unable to order earlier b/c the PayPal credit I had was not accepted at Nude Nicotine. Currently have 1 gallon of 100mg/ml, 4 - 500ml(due for delivery on 25th) and 16 - 125ml(due for delivery on 27th), all sitting in a UPS depot with the heat hovering around 100F.

Darn! So sorry!

Reactions: Tommy-Chi

Rt1Rebel

ECF Veteran
    Mar 28, 2014
    Severna Park MD
    I still have only a vague idea as to what and when things will become completely unattainable. I'm assuming that we will always be able to get the following, or at least for quite awhile, will we?

--18650 batteries/chargers
    --Flavorings
    --PG and PV
    --Kanthal wire and cotton

Will this website keep operating? Will youtube how-to vids?

I'm pretty well stocked on nic, tanks, coils, special chargers, built-in battery units, and to some degree PG/PV and flavors, but I always want some more!

Last edited:

Vandal

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2009
    NE Ohio
    I thought I would see more sales for this weekend, so far fairly quiet!
    I'm wondering what the first week in August might be like for sales...

I see no reason, @Rt1Rebel, that this site would cease operating. I think I read they have every intention of remaining open. I had wondered the same about the YouTube vids, and someone suggested to me to download the vids I wanted. I hope they aren't eliminated since there may be some I'll need and just don't know it yet.

People are assuming the items you listed will always be available. I hope they are right. I'm not stocking up on those.

grandmato5

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 30, 2010
    WNY

Your nic will be fine :) Remember its not getting air and its not seeing light. What gets talked about around here often is the optimum conditions: no heat, no light, no air. Or in other words, perfect conditions. Though my vaping years my nic has not "always" had perfect conditions 100% of the time and its all been just fine. :) IMHO we sometimes we get too carried away worried about perfect conditions for our nic and it really isn't necessary.

Go buy a new vaping toy, you'll feel better ! :p :D

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 11, 2015
    I'm wondering what the first week in August might be like for sales...

I see no reason, @Rt1Rebel, that this site would cease operating. I think I read they have every intention of remaining open. I had wondered the same about the YouTube vids, and someone suggested to me to download the vids I wanted. I hope they aren't eliminated since there may be some I'll need and just don't know it yet.

People are assuming the items you listed will always be available. I hope they are right. I'm not stocking up on those.
    I download videos for my RTAs as a reference and some for rebuilding stock coils.

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 3, 2014
    United States
    Better safe than sorry. (The Vamos are all in baggies with silica-gel packets, so hopefully they'll last in storage. In constant use, that's another story.)
    Sure better safe than sorry.
    But I was trying to clean my garage about a month ago, found a double deck recorder, 30 years old, plugged it in, and it worked. It's still in my garage. I just cannot through it away. And - no silicagel, and it was in not air conditioning garage. Not at the best storing conditions.
    I am a lazy alien, I will not bother myself with silicagel. I have not seen any corrosion on my appliances, like bread maker (20 years old), coffee (now spice) grinder 25 year old, etc.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread