Should Children be Allowed to Buy e-Liquids that contain Nicotine?

Should there be an Age Limit to Buy e-Liquids that contain Nicotine?

• I believe you should be an Adult (18 Years or Older) to Buy e-Liquids that contain Nicotine.

• I believe Anyone at Any Age should be able to Buy e-Liquids that contain Nicotine.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

caramel

Vaping Master
Dec 23, 2014
When the options are on the table, and I have to choose either age restrictions or closed systems, then I will consider a compromise. Until then, I'm not handing anything over.

I'd say you should never concede of something that you know to be Wrong. Even if you have to surrender to superior physical force, it should be made clear that you're doing it without admitting failure/wrongdoing on your side. Otherwise you're defeated for ever.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
I'd say you should never concede of something that you know to be Wrong. Even if you have to surrender to superior physical force, it should be made clear that you're doing it without admitting failure/wrongdoing on your side. Otherwise you're defeated for ever.
I did say consider.

Seigun

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2013
New Orleans, LA, USA
I'm terribly old school. I personally am gonna cast my vote for 18+ on handling eliquids...especially if there has to be a legal restriction on them. I'm a bit more lax on a personal and individual basis, though. I also ascribr to the, "I'm setting this rule, and I'm telling you why, but I sort of expect you to break it if you're clever enough not to mess up and get caught." mindset.

Reactions: DC2

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
When even glANTZ acknowledges that age restrictions do not do what they are intended to do:
"But banning e-cigarette sales to kids only makes teens want them more, says Stanton Glantz, a professor of tobacco control at the University of California-San Francisco."
http: //www .usatoday. com/story/news/2015/02/07/state-e-cigarette-bills/22364765/

You have to ask yourself, what is the rationale for having them? Could it possibly be a part of a justification for more sweeping regulations?

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Lessifer, you mean their is such a thing as a professor of tobacco control? Maybe I should go back to school. It sounds like an easy field for a master's degree.
Yes... he has created an entire industry out of smoker hate, it's no surprise he's so adamantly against something that truly has the potential to eradicate his lifelong passion. Ahab must be the one to kill the whale...

Jode

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2014
Seabrook, NH, USA
Not sure about the "passion" thing but it's certainly a good milk cow.

This has nothing o do with the above quote but I jus have to say that you are another poster I so love to read. You crack me up, shock me sometimes, and always entertain me and make me think. Thanks for being you.:w00t:

@Lessifer

Hi there :)

I just think that nicotine can be a strong addiction and believe that over 18's are able to make an informed choice. The poll asks if there should be an age limit in e-liquids that contain nicotine. There are plenty of nicotine free liquids that young people could use and enjoy vaping.

Reactions: Lessifer

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
@Lessifer

Hi there :)

I just think that nicotine can be a strong addiction and believe that over 18's are able to make an informed choice. The poll asks if there should be an age limit in e-liquids that contain nicotine. There are plenty of nicotine free liquids that young people could use and enjoy vaping.
Hi :) and thank you for replying. I agree that I was/am addicted to nicotine. Well, I don't think I'm as addicted as I was, since I don't seem to need as much of it. Have you read the more recent studies examining nicotine without tobacco? The evidence is pointing towards nicotine by itself not being nearly as addictive as people thought. Just food for thought.

This is a good read: Nicotine, the Wonder Drug? | DiscoverMagazine.com

Jode

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2014
Seabrook, NH, USA
^^^^ This also brings up a little quirk with the poll question as well. Since it is doubtful that any regulations would separate the 0mg e-liquid from the rest maybe some that pushed that :danger: yes button, may have chosen differently had there been a third option for 0mg. 3rd option Like; Would you feel the same about 0mg e-liquid? Once again, I stress that as long as things like OTC medicines, No Doz, and heavily sugared, caffeinated sodas can be purchased by all so should e-liquid. Having it available with no age restrictions does not necessarily equate to being easily used by minors. I believe most people (store clerks) would raise their brows and ask if a very young child (say 10)was purchasing a perceived adult product regardless of restriction. Not to mention that in MHO no child that young should be in a store unattended anyway. I see junior high kids carrying their D&D cups all over pretending to be adults but that seems common place today. I am not sure what happened to peoples common sense. So many are looking for the devil around every corner when in reality it has been playing with your children all along. Stop looking for others to watch and monitor your kids and take up an interest in what they are doing, who they are talking to, and what kinds of things they are sharing with the whole world in social networking. And if you know a boy or girl that seems to have parent that doesn't seem to care, be like that 60's, 70's neighborhood mom or dad and speak up. We seemed to have lost that community safety net we used to have because nobody wants anybody else to be in our business, but we feel it is okay to ask for blanket regulations that screw more then they help.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
^^^^ This also brings up a little quirk with the poll question as well. Since it is doubtful that any regulations would separate the 0mg e-liquid from the rest maybe some that pushed that :danger: yes button, may have chosen differently had there been a third option for 0mg. 3rd option Like; Would you feel the same about 0mg e-liquid? Once again, I stress that as long as things like OTC medicines, No Doz, and heavily sugared, caffeinated sodas can be purchased by all so should e-liquid. Having it available with no age restrictions does not necessarily equate to being easily used by minors. I believe most people (store clerks) would raise their brows and ask if a very young child (say 10)was purchasing a perceived adult product regardless of restriction. Not to mention that in MHO no child that young should be in a store unattended anyway. I see junior high kids carrying their D&D cups all over pretending to be adults but that seems common place today. I am not sure what happened to peoples common sense. So many are looking for the devil around every corner when in reality it has been playing with your children all along. Stop looking for others to watch and monitor your kids and take up an interest in what they are doing, who they are talking to, and what kinds of things they are sharing with the whole world in social networking. And if you know a boy or girl that seems to have parent that doesn't seem to care, be like that 60's, 70's neighborhood mom or dad and speak up. We seemed to have lost that community safety net we used to have because nobody wants anybody else to be in our business, but we feel it is okay to ask for blanket regulations that screw more then they help.

I think the Poll Question was Very Clear.

"Should there be an Age Limit to Buy e-Liquids that contain Nicotine?"

If someone wants to do a Poll that asks if there Should be an Age Limit to buy 0mg, that would be Great.

Jode

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2014
Seabrook, NH, USA
I think the Poll Question was Very Clear.

"Should there be an Age Limit to Buy e-Liquids that contain Nicotine?"

If someone wants to do a Poll that asks if there Should be an Age Limit to buy 0mg, that would be Great.

It's clear Zoid. I am not trying to pick apart the poll. It is an important question and I appreciate you asking it. I was just speculating that if results would be much different if there was a third option. Wasn't trying to derail, sorry. :oops:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
It's clear Zoid. I am not trying to pick apart the poll. It is an important question and I appreciate you asking it. I was just speculating that if results would be much different if there was a third option. Wasn't trying to derail, sorry. :oops:

No Worries Jode.

I Didn't want to Pollute the Results of this Poll by including a 3rd Option for 0mg.

Because asking a Specific Question in a Poll but then Allowing for a Non-Related Answer would Skew the Results of the Poll. And there would be No Way to Glean how an Individuals feels about the Actual Question being asked.

:)

Reactions: Jode
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread