Should we make a Protank compatible tank?

Discussion in 'Vaperfexion' started by cuseguy, May 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. cuseguy

cuseguy Ultra Member ECF Veteran

We have been toying with this idea for a bit now. Especially since it is a fairly good concept that gets dragged down by inferior materials and quality in the end product. We need input on what is desired, what needs to be fixed from the Kanger model and if this is even a worthwhile idea. We would like to make both a 19mm and a 22mm model, if this ends up as a product. Any input from Protank users is worthwhile.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

2. skimmer02

skimmer02 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Airflow=critical on PT. The aero base on PT2 makes it decent, but could use better adjustment/more available airflow. I would be interested in a PT2 comparable type tank. I really like my PT2s, but it takes a little bit to make them right. Aero base plus a vertical coil makes PT2 a pretty decent vape. Dense but smaller cloud, good flavor, which I like for away from the house. Very reliable, never have a problem with them.

3. cuseguy

I haven't used PT's often, but airflow always seemed restricted to me. So that does need to be addressed for sure.

4. cuseguy

I already see part of the airflow issue. Unbelievable that Kanger engineers missed something so simple. I think the first step is duplicate the Kanger model in our shop and then make tweaks and see how it performs.

5. cuseguy

We are also looking at making an Aspire Nautilus Coil compatible tank and it seems to be the shop consensus so far as the version we should build.

6. jay5488

jay5488 Full Member

My protank 3 vapes really well at 1.6 ohms, but as said above, for lung hits the airflow is too tight, it's a shame you've to buy a separate piece to get the airflow good!! I also find the standard drip tip is a really loose fit and other tips don't sit completely flush??? Had this on my last 2 protanks!!!!

7. cuseguy

This is the dilemma. We could actually improve the PT3 substantially across the board. It needs improvement in materials, airflow, aesthetics and function. The Aspire is pretty darn good as it sits. Although I personally find it sort of ugly. So the only real upgrades would come in the areas of aesthetics and materials.

8. jay5488

jay5488 Full Member

I like the looks, the other thing is a way to retrofit the dual coil to a pt2, aero etc..... Has this been done??

9. cuseguy

That is the other thing we are playing with! I don't know for sure but I don't believe so.

10. jay5488

jay5488 Full Member

I'll be watching with interest!!!

11. cuseguy

That is why we need input from you guys. Every little suggestion makes a difference.

12. vaptamist

vaptamist Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I'm not much of a pro-tank user, but I'm keeping an eye on this!

13. Freedombadeaux

Freedombadeaux Senior Member ECF Veteran

I want a heart shaped tank :) One half can drip, the other half can tank!! And of course more chrome!!!

14. cuseguy

Well...it will definitely come in Titanium...If that helps ;)

15. cuseguy

Now that's a thought!

16. cuseguy

Wow I have to say after vaping the Aspire and the Protank for extended lengths of time over the last 3 weeks. I am shocked how unimpressed I am, compared to the old carto tank. I expected so much more. With that said, I think things could be improved by us on both designs. We'll decide this week if we want to tackle a new tank design or simply keep carto tanks and concentrate on RDA items. We have essentially split our regular machine shop off on it's own. It has become a highly profitable entity and because of that, it has had carte blanche on machine time as well as personnel allocation and left the vaping division with very clout, both in personnel and machinery allocation over the past year. So I split each into separate companies to hopefully balance the scales, by sliding some of the insane technical ability that we happen to have in house, over to the vaping side. So if it works as planned, this should allow us to bring some cool innovations over the next few months.

17. dave51

dave51 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

The two biggest problems with the pro tank are airflow and the cheap coils
    the coils are trash and the only way to use a pro tank is to rebuild the coils
    Th e airflow is a design fault and not much you can personally do about it

18. tick22

tick22 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

this is the biggest complaint. Plus can you make a better coil???
    :D

19. cuseguy

I am not in the coil business on the mass scale that would be required for that. Sure I could commission a higher end version to be made in China. But I don't see that being terribly worthwhile and quite risky from my pov.On the other hand, the Aspire has a good coil to work with and the adjustible airflow is kinda cool (although pretty useless aside from the 2 largest holes) But the dang thing floods constantly in my experience and I can't be sure if that is an inherent design flaw or something that we could iron out with some redesigning. Risky stuff to say the least.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.