Should i start?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
The relaxing thing about smoking isn't the nicotine or the other chemicals that are in tobacco.. all that has the opposite effect. (Unless your adhd)

So what is relaxing about smoking is the fact you go somewhere quiet, sit down and take several large deep breaths over a period of several minutes, and just stop thinking/doing.

THAT'S something you don't need nicotine, vaping or smoking to achieve.. you do it without inhaling anything but air..

You can go out on your deck or wherever you used to smoke, and just sit and take some deep breaths, do deep breathing exercises and relax and don't think about anything.. :)

See if that works for you because THAT'S why smokers feel calmer.. (again, unless they are adhd)

Just go out and relax you say? What with no excuse?

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
What's kind of unnerving about the go outside and relax thing? I've been smoking a long time, and I have yet to run into someone I know stepping outside and relaxing and breathing. They do other stuff. Shopping. Go to Starbucks. Get their nails done. But, I've never stepped out into a smoker's courtyard and seen much relaxation THERE either, not anymore. That was the thing I *hated* about smoking at work actually, though I worked on a Native, sovreign nation, so they weren't QUITE as draconian as some places.... But I work with kids and familes, I was always terrified that one of my clients would *see* me smoking, though most everyone KNEW, I mean.... Nonsmokers can smell you. I'd always just say straight out, "Yes, I am a smoker, and very, very sorry for it...." It will be nice to not have that problem, or to HAVE to (it felt like) go out in over 100 degree heat to smoke a cig as fast as I could.....

Come to think of it, Opinionated, you may be right! Cigarettes are NOT relaxing, at least not in the outside world anymore.... At home? Slighly different. I'd go out and smoke right underneath the misting machine... The dog misses my company, LOL.

Anna

Reactions: Opinionated

Typexx

Jun 21, 2017
Thanks again for your opinions. It helps me a lot to see different views on this topic!

I manage to borrow vape device from my friend, it's RDA one
Since i have my exams in school right now i am doing exactly what i was used to do when i was smoking cigs. During my studying sessions ( 8 hours usually) I have like four-five 10 mins. breaks. So far it helps me a lot! Enjoying flavors and enjoying that moment. It looks like im gonna buy some device.

Do you have any recommendation for some starting device ? Is it good to buy as your first device the RDA or tank will be better? So far, from what i see, the RDA one will fit me more ( "The factors i like on vaping" in first post in this thread ), is that right? And what about mod, which one is suitable for newbie but won't let you down in the future?

Have a great weekend!
And thank you for your opinions!

PS: I'm using 0 nic juice.

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
Have to ask, did I miss it or did you mention the country you are in?
I ask because there may be members in your country that can assist you.
Also is where you live one of the ones that are restricting vaping?
Just to throw this out there also, you seem to have a good idea of what you want but, from what you have stated I fear you may succumb to shinyitis.
This is a serious issue that many of us have, we are always searching for the perfect vape and buying the new shiny stuff.
Once vaping becomes a true hobby it can cost you a good bit if you are always building and tinkering (my wife will tell you it gets costly fast).
I just want you to think of this before you start as in being a student, is this a hobby I can afford etc....... Not just the mod, have to account for the juice consumption if you are after clouds.

Then again you could be one of the few that is happy with one device and it's all you buy.:2c:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'm glad you enjoyed your 0 nicotine and you had a chance to try it out... IDK, if you're liking the setup your friend has and it's enjoyable, I don't think it's necessarily a bad place to start, but do factor in cost (especially like, if as Highteck Redneck said) you are trying to do this inexpensively...

Anna

Typexx

Jun 21, 2017
Have to ask, did I miss it or did you mention the country you are in?

I'm from Czech Republic. Restrictions are mostly given from EU. The only restriction which is bothering me is that shops can sell only 10 ml e-juices and the price is kinda high for that so its definitely better to mix your own juices.

I did some research about devices an i kinda like the Tsunami RDA by GeekVapes, its look like good budget-friendly device. What about mods? Any recommendations?

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
I'm from Czech Republic. Restrictions are mostly given from EU. The only restriction which is bothering me is that shops can sell only 10 ml e-juices and the price is kinda high for that so its definitely better to mix your own juices.

I did some research about devices an i kinda like the Tsunami RDA by GeekVapes, its look like good budget-friendly device. What about mods? Any recommendations?
I have a tsunami, but have rarely used it as if late. It is a good vape, but as I'm sure many will mention it will leak if you don't pay attention to dripping. The bottom airflow tubes allow the liquid out if not dripping directly down the middle or dripping too much.
As a starter for building etc the only one I am using that I can recommend is the icon from vandyvape. Others will chime in I'm sure.
All will be build specific so ask if not getting good performance.

Device, well there are far too many.
In your research do you plan to use temp control?
Internal or removable batteries?

Highly recommend regulated to start!

Typexx

Jun 21, 2017
Definitely looking for regulated mods! I think I like internal battery more, but if the removable ones have some major advantages i have no problem buy mod with removables.

I'm not sure if i get the temp control thing right. Basically the mod controls temperature of coils and making sure that coils don't exceed this temp so you don't burn wick and you don't get dryhits. If so, I like this feature, so it will be nice to have it in mod, i guess.

Since mod is the type of device which can cause lot of troubles if it has some malfunction ( or if its not used correctly ) I want something really reliable and not that hard to control.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Definitely looking for regulated mods! I think I like internal battery more, but if the removable ones have some major advantages i have no problem buy mod with removables.

I'm not sure if i get the temp control thing right. Basically the mod controls temperature of coils and making sure that coils don't exceed this temp so you don't burn wick and you don't get dryhits. If so, I like this feature, so it will be nice to have it in mod, i guess.

Since mod is the type of device which can cause lot of troubles if it has some malfunction ( or if its not used correctly ) I want something really reliable and not that hard to control.

Actually, as a budget friendly starter mod, something like the Voopoo Drag might be a really good one for you.

Here is a review of it: (review begins at 5:38)

Last edited:

ddirtyvapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Portland, ME
I personally would really not recommend starting with an RDA, which requires you to either buy premade coils or build your own and at the very least, know how to install them and get them working properly. With a modern regulated device, it's not necessarily unsafe the way it can be with new builders and mechanical mods, but rebuildables are not really meant for beginners and I don't personally see the benefit of jumping right into that when there are so many good, inexpensive tanks that take factory coil heads. If you're determined to build, there are a lot of tanks that take both factory coil heads and have a rebuildable section. I think one of those is the better option for a beginner, something like a SMOK TFV8 Big Baby Beast or Spirals, a couple of Eleaf Tanks like the Lemo 3, a few Kanger tanks... they are definitely out there.

I would be remiss to not say that this still screams bad idea to me, but you'll do what you're going to do and we will continue to help regardless.

Reactions: OlderNDirt

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yes, I don't think it's the greatest idea to start out with builds, at all. Not unless you're a mechanical genius and willing to watch a LOT of videos.

Is there a reason you don't want to try something a bit less labor intensive first? I mean, you've said a lot of conflicting things here... You want it to be like a cigarette.... You want to have a hobby.... Maybe not such a good idea/oh it was great, etc.

You seem like you're in a *major rush* to me, which I don't quite understand? Is it because you said you may try 3 m.g nicotine if you're building? Sorry, just had to ask, since you did say it.

Slow down, dude. Just chill, already. Do things safely and progress up the vaping ladder like most people do. You aren't special, your situation isn't that special, you enjoyed your friend's vape set up (what was it?). At the very least, spend a few weeks learning to vape correctly and handle materials properly which isn't always as easy as it seems. Seriously, when I look in my crystal ball, today, I see a toddler clutching a bunch of batteries and placing them on the hot pavement while examining them with a microscope leaning over very far to check out the serial numbers.... LOL. No offense intended but sheesh, I have no control over my crystal ball, and your RUSH TO BE SO HOBBY ORIENTED AND COOL.... My magic 8-ball also says "Ask again later".

Then again, maybe everything will work out perfectly for you but why are you in such a rush to be the VALEDICTORIAN of the vape world? It's not necessary, and my assessment of the excited youth wanting to Be all he can Be (which is fine) should be tempered with some major research and waiting, while the adult waiting to burst out of the phonenix ashes is like, "Can you just chill already dude and let me vape in peace for a bit?"

That said, go read every damn thread in mods/building/battery safety and etc. DON'T just sit around asking random questions, you'll get your answers, but I doubt you'll be fully informed and you just seem like an accident waiting to happen. Maybe it's the language barrier, but CHILL OUT MAN OH BOY.

Anna

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread