FDA Should E-Cigarettes be regulated like a medicine? Such as nicotine patch, gums and inhalers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
Yeah... I've turned on about 2 Dozen Non-Vaper's to that Petition. And Most have Signed it.

I'm not sure why People would think that the FDA wouldn't feel they can Walk All Over Us? Last I checked, Nick Diaz's petition had more Signatures than Ours.

Lift the NSAC ban from MMA fighter Nick Diaz. | We the People: Your Voice in Our Government

That's sad too! Well it's not that surprising to me! Every vape shop I've entered in my area and in my hometown don't even mention the regulations. I usually bring it up and all have shrugged it off as though we'll be taxed and that's about it. They have no signs up, no pushing to sign petitions, nothing! So most vapers think everything is business as usual.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
That's sad too! Well it's not that surprising to me! Every vape shop I've entered in my area and in my hometown don't even mention the regulations. I usually bring it up and all have shrugged it off as though we'll be taxed and that's about it. They have no signs up, no pushing to sign petitions, nothing! So most vapers think everything is business as usual.

Yeah... The Level of Awareness in the Vape Shops I have been in, and with the Owners that I know is about a 1/2 Step up from Zero.

I posted this earlier in a Thread that had 150 Views.

Most people just don't care... Guess they think it'll never happen or won't effect them.

I think there are Many who Don't Care.

But I also feel that there would be Many More who would Care if they Know what was going on. And I think that Many B&M's and Online Retailers have Not Done much to spread the Word.

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Yeah... The Level of Awareness in the Vape Shops I have been in, and with the Owners that I know is about a 1/2 Step up from Zero.

I posted this earlier in a Thread that had 150 Views.

It's as thought they live in a bubble and can't see what's going on! I try to tell the vape shops I frequent but they don't seem to want to know. I'm sure that's not the case with some, but these regulations will hit them financially. I know at least one of the guys here in my town used all of his savings to open his shop. It's a really nice vape shop with a lounge and all. You'd think they'd be all over this!!! If I owned a vape shop I would be pushing everyone to do all they can. There would be signs posted all in my store. Every receipt would have information on it. I'd even give so much percent off if they signed petitions and mailed their representatives. I guess I'm dumbfounded at the lack of knowledge from people who should really be all over it.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
It's as thought they live in a bubble and can't see what's going on! I try to tell the vape shops I frequent but they don't seem to want to know. I'm sure that's not the case with some, but these regulations will hit them financially. I know at least one of the guys here in my town used all of his savings to open his shop. It's a really nice vape shop with a lounge and all. You'd think they'd be all over this!!! If I owned a vape shop I would be pushing everyone to do all they can. There would be signs posted all in my store. Every receipt would have information on it. I'd even give so much percent off if they signed petitions and mailed their representatives. I guess I'm dumbfounded at the lack of knowledge from people who should really be all over it.

Some Owners live in a Bubble. But Most, I believe, know Exactly what is going on.

Face it, Most B&M's know that they Aren't going to make it in a Regulated Market. So do they want to get their Customer Bases all Riled Up and Turned On to what is going on?

For What? So that People can Put Liters of Nicotine Base in their Freezers and learn how to do DIY?

B&M's don't make anything off Selling Hardware. They Make Money off Selling Flavored e-Liquids. Hell, I had one Owner tell me (Offsite) that he Fears DIY just as Much as He Fears the FDA.

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Some Owners live in a Bubble. But Most, I believe, know Exactly what is going on.

Face it, Most B&M's know that they Aren't going to make it in a Regulated Market. So do they want to get their Customer Bases all Riled Up and Turned On to what is going on?

For What? So that People can Put Liters of Nicotine Base in their Freezers and learn how to do DIY?

B&M's don't make anything off Selling Hardware. They Make Money off Selling Flavored e-Liquids. Hell, I had one Owner tell me (Offsite) that he Fears DIY just as Much as He Fears the FDA.

Very true indeed. I'd say you are right on the money! They look the other way on purpose. Their goal is to make as much money as they can while they can. Then they'll be on to another business venture with whatever profit they make from vaping. o_O

Reactions: zoiDman

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Very true indeed. I'd say you are right on the money! They look the other way on purpose. Their goal is to make as much money as they can while they can. Then they'll be on to another business venture with whatever profit they make from vaping. o_O

It's kinda a Double Edge Sword.

I mean, I can Understand someone wanting to Protect their Business. And also Long as they Don't Lie, and just say Nothing, well... I dunno?

But on the Other Hand, there is that Old say'n... "If you are Not Part of the Solution, then You are Part of the Problem."

If All this was just about Money, or Taxes, I could view it Differently. But e-Cigarettes aren't just about Monies. Or at Least they Shouldn't be.

Because e-Cigarettes are Viable Harm Reduction to Smoking. And a Lot of People Smoke. And a Lot of People Die Early from Smoking.

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
It's kinda a Double Edge Sword.

I mean, I can Understand someone wanting to Protect their Business. And also Long as they Don't Lie, and just say Nothing, well... I dunno?

But on the Other Hand, there is that Old say'n... "If you are Not Part of the Solution, then You are Part of the Problem."

If All this was just about Money, or Taxes, I could view it Differently. But e-Cigarettes aren't just about Monies. Or at Least they Shouldn't be.

Because e-Cigarettes are Viable Harm Reduction to Smoking. And a Lot of People Smoke. And a Lot of People Die Early from Smoking.

I think it's like biting the hand that feeds you! If they would have formed a coalition (all vape shops and manufacturers), and each donated a little they could have hired someone professional to lobby on their behalf. Instead, they stick their heads in the sand and make money. That seems more feasible....residual income.

Reactions: zoiDman

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I think it's like biting the hand that feeds you! If they would have formed a coalition (all vape shops and manufacturers), and each donated a little they could have hired someone professional to lobby on their behalf. Instead, they stick their heads in the sand and make money. That seems more feasible....residual income.

Yeah... I kinda thought that Sellers would Band together more in Trade Orgs. But that never seemed to gain much Traction.

Hey I don't see you Tomorrow, Hope you have a Great Thanksgiving. And have a Chance to spend so time with Family and Friends.

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Yeah... I kinda thought that Sellers would Band together more in Trade Orgs. But that never seemed to gain much Traction.

Hey I don't see you Tomorrow, Hope you have a Great Thanksgiving. And have a Chance to spend so time with Family and Friends.

Happy Thanksgiving to you too! I don't know if I will be on or not. I'm cooking at my house then traveling to my Mothers house for Thanksgiving there too. She's not cooking until Friday but I plan on leaving after dishes tomorrow. Family time.

Have fun and enjoy your Thanksgiving too!!

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
If vape shops fear DIY so much, why don't they offer their customers more options? At my nearest shop, the ONLY higher-PG selections they offer are Halo -- ICK! I don't like any of theirs! Everything else is 50/50 or more VG, which I just can't vape. For a while, I bought online, but even online, it's pretty slim pickins for those who want high PG -- at sweet-vapes I can get 80% PG, or 90% PG, but to get 85%, I have to buy both and mix them myself -- I just can't afford that. I had to start DIY so I could have the kind of ejuice that I require, and also be able to afford to have the ejuice I require! :facepalm:

If they don't want their customers to go to DIY, they need to offer more options!

Andria

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
If vape shops fear DIY so much, why don't they offer their customers more options? At my nearest shop, the ONLY higher-PG selections they offer are Halo -- ICK! I don't like any of theirs! Everything else is 50/50 or more VG, which I just can't vape. For a while, I bought online, but even online, it's pretty slim pickins for those who want high PG -- at sweet-vapes I can get 80% PG, or 90% PG, but to get 85%, I have to buy both and mix them myself -- I just can't afford that. I had to start DIY so I could have the kind of ejuice that I require, and also be able to afford to have the ejuice I require! :facepalm:

If they don't want their customers to go to DIY, they need to offer more options!

Andria

I didn't like any of Halo's juices either. All of their juices have this weird taste to it.

I agree they should try to offer more to a variety of users instead of a select group. It seems all vape shops are catering to sub ohm/ high VG/low nic vapers now days. I guess they think everybody sub ohms now.

I wanted to buy a new tank week before last. I went into 3 of my local vape shops. I wanted a new rebuild-able tank, something with an RBA section like the ones I have at home. Your options were limited. They sold any tank you wanted but only 1 of those had RBA sections. That tank didn't interested me. One store didn't carry any tanks with RBA sections. It's all about money. You buy a tank that takes stock coils and you have to return to buy coils. Needless to say I ordered online and got what I wanted.

Most of these vape shops aren't concerned with individual vape needs or they'd carry more options for a wide variety of vapers. They are geared toward what brings in the most money. The younger cloud chasers spend the most money so that's who they cater to. :yawn:

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA

Andria
Your need for high PG is rather unusual, meaning you're not going to find much on the shelf. Still, a good shop would happily make the exact PG/VG/Nic blend you want. The one I frequented certainly did so for anyone who wanted it. Still, that didn't stop me from slowly starting to take up DIY.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Your need for high PG is rather unusual, meaning you're not going to find much on the shelf. Still, a good shop would happily make the exact PG/VG/Nic blend you want. The one I frequented certainly did so for anyone who wanted it. Still, that didn't stop me from slowly starting to take up DIY.

Less common than high-VG maybe, but not really uncommon -- I've run into quite a few around here that use 80% PG and up -- some even at 90% or even 100% PG. But that shop doesn't do any mixing at all; they sell name-brands, and all of them except the icky Halo are at least 50% VG, but even Halo isn't high enough PG, even if I liked their flavors. But the main point against them, I've found, is that for tasting, they use clearos... from which I really can't taste anything at all. I understand the Cuttwood Unicorn Milk is very popular, and I tried it once when USPS wasn't bringing my flavors fast enough -- I couldn't taste it at all, and certainly it didn't taste like anything strawberry. I ended up buying Hard Rock Vapor Strawberry Fields -- from which I could at least taste a vague strawberry flavor. But I still had to add a bunch of PG and some off-brand strawberry flavoring, since it's 50/50. That was the last time I bought OR tasted any juice in that shop.

Andria

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread