Should I get a Zmax a Vamo or an SVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotticus93

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
Yorktown, Virginia, United States
I am thinking about getting a new regulated device. I have owned ego twists before, but they have broke because I am rough on my equipment. I bought a mech mod and it has held up, but now I want a tough regulated device. I was looking into getting a vamo, but I hear if you drop it, it breaks and the threads are kind of wonky. For the SVD I heard it is tough, but the firing button tends to screw up on it. I have heard good things about the sigelei Zmax v3 and its a little more expensive at $40 on fasttech, but is that my best bet? The Vamo I am looking at goes up to 30W and the zmax only 15. But, its it the toughest device? What is y'alls opinion. Which mod should I get?

Last edited:

Tmebs

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2014
BFE, Illinois
I am thinking about getting a new regulated device. I have owned ego twists before, but they have broke because I am rough on my equipment. I bought a mech mod and it has held up, but now I want a tough regulated device. I was looking into getting a vamo, but I hear if you drop it, it breaks and the threads are kind of wonky. For the SVD I heard it is tough, but the firing button tends to screw up on it. I have heard good things about the sigelei Zmax v3 and its a little more expensive at $40 on fasttech, but is that my best bet? The Vamo I am looking at goes up to 30W and the zmax only 15. But, its it the toughest device? What is y'alls opinion. Which mod should I get?
Take a look at the Smok Z Max telescoping in stainless steel......bought one used almost a year ago ( first real mod after vision spinner ) and it is Heavy Duty! It is built like a tank and has taken more than a few tumbles and just keeps on vapeing away! Has al the bells and whistles that all the others have.... Good luck on your quest for the next step. Enjoy!

Millah

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2012
FL
Oh gotcha, yes then if you want something for that cheap then theres nothing wrong with the Hana clone. I just mentioned the SVD 2.0 because you said you wanted something durable, and the reliability of China cloned DNA boards is questionable. See if there's any discussions on the FT product page giving any feedback about that particular clone.

Scotticus93

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
Yorktown, Virginia, United States
i have seen good things about it. plus i have seen its replaceable. the board that is. though one would have to solder it back on to do so right? honestly i still got my mech mod and im about to get into rda's. any idea for a good first one. im looking at either a trident, mephisto, or stillare. my friend said get stillare, but apparently its only good to run dual coils on those and i heard its best to run single coil for your first few builds.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago

1: well I do hope you can get a kick for your mech, whatever else happens.
2: I've got a vamo3, a vamo5s control head (currently on a mech), and a sigelei zmax (I think it's a v1)
My sigelei zmax(1) seems to be one tough xxxxx. It's basically one solid piece of steel.
It's annoyingly susceptible to the problem of overtightening your 510 theaded tank causing a "Low Load" error, but I usually use an adapter on it, so I'm not screwing and unscrewing all the time.
It's also got a 1 button interface which is fine for experienced users.

Anyway mine is old and there's the newer versions: notably the higher wattage sigelei's are not called zmax; there's a sigelei50 and a sigelei100.

My main usage is on the vamos: having repaired my vamo3 twice already, I consider the vamos highly repairable; but if you're rough on your hardware, I wouldn't get a vamo.
The vamos have a convenient 3 button interface.

The svd is supposed to be pretty tough and it's got a 3 button interface.
There's rumour of an svd2

Toughest device? I'm thinking provari.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread