Should I be cleaning my atomizers periodically?

Status
Not open for further replies.

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
For the past year I've cleaned and I've not cleaned. If the atty is really not performing then I put it in with some denture cleaner for a little while, rinse it and sit it out to use next time I need an atty. sometimes it works better, sometimes it doesn't.

I've seen it all.. Some people claim their method is the best and others claim different. I use denture cleaner cause it's cheap and easy and seems to work. I've heard dt coke works pretty good too but I've never had any in the house when I'm in the mood to clean an atty. I've heard a sonic cleaner works great ( I bought one at walmart for $15 and used it once before I took it back... couldn't tell if it worked any better than anything else and I needed the money)
Now as to dry burning... I have done it and it does work. but then I've heard others claim it shortens the life of the atty and/or doesn't work at all. I now use a LR901 and they work very good for a couple weeks. cleaned one with denture cleaner but haven't used it yet. I dry burned one once and it seemed to help. I can get them for $4 apiece (shipped) at vaporkings so if I can get even a couple weeks for $4 I feel that that's not too bad. Any more is icing.

If you do nothing else, at least blow them out once a day or so. I sometimes drip pure PG in mine for a few cycles and that seems to help also.

Maybe this helps you... maybe it doesn't (but I hope it does ;) )

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread