Shortened breath

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flareskittles

Mar 24, 2017
Hello, I bought a pico dual about 1 week ago and every time I take a hit, it burns my through and hurts to take another drag, I used to smoke cigarettes but not too much and was hoping to quit. I have tried many different juices all have flavours and one has a low pg and high vg but it still didn't help. Is there any way I would be able to fix this?

Last edited:

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
Vaping is not like smoking.... its very different chemical wise. It takes time to readjust to a new type of "irritant" being inhaled.
Try dual using ( vape some smoke some) and eventually cross over to vaping alone... it can take quite some time for some of us to make the transition... took me 6 months. :)

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hello, I bought a pico dual about 1 week ago and every time I take a hit, it burns my through and hurts to take another drag, I used to smoke cigarettes but not too much and was hoping to quit. I have tried many different juices all have flavours and one has a low pg and high vg but it still didn't help. Is there any way I would be able to fix this?
Welcome and glad you joined. Could try vaping pure VG or pure PG and see if this solves problem. Then, add one element back (like nicotine) at a time till you find the problem.
Might like to read:
http://diyordievaping.com/2016/02/26/why-is-my-ejuice-harsh-beginner-diy-ejuice-tips/

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    You are at a disadvantage if vaping on your own and you don't know what is a good vape and what isn't yet. Of course you could also just be reacting poorly as suggested. If you bought it at a vape shop they should be able to help you, unless their preferences are too different from what yours are/would be if you had any. You could have it set wrong such as too high power or wrong mode. You may have needed to prime the coil. If it has a harsh, acrid taste, not just hot, don't use until fixed. Or you could be finding that the included Melo III atomizer is a horrible overpowered piece of junk.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    Thank you yes sorry I got auto corrected, I meant pico dual I will reply in a couple of days with more informations such as what mod I use etc entirely my fault. Thank you for such a fast reply

Too high a wattage could do it.. I personally vape at only 11 watts.. your using a device that goes up to 200watts.. so your wattage might be way way too high.. it would be nice to know, when you have time, to tell us at what wattage are you vaping at?

Another thing that is terribly hard on your throat, is nicotine itself.. at higher wattages you cannot vape higher nicotine without it being way too hard on your throat.. most people who can deal with high watt vaping, use a nicotine level of 3mg or at the very most 6mg.

Another thing is the level of pg your using, I personally use max vg e liquid, because pg is way too much of an irritant for me, but I fall more toward having an allergy/allergic reaction to it, which is found with some commonality in vaping.. you might also like to try max vg and see if this helps you..

But us knowing the facts of what your vaping (wattage/ejuice) will help us all to help you better! :) looking forward to hearing from you soon so we can get you set up a little better!

Reactions: SnapDragon NY
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread