Not open for further replies.

ATylerRose

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Las Vegas NV USA
New sig line "Oh for the love of vaping"
LOL!
Yes I figured out why they were multiplying. You can't have a signature banner on Tapatalk and ECF or they carry over on top of each other on ECF.

That's actually a good idea for my signature there then it wouldn't conflict with my banners here. :hubba:

Last edited:

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
Was it you or Katadarling that bought the Smowell? I ordered one, just to see. On its way!

Congrats. I can't wait to hear about it when it arrives. Cute little mod.
Your thinking of Katadarling and her "Welly".
I haven't ordered anything yet. Nothing is really fitting. I'm frustrated.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Actually Susaz, it was me (via another ECF'er). He ordered them for us, but ended up not even sending it to me, as he knew I would not like it. Sadly, I monikered it "the Smelly", but!!!!! Others HAVE liked it and I hope you do as well. :)

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
Actually Susaz, it was me (via another ECF'er). He ordered them for us, but ended up not even sending it to me, as he knew I would not like it. Sadly, I monikered it "the Smelly", but!!!!! Others HAVE liked it and I hope you do as well. :)

I have seen some lousy gear with great reviews sometimes. :D I always wonder how they manage that.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
Well I want something shaped like the SX mini that isn't $200 but also had temp control. I've gotten used to it and I like using it. What's out there Vaping Shoppers?

A lot of stuff is coming in with temp control. I have no idea how to use it or what it means. Isn't Ohm's law enough? LOL. I tend to picture one more thing to go wrong. I think most people like temp control and it doesn't seem hard.

I want IPV 70w mini at half price but I want it to last as long as dual batteries do but a single replaceable battery size. Pretty colors too. I'm tired of stainless or black. And lightweight. I also expect it to last forever.

ATylerRose

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Las Vegas NV USA
A lot of stuff is coming in with temp control. I have no idea how to use it or what it means. Isn't Ohm's law enough? LOL. I tend to picture one more thing to go wrong. I think most people like temp control and it doesn't seem hard.

I want IPV 70w mini at half price but I want it to last as long as dual batteries do but a single replaceable battery size. Pretty colors too. I'm tired of stainless or black. And lightweight. I also expect it to last forever.

Yes that's just the shape I'm looking for. The Vape Summit was in Vegas last weekend (Didn't get to go because of work) but I met a guy at work with something really nice but when I finally had time to go and ask him what it was he was gone. It was an almost sparkly silver finish but it didn't have a logo on it?

Oh and I'll take one exactly as you described too. That would be a dream mod I'll take one in purple please.

Last edited:

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Last edited:

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I was just saying, to me it's more cost effective to replace the batt every six months or so than an iStick. When they first came out were great, but no, not cost effective anymore. I bought the 100W instead, with two batts, a more boxy device at around 60 bucks. Not that I will ever use that much power, but at least replacing the batts is only 20 bucks.

Mostly I do prefer removable batteries, I just couldn't resist those excellent prices; I've been dying for a "girly" looking mod since I started, and now I finally have one! Got the black one too, to go with other toppers. One thing I really love about the iStick is the real-time constant monitoring of the ohms; sometimes if some coils are kinda iffy, they kinda wander around in resistance, and with the iStick, I can keep track of that really easily. Really glad too, that I went for the 30w and not the 50, with all the problems I keep reading about with the 50w; not nearly as many with the 30w.

Andria

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
I remember you saying that... A day after I ordered one.
But, on a 1 - 1.5 Ω coil in a Davide, or RBA, or an RBT.. It's perfect.
You put in an 18650 battery once, then charge via the mini-USB. Once your battery dies, you take it out and put in a fresh one instead of throwing the whole mod away.
No rattlesnake or anything... It DOES read .2 Ω off sometimes, but since I'm a puffer not a chaser, I have no problems with it at all.

It all depends on what you want and what you use the mod for.
I also got a SMOK xPro 65. Battery works the same way and for me, it gives the same vape.
I ordered one more of each.

Katdarling

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
You put in an 18650 battery once, then charge via the mini-USB. Once your battery dies, you take it out and put in a fresh one instead of throwing the whole mod away.
No rattlesnake or anything... It DOES read .2 Ω off sometimes, but since I'm a puffer not a chaser, I have no problems with it at all.

I also got a SMOK xPro 65. Battery works the same way and for me, it gives the same vape.

And I do keep in mind that I never held it, vaped it, or had a personal introduction to it, but I do trust my bud completely. Having said that, and based on your observations, it sounds like it's truly a mod that does work and serve it's purpose. I am sorry, Ken. I did toss a little fun at it mostly in jest. I'm sure it's fine tho, and I really am glad to hear a more positive review on it.

It just didn't suit either of us at that point in time.

I'm not all that familiar with the SMOK xPro 65. I do recall when I added them to the sheet, but never really heard chatter about them. So you're liking that one as well, eh?

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
I've had a Vaporshark DNA40 for some time now and have been building with nickel wire as well as using the Nautilus Ni heads. To be truthful, the only thing good for me is the non dry hits. But not every one of them work the exact way.

Back last week I saw a related cousin of the Smelly with temp control and preordered. They should be ready to deliver by now. It is ugly in all its glory.

Heatvape Invader Mini 50W E-Cigarette Mod by 1 x 18650 Battery-61.04 and Free Shipping| GearBest.com

I like that Defender. But no purple or good colors and they wouldn't take a wrap. Can't even patina those. When will manufacturers ever learn?

The one I'm watching now is the Ego One, 1100mah. Reviews have been very interesting and it's got some unique features but it's not a killer price. They put out a CLR atomizer for it that looks simple to wrap (if I ever stoop to that level) and has flow control for thickness of juice. 19mm diameter works with a lot of tanks. I was thinking of the GS-M tanks but many are using the sub tank nano. 'Course I first spotted it due to the tiff blue that it comes in. Nice pass through (that's actually useable) on the side and Joyetech reputation means it might last awhile.

I can't tell if it's power drops like a mech mod as the battery wears out (I'm not a fan of that). It's not a mech, not regulated, not hybrid. Kind of it's own little category. I just wish batteries were replaceable.

That's today. Tomorrow might be different. I can't deciede.

Last edited:

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
And I do keep in mind that I never held it, vaped it, or had a personal introduction to it, but I do trust my bud completely. Having said that, and based on your observations, it sounds like it's truly a mod that does work and serve it's purpose. I am sorry, Ken. I did toss a little fun at it mostly in jest. I'm sure it's fine tho, and I really am glad to hear a more positive review on it.

It just didn't suit either of us at that point in time.

I'm not all that familiar with the SMOK xPro 65. I do recall when I added them to the sheet, but never really heard chatter about them. So you're liking that one as well, eh?
:) you should never need to apologize to me. I haven't gotten offended by someone's opinion or even having fun in a LOOOOOOOOOONG time.
I have one friend here on the forums that is highly offended by being labeled a tootle puffer. But I really don't think it's worth getting upset about. everyone is different. :D
yeah, the Smowell works very well for me, as does the xPro. The 65 can go up to 65 watts, but I've never had it over 8 myself, so couldn't give a FULL review of it. it fits in my hand, and the buttons are not recessed, but are cradled in a channel on the front that makes them easy to use, but hard to accidentally push (which I like). The other side has groves in it that give you grip, but may make it hard to actually girly up, so you would probably want something other than basic black if you want a "pretty" mod.
Both have a hard 510 connection though.. my iStick seems to have a softer one that makes it hard to put a tank on. I'm not sure I really like it as much because of that.
all 3 have the floating positive post though and that is a plus.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina

I prefer having one of each since these things rarely last more than a year. My Vamo is the only one that survived and it's looking at me quizzically and saying "You don't love me anymore" Truth, I hate chargers, I prefer the USB charger anytime. Next month is MOD BUYING MONTH (I do it every three months, I add a new mod to the lineup, and since they come indirectly and not through the mail, they take three months to arrive) so I'll see if it's worth buying any new mods.

As for the iStick 50, I think I'm one of the lucky ones that preordered and got a good one. Maybe take my chances with a Cloudpor mini?

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I like that Defender. But no purple or good colors and they wouldn't take a wrap. Can't even patina those. When will manufacturers ever learn?

The one I'm watching now is the Ego One, 1100mah. Reviews have been very interesting and it's got some unique features but it's not a killer price. They put out a CLR atomizer for it that looks simple to wrap (if I ever stoop to that level) and has flow control for thickness of juice. 19mm diameter works with a lot of tanks. I was thinking of the GS-M tanks but many are using the sub tank nano. 'Course I first spotted it due to the tiff blue that it comes in. Nice pass through (that's actually useable) on the side and Joyetech reputation means it might last awhile.

I can't tell if it's power drops like a mech mod as the battery wears out (I'm not a fan of that). It's not a mech, not regulated, not hybrid. Kind of it's own little category. I just wish batteries were replaceable.

I'm thinking as a semi disposable vape. Since they can take both coils, you can have some Nauti or Subtank Ni coils to go out. Losing the DNA40 would be very heartbreaking for me.

I tried an ego One and didn't like it because it's fixed voltage. I'm a VW or VV person, and fixed things drive me crazy.

Maybe the Smok m80 will give you better performance, but I don't like the m65 chip so I'm waiting for a comprehensive review on that. No removable batteries!

Reactions: aikanae1

Katdarling

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
I have one friend here on the forums that is highly offended by being labeled a tootle puffer. But I really don't think it's worth getting upset about. everyone is different. :D

Offended? Really? :D We've made it to "Broadway", us T Puffers. Have you all seen the Aspire ecigonline blog page? :lol:

But I do understand. And now I'm in a big "WHEW!" And will still call it the Smelly Welly. :p

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)

Why couldn't the Defender be wrapped? It looks to me that one could easily do that one themselves as there would not have to be any cutouts. Personally, I wouldn't want to cover the top silvery part anyway.

I got the peacock finish it's a very nice with what seems to be a pretty tough and durable almost wrap like finish to it. I like the way the mod looks and handles and love being able to easily use an ego threaded topper if I choose on the fly without having to locate an adapter. It's a bit heavier than the sticks, but the connection in the center also tends to make me feel like it's more secure when being thrown in my purse -- which I certainly do!

I just saw that there is now a 36 watt version -- for those that want more watts. So, look for sales on the first version.
1172933-Happy-Emoticon-Smiley-Holdi.jpg

pokemom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2014
Lauderhill, Florida, United States

I love the Ego One! I have the 1100 mah, magic blue kit (I thought from the Joytech pictures that it was a "tiffany" blue, but it is NOT, it is a baby blue). Anyway, it doesn't drop off from what I can tell. One minute you are vaping and the next minute you can't. The light supposedly flashes to give you warning that the battery needs charging, but in the sunlight it is really hard to tell. It is small. And the tank is small. It lasts a couple of hours at best.

I am in love with the performance of the 1.0 ohm coil. I don't like the .5 ohm coil. The device gets too warm, the vape is too hot (even at full air flow) and it leaks/spits up a lot of juice into my mouth. That said, it is my go to device if I am leaving the house to run errands and such. I hear that they are coming out with a "mini" which is 16" in diameter and a "mega" which is 22"

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Why couldn't the Defender be wrapped? It looks to me that one could easily do that one themselves as there would not have to be any cutouts. Personally, I wouldn't want to cover the top silvery part anyway.

I got the peacock finish it's a very nice with what seems to be a pretty tough and durable almost wrap like finish to it. I like the way the mod looks and handles and love being able to easily use an ego threaded topper if I choose on the fly without having to locate an adapter. It's a bit heavier than the sticks, but the connection in the center also tends to make me feel like it's more secure when being thrown in my purse -- which I certainly do!

I just saw that there is now a 36 watt version -- for those that want more watts. So, look for sales on the first version.
1172933-Happy-Emoticon-Smiley-Holdi.jpg

That's very nice. I shopped around but mostly are 34 bucks yet. I love the ability to put a lanyard to it, and Bedazzle has some gorgeous lanyards for that. But yet, the Sigelei Mini is still the best value for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread