show off your mech! homebuilt mods only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkenergy66

Dec 12, 2014
NJ
Built out of stuff I found in the boiler room and two 18650 batteries in series. I was bored.

IMG_20150120_235144605.jpg

(Yes, it works, and no, I'm not stupid enough to actually use it lol)

Reactions: thetrucker

ClayTaylorNC

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2014
United States
Just finished this one up last night. Parallel 18650, Single Mosfet, VM, FDV 510. I took the interior pic before I got it all cleaned up and looking pretty, but will edit in finished ones withen a couple hours. I would love to keep this one for myself, but fortunately it's already sold!

IMAG0081.jpg
IMAG0082.jpg
IMAG0084.jpg
IMAG0065.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG0063.jpg
    IMAG0063.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:

NaCl_H2O

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Thanks to everyone on this forum - an invaluable resource of information!

Dual 18650 parallel P-MOSFET. The box is made of Copper bar soldered at the mitered corners and then sanded, polished, and Laquered. The Copper box is the battery negative path.

The wood covers are "Book Matched" for some amazing patterns. More varieties in the future I hope!

Let me know what ya think?

Last edited:

rhelton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2014
spokane, wa
Here is my first experience with a mech box. I vape regulated after some time with tube mods and really did not have a whole lot of interested in a mech box other than I had some of the parts laying around so it was a cheap and easy build. Its a 1550P dual parallel mosfet mod, varitube 510, 1 amp charging board. I had to remove the lower right post to fit the battery's. The cells are hard wired in parallel with 16g copper stranded wire, volt meter, charger board and tack button with 22 gauge. I used epoxy to create a raised window over the volt meter, then gave it 5 coats with permanent marker to tint it. It worked very well, I used a damp cloth between coats too remove the left over ink from the surface. After 5 coats it is very dark smoked colored and unable to see in from the outside. When mod is fired it lights up more than enough even in daylight. I have enjoyed it so far and it is worthy of being in my daily rotation.

uddiyA5.jpg

NaCl_H2O

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2013
San Antonio, TX
  • Deleted by Unforeseen
  • Reason: Posting Against ECF Supplier TOS

asdaq

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
poland, and the brassy lands of google
Hey that looks durn coppery. :)

Very innovative, looks much better than the original. Is it made from stamped brass? From the pics on FT, the stem and parts are pretty clearly soldered on, did the real thing resemble this?

Also, you've got me curious about what is going on between the batteries there with the spring, yellow plastic etc. Is that passing the current or decoration?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread