shortness of breath after 3 months of vaping

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by StealthVap'n, Jan 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. StealthVap'n

StealthVap'n Full Member

I started vaping 3 months ago and recently I have noticed if I chain vape I get short of breath and cough more. I don't think it's an allergic reaction and I haven't changed vendors yet (trying that tonight). I did recently get a a sigelei legend and love it...could it be that I'm just getting more vapor now vs using my ego? thoughts?

2. omyeyes

omyeyes Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I don't understand the shortness of breath but the coughing makes me think your nic level is too high. If you're going to chain, come down a few levels. I'm vaping 6 months and I don't get shortness of breath anymore.

3. shabutii

shabutii Full Member

could be a lot of things...
    1. some juices ie cinnamon can make you cough
    2. if your suddenly using a new more powerful battery = more smoke = more flavor = more nicotine can make you cough

give us some more details :)

4. Kuljit

Kuljit Moved On

I quit smoking completely 3 weeks ago and have been vaping semi-heavily. Having less of an issue with breathing than before. Is this a new development or have you had breathing issues before?

5. esse

esse Full Member

This sounds right. I've been going 6 12 and 18 and the higher up, gets a bit of cough. Also, I'd understand what you mean by short of breath if it's from constriction of throat/lung, but not in the sense that a smoker has shortness of breath

6. T0rtitude

T0rtitude Senior Member ECF Veteran

VG can be quite heavy on the chest and make you feel as though you're short of breath.

7. StealthVap'n

StealthVap'n Full Member

yes...when I upgraded to the legend the batteries, watts, etc got bigger stronger faster....I know it could be anything. it's more if I take a deep breath I will cough (that kind of shortness). I have always vaped 50/50 and I'm currently at 8 nicotine. I appreciate the quick responses. I'm going to open up 8 new liquids that came tonight and I'll report back.

8. StealthVap'n

StealthVap'n Full Member

sorry....yes it's a new development....I've been snowed in...chain vaping...maybe once I get back to my regular schedule it will pass.

9. AmandaD

AmandaD Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Shortness of breath is not something you want diagnosed by a forum :) Just sayin' - get a doctor's opinion!

10. omyeyes

Mom, is that you???

11. stevegmu

stevegmu Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Can't possibly be the nicotine. We all know it is harmless...

12. ccubed

ccubed Super Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Hi Steatlh. Good to see you in the forum. I hope you get it figured out quickly, but my vote is with Amanda. The coughing can be from a variety of changes because I have experienced that after a couple of months of vaping with some juices. Have also had a constriction in throat area from some juices, but it doesn't last and is different from being short of breath. Shortness of breath is something else and getting a professional opinion may be a good thing to do if it persists more than a couple of days.

Hope you feel better.

13. StealthVap'n

StealthVap'n Full Member

it's all good everyone....it's not like I can't make it up a flight of stairs or anything. I just tried out about 8 flavors from mt baker without a hitch. I guess "shortness of breath" does sound a little harsh. I appreciate the feedback I was just curious of other people's reactions after a few months vaping and after using new mods.

14. omyeyes

I'm tellin' ya, lighten up on the nic level. :p
    Where are you in NY??

15. AmandaD

AmandaD Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Indeed it is:D And I agree, ighten up on the nic perhaps (while you make that doctors appointment LOL). In truth the one and only time I ever vaped Boba's Bounty I coughed so much I felt sick and very heavy in the chest. It's always possible you're sensitive to an ingredient in one of the juces you're vaping. I think something in BB disagrees with me!

16. StealthVap'n

StealthVap'n Full Member

I'm using 6 now (down from 12) and like I said I've had no issues. Thanks guys.

17. StealthVap'n

StealthVap'n Full Member

I'm in Dutchess county..like an from NYC...

18. LoveVanilla

LoveVanilla Ultra Member ECF Veteran

That's how I'd describe my experience with PG heavy juice. Maybe try a sampler of 100% VG for a couple days? Worked for me. I notice if over ~20% PG.

19. Subdivisions

Subdivisions Super Member ECF Veteran

Nicotine is not harmless, it constricts blood vessels causing lack of oxygen in areas of the body and also causes increased heart rate and increased blood pressure.

20. BillyWJ

BillyWJ Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Your lungs might just be tired. They are an active part of vaping, after all. I know my lungs were sore a couple times after I started.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.