Travel and Vaping Should I Be Good To Go With What I'll Have In My Carry-On?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonnyB88

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Elgin, IL, USA
Flying Thursday night from Chicago to Phoenix. This will be my first flight as a vaper, and I'll only have a carry-on. I want to ensure that I'll be fine with everything I plan on bringing.

I understand that everything I'll be asking has been covered in other threads/stickies, but TSA rules & airline regulations are ever-changing it seems, so I just want to be sure that with the most current rules/laws/regulations, I won't have any issues.

In my carry on, I'll have:

-One REO Grand and one REO Mini without batteries inside, and with bone-dry empty juice bottles installed.
-Three battery cases with an AW IMR 18650 and 18490 in each.
-Nitecore Intellicharger i4 to include the wall plug.
-Bottles of DIY juice (not sure how many bottles I'll have, but I hear no more than 100mL total?)

The juice will be in an airline-approved ziplock bag with other toiletry liquids.
I just use handwritten labels on my juice. Should I be worried about that? I still have vendor bottles that I could wash out and fill with my own stuff if that would save me some trouble.
And is it actually a max of 100mL in the bag, or is it more/less?

On my person through security, I'll have an SVD with an 18650 in it and a full iClear 30 on top. The reason it wouldn't be in the bag is because I don't have any more battery cases and putting the battery somewhere safe in my bag, like wrapped in a sock (just through security), would be pretty suspicious looking (to me).

I definitely will not attempt to stealth vape or anything on the plane, so no worries there. :)

So, should I have any issues through security with everything I'll have with/on me?
Thanks so much in advance!

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Retired in Houston, Texas / USA
You should be OK. I carry much more than that every day in my computer case. Just make sure everything is packed neatly, and in cases when possible. I made cases for my gear from eyeglass cases from the dollar store and foam rubber from Michaels Craft Store.

The juice in baggie with other liquids goes through just fine. I carry 4 - 30ml with my other liquids.

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Retired in Houston, Texas / USA
You won't get through security with the SVD in your pocket. You will need to put it in a bin and the topper in the liquid bag. I wouldn't try to take liquids in bottles with hand written labels, but that's just me, they may make it through.

One thing further. I recommend putting the SVD neatly in the carry-on BEFORE reaching Security. If its placed in the bin, it may be questioned and delayed. A TSA e-cig user may feel the opportunity to cause a problem hoping it will be left behind, so he can take it. It does happen. You can remove it from the carry-on AFTER Security.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread