Should Children be Allowed to Buy e-Liquids that contain Nicotine?

Should there be an Age Limit to Buy e-Liquids that contain Nicotine?

• I believe you should be an Adult (18 Years or Older) to Buy e-Liquids that contain Nicotine.

• I believe Anyone at Any Age should be able to Buy e-Liquids that contain Nicotine.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Caro123

Apr 11, 2015
Nova Scotia
Underage smokers don't vape to quit smoking; they vape for a buzz, because they can without being caught as easy as smoking, or to blow clouds...
I guess that depends on the underage smokers one is talking about - the drug detox facility for teens 12 to 18 remove these kids from their programs if they are caught smoking - such is the shortsightedness of the armies lined up against vaping so unfortunately I believe these underage kids need to be allowed to vape

Reactions: AndriaD

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
I guess that depends on the underage smokers one is talking about - the drug detox facility for teens 12 to 18 remove these kids from their programs if they are caught smoking - such is the shortsightedness of the armies lined up against vaping so unfortunately I believe these underage kids need to be allowed to vape

Those kids have much larger problems than not being able to vape...

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Underage smokers don't vape to quit smoking; they vape for a buzz, because they can without being caught as easy as smoking, or to blow clouds...

Unfortunately, probable Many more do this than to Quit Smoking.

It's Sad how many Underage Smokers don't want to Quit. If they Only Knew what those of us who Smoked for Years Know.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California

It's Sad how many Underage Smokers don't want to Quit. If they Only Knew what those of us who Smoked for Years Know.

If they vape to quit smoking, or they vape instead of smoking because it's easier/better/less likely to get them in trouble, is there a difference?

Reactions: KattMamma

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
If they vape to quit smoking, or they vape instead of smoking because it's easier/better/less likely to get them in trouble, is there a difference?

It sometimes just gets down to Numbers.

If someone believes that Nicotine May Impair things like Brain Development in an Adolescent, then they must make Decisions about how many May Be Benefited if they Switched to e-Cigarettes from Smoking? And How Many Would Actually Switch?

Verses How Many May be Harmed by Vaping that Wouldn't have been if it had been Illegal for them to Purchase it?

None of these Questions and Scenarios that have been Brought up Here in this Thread have Black and White Answers. The Answer is, to Me, more about What Group Benefits the Most verses what Group does Not Benefit.

And BTW - I'm not going to Go Around and Around in this Thread again. I have done my Share of Posting here.

Spidey2011

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2014
Baker, MT
You can't put all of them into that camp. I knew several young smokers that were trying to get off of them, but suffered from the same problems that most of us here did when trying to quit. Just because some might abuse it, doesn't mean those that can actually benefit from it should be punished.

It's the same thing we deal with on so many other issues. We can't allow a few people who will abuse or misuse something to dictate how we treat something across the board.

Caro123

Apr 11, 2015
Nova Scotia
Well, perhaps it should be classified as a medical product...
vaping or nicotine as medical product? Nicotine is given out in patches and gums like candy here in Canada BUT it is very ineffective as a tobacco replacement whether you are 15 or 60 and nicotine (or a derivative) or its derivative is already marketed as a medical product and used in pill form for treatment to Alzheimer's patients the issue is how can the government rationalize and justify taxation re vaping /vaping as a nicotine delivery system and by confining legal use to 18 one provides the reason for taxation

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
vaping or nicotine as medical product? Nicotine is given out in patches and gums like candy here in Canada BUT it is very ineffective as a tobacco replacement whether you are 15 or 60 and nicotine (or a derivative) or its derivative is already marketed as a medical product and used in pill form for treatment to Alzheimer's patients the issue is how can the government rationalize and justify taxation re vaping /vaping as a nicotine delivery system and by confining legal use to 18 one provides the reason for taxation

The kids you spoke of to justify no age restrictions have serious problems. They obviously need medical attention, not a vape...

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com

One of the hardest lessons I've had to learn as a parent is that no matter what hard-won wisdom one has acquired, it can't be passed along in any certain fashion -- you can't immunize kids against making bad choices; they have to learn for themselves what things are unwise, and usually by the time they learn, it's too late -- which is why I think they should be allowed to vape; the potential of "becoming a slave to nicotine" is so much lower, if they haven't smoked before vaping. So that when they're 18 or 20 and decide it's stupid, it's much easier to get rid of, than a smoking habit.

Andria

Caro123

Apr 11, 2015
Nova Scotia
The kids you spoke of to justify no age restrictions have serious problems. They obviously need medical attention, not a vape...
yes they do, However, like I said when in detox they are evicted or removed from the program if they use any illegal substance and tobacco is "an illegal to them substance " that is why I stand on my feelings and thoughts regarding NOT making vaping illegal to those under 18.

The vaping community, because of fear, or dare I say shortsightedness, has already decided to restrict sites and sales to those over 18. I believe it was not a wise or well thought out decision -unless it was a decision done to not only appease the powers that be ie the FDA but also to consciously or unconsciously open the doors to taxation. I have no control over this of course but I feel it is important.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
That's their choice then. So be it. They weren't ready to quit their substance nor ready for help. If they are locked up in treatment and smoke cigarettes, there is a problem with the facility...

If it is about taxation, then tax e cigs and have no age limits. The money argument conspiracies are a bit of a joke to me. It comes down to an activity which looks like smoking and smoking is seen as an adult activity...

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
One of the hardest lessons I've had to learn as a parent is that no matter what hard-won wisdom one has acquired, it can't be passed along in any certain fashion -- you can't immunize kids against making bad choices; they have to learn for themselves what things are unwise, and usually by the time they learn, it's too late -- which is why I think they should be allowed to vape; the potential of "becoming a slave to nicotine" is so much lower, if they haven't smoked before vaping. So that when they're 18 or 20 and decide it's stupid, it's much easier to get rid of, than a smoking habit.

Andria

So besides these Kids who Smoke, do you have any Concerns for the Ones who Don't Smoke? But would be Tempted to use e-Cigarettes if they were Legal?

And which do you think would be the Larger Group?

Kids who Currently Smoke and then Switch to e-Cigarettes

or

Kids who Don't Smoke But use e-Cigarettes?

Caro123

Apr 11, 2015
Nova Scotia
That's their choice then. So be it. They weren't ready to quit their substance nor ready for help. If they are locked up in treatment and smoke cigarettes, there is a problem with the facility...
tobacco control is tobacco control and affects all society including the lost and or homeless children but my friend it is a small point still it is a point I would have preferred the vaping community not acquiesce in order to "save the vape" or mitigate the restrictions on the vape etc. but who am I to know, perhaps vaping or alternative nicotine delivery is a game that has been playing out for a very long time.

Vaping will have an age restriction, not because of wisdom or justice to the teens, but because it will be mandatory to do so in order to rationalize and justify taxation. I believe it is called a win win except the lost children those pubescent teens lose of course.

Spidey2011

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2014
Baker, MT
So besides these Kids who Smoke, do you have any Concerns for the Ones who Don't Smoke? But would be Tempted to use e-Cigarettes if they were Legal?

or

Does it really matter? Cigarettes, alcohol, and drugs are illegal. Doesn't stop the ones that want to abuse them from getting them. Again, it all falls back to parenting.

Caro123

Apr 11, 2015
Nova Scotia

or

a little like the question your father and your sister fell out of a boat who do you save in my opinion by restricting to over 18 you make both nicotine delivery via vape and nicotine delivery via tobacco on equal ground well actually I guess you don't tobacco smoking will initially be cheaper than vaping

Reactions: KattMamma

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com

or

I think it would actually be far better for kids to never smoke, but vape instead -- if they were interested in smoking but decided to vape instead because a) it's way cooler, ;) and b) it doesn't stink so bad, leave such a tell-tale aroma to get them into trouble... I think that would be great! See my previous post -- easier to get free of, later when they decide it's just dumb, than cigarettes -- I started smoking at 13, and started trying to quit at 23 -- without success! And it's not nearly as bad for them as smoking, even IF there is ANY risk.. it's so much less than smoking! At least a full order of magnitude, if not multiple orders of magnitude!

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread