Status
Not open for further replies.

Dakota Jim

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
in a warehouse buried near Univille SD
chain vaping because you are snowed in huh? Are you drinking enough water to keep hydrated? I get short of breath and cough when I skip hydrating when I chain vape (which is most of the time) and it is worse now with my kayfun lite+ because it is so much more efficient at creating vapor (along the lines of your mod upgrade)

or maybe you are just wearing yourself out shaking your mod to adjust it :)

Last summer I used the electronic cig for three months and quit regular smoking during that time. I regularly exercised before, during, and after my e-cig trial. a few weeks into using the vape, I noticed tightness in my chest that would persist whenever I exerted myself in any way. I could barely jog a quarter mile without feeling winded, with a burning sensation in my chest. These symptoms had been totally nonexistent before I used the vape, despite my frequent smoking. I regularly ran 3 or more miles without stopping. At first I did not attribute the breathing problems to the vape; I was certain the opposite would be true. My symptoms become very troubling, and other things like migraines, achiness and stiffness developed concurrently. I didn't know what to make of it all, and I considered disorders from Lyme's disease to fibromyalgia to COPD. That's how bad it was. As chance would have it, I picked up cigarettes again after three months, and within a matter of days I noticed that the burning shortness of breath was absent when I ran. The other symptoms soon also dissappeared, though I did not connect the dots till just recently in terms of the timeline of the events. All of the above mentioned symptoms have not returned in the 8 months since. I have continued to smoke cigarettes during this time, but I would still like to quit them. I'm not saying that cigarettes are good for you, or that e - cigs were solely responsible for what I experienced. However, after reading many of the posts in this blog, It's difficult to draw any other conclusion.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Can't possibly be the nicotine. We all know it is harmless...

Nicotine is not harmless, it constricts blood vessels causing lack of oxygen in areas of the body and also causes increased heart rate and increased blood pressure.

You don't know Steve well enough to appreciate his sarcastic side. (I do...)

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Last summer I used the electronic cig for three months and quit regular smoking during that time. I regularly exercised before, during, and after my e-cig trial. a few weeks into using the vape, I noticed tightness in my chest that would persist whenever I exerted myself in any way. I could barely jog a quarter mile without feeling winded, with a burning sensation in my chest. These symptoms had been totally nonexistent before I used the vape, despite my frequent smoking. I regularly ran 3 or more miles without stopping. At first I did not attribute the breathing problems to the vape; I was certain the opposite would be true. My symptoms become very troubling, and other things like migraines, achiness and stiffness developed concurrently. I didn't know what to make of it all, and I considered disorders from Lyme's disease to fibromyalgia to COPD. That's how bad it was. As chance would have it, I picked up cigarettes again after three months, and within a matter of days I noticed that the burning shortness of breath was absent when I ran. The other symptoms soon also dissappeared, though I did not connect the dots till just recently in terms of the timeline of the events. All of the above mentioned symptoms have not returned in the 8 months since. I have continued to smoke cigarettes during this time, but I would still like to quit them. I'm not saying that cigarettes are good for you, or that e - cigs were solely responsible for what I experienced. However, after reading many of the posts in this blog, It's difficult to draw any other conclusion.

Hi

For most people experiencing that many possible symptoms - especially and including intense headaches - that commonly represents an allergic reaction. The most typical problem would be an allergic reaction to PG, although there are a smaller percentage of people who have allergic reaction to VG as well.

The fastest way to determine what is going on is to get unflavored liquid in your usual nic strength, one in 100 PG and one in 100 VG and try them out. A bad reaction such as a headache comes on very rapidly for most people if they are going to have an adverse reaction. I'm betting it's the PG you have a problem with. Your solution is to avoid the one you have a problem with. I'm allergic to PG so I have to vape 100 VG liquids.

If you have no bad reaction to either unflavored version then there was some flavoring component in your previous liquids you may have been having an allergic reaction to.

jackiejunque

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2010
Coldwater, MI
I consider myself a heavy vapor. Vaping got me off the 2 pack a day cigs after 47 years of smoking. Yet I too have increasing shortness of breath. I see a Pulmonologist but so far even he can't figure out why I'm so short of breath after the most minor of exertion. Do people really think it could be the flavoring I;m allergic too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread