• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum
Status
Not open for further replies.

WAC_Vet

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Missouri
Hey Fishin' Cricket!

Welcome to our group! I live near Lebanon, too! I vaped the other day at Country Kitchen (in the smoking section), and got a lot of strange looks! lol! I didn't get any questions except from the waitress, but everyone else was hanging on our every word!
I've yet to see anyone else vaping around here. But I hope it will catch on!

We hope to have a big get together soon. Maybe when the weather gets nice.
Hope to see you there!

Take care!
I vaped there, in the NON-smoking section (to the right), in April 09, when I was on my way to the airport to fly out to Florida! Vaped at the old Springfield/Branson airport, and on the plane (Allegiant). At the airport, a few people got upset, I showed them it was not a cigarette and only one gave me a hard time. The security guards came over (wonder which one reported it? lol) I showed them it was an ecig, and they told me no problem.

BTW, I also vaped at the Bay Pines VA hospital in Florida... cardiac ward!

Last edited:

WAC_Vet

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Missouri
I'm near Ft. Leonard Wood... south-central, Mo. I'm down to 7- 4081's (SmokeStik 5, 2 NJOY), currently waiting on a Leo 800, and a 4081 PT. I've vaped at the WalMart in St Robert, and in Lebanon... at the Lowe's in Lebanon. So far, I've not had any problems with vaping, once it's explained what I'm doing, and that it's only a vapor that they are seeing.

Dalton63841

Moved On
Feb 14, 2011
Maine
Hey! So when/where is the next meet? What kind of turn-out do these meets usually have? Just realized there are state-specific subforums here, so I know none of that. Me and the girlfriend would love to attend one of these functions. You will see my setup in my sig. And for the record, I use my Provari EVERYWHERE. I have only been called on it once at a Casey's gas station, and he calmed down when I showed him what made all the "smoke" LOL.

mamabearcoffey

Nov 25, 2011
Missouri
Hi all. I live in the Windsor area. It's near Clinton, Warrensburg, Sedalia area. I have not started vaping yet. Have a KR808 headed my way just as fast as the USPS can carry it to me.
Can hardly wait to get started. I am so excited to not hear my breath whistling in my trachea at night. I'm excited to not have ashtray breath. I'm excited for my house to not smell like an ashtray, either. I'm excited to possibly dodge the emphysema bullet (or worse). In short, I'm excited.
Been in LPN school for the past year, due to graduate in two weeks. It's been a miserable year and I hope to celebrate it's ending with the end of my smoking, as well.
I'm looking forward to getting to know you all.

quasimod

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Joplin, MO - USA
Welcome, and good luck, mamabear! You've definitely made the right decision. That KR8 is a good first choice, just remember: If there is anything at all about it that you dislike, you can change it. Almost everything about vaping is customizable. Too strong/weak? Don't like the flavor? Too much hassle changing batteries, refilling cartos, etc.? Whatever, it can be fixed. Trouble is, at first, you may not know exactly what the problem is, and exactly what you will want in a month or so. That's what this forum is for. We can help you figure it out.

Oh, and what I don't like about the smoking bans, is the incredible temerity of a government that presumes to intrude into the personal lives of it's citizens in any way whatsoever. If our "Founding Fathers" knew this was where it was all headed, they probably wouldn't have bothered.

Also, you aren't very far from the St. Louis area, and the only active vaping group in MO. They are friendly, welcoming, knowledgeable, and have regular monthly meetups where you can learn gobs o' stuff and meet good people.

Last edited:
Welcome mamabearcoffey and kazz63758. Thanks for the the compliments quasimod.
Like quasimod said if you ever in the St.Louis area let me know. We have regular meet every 3rd Saturday of the month.
Here is the link where we post our gatherings.http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...st-louis-mo-regional-monthly-meetings-16.html
We also have a facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/196374117101584/
If either of you have any questions or problems don't be afraid to ask. We are always willing to help if we can.
By the way quasimod when are you going to come to one of our meetings? It would be really great to meet you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread